Sons' sorrow

I think we will do better against Morton who we have already beaten this season as being the home team they will attack us which suits Dumbarton style of play.

We were in full control of the last game against Morton and cruised into a 3-0 lead before taking our foot off the gas. Up until Morton scored they'd barely put an attack together.

I'm not sure where this counter attacking notion comes from - other than us leaving 3 up front at a corner, when else have we looked to attack quickly on the break?

Hell of a lot of assumptions being made about the squads capability and style, all of it focussing on the negative as well.

We were in full control of the last game against Morton and cruised into a 3-0 lead before taking our foot off the gas. Up until Morton scored they'd barely put an attack together.

I'm not sure where this counter attacking notion comes from - other than us leaving 3 up front at a corner, when else have we looked to attack quickly on the break?

Hell of a lot of assumptions being made about the squads capability and style, all of it focussing on the negative as well.

Couldn't agree more with your final sentence.

Granted I missed the Alloa match but from the evidence of what I've seen so far this term our problems lie far more in putting the ball in the net rather than keeping it out. On that basis I can't say I'm too bothered what combination of defenders play and in what roles - they all seem fairly evenly matched. It's further forward where I'd be more concerned as no one's yet emerged from this group of players as a potential match winner. There's time yet though.

Granted I missed the Alloa match but from the evidence of what I've seen so far this term our problems lie far more in putting the ball in the net rather than keeping it out. On that basis I can't say I'm too bothered what combination of defenders play and in what roles - they all seem fairly evenly matched. It's further forward where I'd be more concerned as no one's yet emerged from this group of players as a potential match winner. There's time yet though.

Trust me, you didn't miss it.

The way I see it, Taggart, although a defender, contributes considerably to our attacking play. Therefore, him not being in the team, especially when replaced by Barr, hinders our ability to create chances and... Score.

The way I see it, Taggart, although a defender, contributes considerably to our attacking play. Therefore, him not being in the team, especially when replaced by Barr, hinders our ability to create chances and... Score.

I may be wrong, but are you saying you've been playing Darren Barr at right-back?

•Replace Barr and Docherty at full-back with Taggart and Waters – the latter pair are defensively the formers’ equals but crucially they can get up and down the park

•Now it gets tricky. Do we play Cawley and if so where ? .

Going forward is one of Sparky's main strengths. In fact he's better in midfield than at full back IMO.

Yes, you should play Cawley. He'll do a job wherever, but I like him through the middle - either up front or attacking midfield.

Going forward is one of Sparky's main strengths. In fact he's better in midfield than at full back IMO.

Yes, you should play Cawley. He'll do a job wherever, but I like him through the middle - either up front or attacking midfield.

Ooh err, missus.

Sounds promising, but aitken did say it was unfair to expect a 19 year old to come in and turn a game, then signs one, does this mean mccallum will be dropped after creating a spark on Saturday?

Are we not overdue a striker who can bang goals in, week in week out, that we can call our own? Everyone else seems to on a regular basis