Sons' sorrow

A spokeswoman for West Dunbartonshire Council said: "The council’s priority is to develop the Waterfront Walkway and work with both Historic Environment Scotland and surrounding land owners to improve the area around the Rock and Castle.

"We have never said we are unhappy with the location of Dumbarton FC stadium and it would be wrong to suggest otherwise.

“The location of the stadium is not on the proposed route of the new walkway, which is proposed for the waterfront edge, and therefore does not interfere with this plan."

A quote from this weeks Lennox which pretty much confims that Wilson is talking utter shite.

#standard

I was just about to post that BBPF. Cannot believe you've infiltrated my mind. Again.

Anyways, here's the full article. Handy for anyone who wasn't at the meeting:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-fc-fans-question-bosses-9374232

Edit: Oh aye, the Record today says that we're keen on a deal to bring the Prince back in January. I'm not sure if that's great news or desperation. Either way, he's a smashing big guy :wub: 

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I was just about to post that BBPF. Cannot believe you've infiltrated my mind. Again.

Anyways, here's the full article. Handy for anyone who wasn't at the meeting:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-fc-fans-question-bosses-9374232

Edit: Oh aye, the Record today says that we're keen on a deal to bring the Prince back in January. I'm not sure if that's great news or desperation. Either way, he's a smashing big guy :wub: 

If yer not fast yer last, my friend.

A bit like our squad really.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A spokeswoman for West Dunbartonshire Council said: "The council’s priority is to develop the Waterfront Walkway and work with both Historic Environment Scotland and surrounding land owners to improve the area around the Rock and Castle.

"We have never said we are unhappy with the location of Dumbarton FC stadium and it would be wrong to suggest otherwise.

“The location of the stadium is not on the proposed route of the new walkway, which is proposed for the waterfront edge, and therefore does not interfere with this plan."

A quote from this weeks Lennox which pretty much confims that Wilson is talking utter shite.

#standard

I have no doubt that much shite was spoken by Mr Wilson last week. However, to be fair, the answer from the WDC 'spokesman' is predictable and not necessarily true. Always proceed with caution when a quote is from a 'source' or a 'spokesman'.

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Good to see him scoring.

Anyone know how our youngsters are getting on at their loan clubs? Playing regularly etc?

I seen the lad Kassarate at Bonnyrigg on Saturday and it got me thinking.

Perusing Kirkintilloch Rob Roy's website, young Kassarate has made a few starts & also came off the sub bench regularly. Rob Roy sit top of their League.

Decent website they have too.

14 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

[T]he answer from the WDC 'spokesman' is predictable and not necessarily true. Always proceed with caution when a quote is from a 'source' or a 'spokesman'.

I can't think of any reason, in this case, why WDC would make such a categorical statement if it wasn't true. Caution is indeed wise. But this statement chimes with everything I've been picking up. I'll be talking to the council again shortly. 

Simon

Good to see him scoring.

Anyone know how our youngsters are getting on at their loan clubs? Playing regularly etc?

I seen the lad Kassarate at Bonnyrigg on Saturday and it got me thinking.

Kyle Prior has been getting the 90 mins regularly for VoC, Jay Cameron has been injured but came on at half time at weekend and scored 2, Cameron at vics has been injured for a while but is back training with club and 17s to help him get fitness back

Here's my article in this week's Lennox Herald, alongside the stadium meeting report already reproduced here. (It's not online yet, so I thought I'd share it here). It's very slightly edited. One change to note is that second paragraph below the photo ends "Those are positives." What I actually wrote was: "Those are positives that we will look to verify." I have popped up the original text on the Sonstrust website, with a further note, here

Simon

Lennox SB.JPG

Edited by TheFarPost

3 minutes ago, TheFarPost said:

Here's my article in this week's Lennox Herald, alongside the stadium meeting report already reproduced here. (It's not online yet, so I thought I'd share it here). It's very slightly edited. One change to note is that second paragraph below the photo ends "Those are positives." What I actually wrote was: "Those are positives that we will look to verify." I will pop up the original text on the Sonstrust website shortly. 

Simon

Lennox SB.JPG

Why did they add a picture of Rose West? ;)

49 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Why did they add a picture of Rose West? ;)

Ha ha!  Yeah, I know. Bloody awful pic. They actually have one that makes me look slightly less ghoulish, but didn't use it. It's a conspiracy! ;) 

Edited by TheFarPost

Just looking at St Mirren's record on the day after the 21st anniversary of our 8-0 pumping by Dundee United. 

We finished that season with 11 points which I believe is some sort of record. However, at this point in the season we had 9 of those points!

St Mirren have 4.

Very pleased with today's result.