Sons' sorrow

52 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I hear that Ben Gordon has been released by St. Mirren.

I wouldn't be that adverse to him pitching up with us tbh, albeit I don't know what is wage demands would be like and how much game time he's had over the last 18 months.

Wouldn't mind either. Although if we keep Barr, Buchanan and Lang would we need him?  Or do you think he's better than Barr or Bucky? 

1 minute ago, Sons Fan said:

Wouldn't mind either. Although if we keep Barr, Buchanan and Lang would we need him?  Or do you think he's better than Barr or Bucky? 

If we keep Barr and Buchanan I wouldn't think our budget would stretch to have Gordon as well. In any case, if we keep Barr and Bucky then we don't need him, both Barr and Bucky are better IMO.

1 hour ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I hear that Ben Gordon has been released by St. Mirren.

I wouldn't be that adverse to him pitching up with us tbh, albeit I don't know what is wage demands would be like and how much game time he's had over the last 18 months.

Think he's probably quite similar to Buchanan. Wouldn't mind us taking him if Bucky decides he fancies FT football. Although my preference would be to keep what we have.

20 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I'm guessing that he'll go to Morton when Duffy moves to Dundee in the summer.

It's looking quite likely McCann is staying on. Even if he didn't, I'd be very surprised if Duffy was a candidate based on bits and bobs I've heard regarding our owners' thoughts in the past.

7 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Ayr united I hear

As Stevie Aitken was due to meet with the DFC Board today and he's meeting the players tomorrow night I'm guessing we'll be getting confirmation of this very soon.  Either that or you are going to be left with some egg on your face.

8 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Ayr united I hear

If we keep Barr and Buchanan I wouldn't think our budget would stretch to have Gordon as well. In any case, if we keep Barr and Bucky then we don't need him, both Barr and Bucky are better IMO.

Think he's probably quite similar to Buchanan. Wouldn't mind us taking him if Bucky decides he fancies FT football. Although my preference would be to keep what we have.

My preference too would be to retain what we have, I was just putting it out there as I have a sneaking suspicion that either one of Buchanan or Barr won't re-sign with us for next season. That's based on absolutely nothing, I just get a feeling both won't, so Ben Gordon would be a decent option if that were to prove to be the case.

Aitken set for full time gig I hear ( good source ).
 don't want to say who to yet though

I wouldn't grudge him a full-time gig in the slightest, providing it was a step up.

Barring the first half of this season he's done tremendously well for us and the cherry on the cake being keeping us in this league for another season.

I would however be very disappointed if it were to be someone like Ayr, as has been suggested. Or even Airdrie.

Both are full time, but in a period of transition off the field and as I understand it, not 100% decided on how their playing squads are going to be made up next year.

Ayr have a huge rebuild on over the summer, requiring a mass clearout given how awful they were this year (it still sits uneasily with me that we dropped so many points to them this year), and I'm not sure they'd be a more attractive proposition at the moment.