Sons' sorrow

So he signs a deal at the end of the month, then goes on Holiday? Not ideal for recruitment.
if he applies for Raith, rip up the deal. Can't be waiting about.

Christ, you can't seriously be grudging the guy a holiday? When is he meant go? The League Cup starts in June.

Judging by the interview he's keen to sign and he's already started working towards next season.

Christ, you can't seriously be grudging the guy a holiday? When is he meant go? The League Cup starts in June.

Judging by the interview he's keen to sign and he's already started working towards next season.

Well said Paddy. Too much negative responses from others. I'm with you on this and am taking the positives from the statement.

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Not grudging him a holiday at all, didnt mean to come across as such - but with potentially no assistant in place, I would prefer everything in place asap.

Looking for a favour here. The Sons archive on this day post for tomorrow is lacking some pictures and I can only find a crap screenshot on the net. Does anyone have any of the Forthbank promotion game in 1995 that I could borrow? (well, steal really)

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Looking for a favour here. The Sons archive on this day post for tomorrow is lacking some pictures and I can only find a crap screenshot on the net. Does anyone have any of the Forthbank promotion game in 1995 that I could borrow? (well, steal really)

Steal away dude.

IMG_0500.PNG

14 hours ago, sonsism said:

Board better call him on that and give him a deadline.  We better not be waiting for him to see how Raith get on in the play-offs. 

He's contracted until the end of May, we can't force him to make a decision before that and until then we expect him to keep doing the job that he's contracted for. 

I don't doubt Aitken is hanging on to see if anything else comes up, the DFC job this next season is one hell of a task and Stevie has always said he fancies full time. I think he'll wait until the play offs are done and then make a decision.

On 2012-12-23 at 00:22, forzamorton said:

Dumbarton are a Second Division club having a one year stint in the First Division. Not many fans expected promotion last year so when they did, I'm sure they knew this type of season was going to occur. They are a small club who don't have a huge fan base, making it difficult to spend money on players to improve their squad because the income they are receiving just isn't enough. They'll be a club who will yo-yo between the First and Second for the foreseeable future, but for now, they have to dig in deep and endure a long second half of the season.

9 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

New contracts offered to Barr, Buchanan, Ewings, Martin, Carswell, G. Gallagher, C. Gallagher, Smith, Nade and Prior. Kassarate going to Stranraer.

http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/15283488.Dumbarton_offer_contracts_to_ten_players_for_next_season/

What a way to start your Saturday.

If we could get most of them signed up it would give us a decent spine of a team. Glad the SeaGal is being kept on, as with Thomson and Stirling away he should slot in quite nicely. 

I guess this also confirms one of three things, either Sparky is away because he's on wages we can't justify for a squad player, the bust-up with Carswell or because he's go something else lined up. Surely we'd have kept him as a centre-mid over Grant Gal? Prior to the Carswell incident he'd been one of our best players in that role...

16 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

What a way to start your Saturday.

If we could get most of them signed up it would give us a decent spine of a team. Glad the SeaGal is being kept on, as with Thomson and Stirling away he should slot in quite nicely. 

I guess this also confirms one of three things, either Sparky is away because he's on wages we can't justify for a squad player, the bust-up with Carswell or because he's go something else lined up. Surely we'd have kept him as a centre-mid over Grant Gal? Prior to the Carswell incident he'd been one of our best players in that role...

It's surely the Carswell incident. Sparky was barely seen in the team after it unless absolutely required. In regards to Grant, we know Stevie likes him a lot and there's no questions over his attitude, I'm not surprised he's opted for Gall.

I think Martin, Barr and Buchy are key. Get them signed up and we have a defensive platform that looked pretty decent last season to build around. Hopefully there is some more league 1 gems like Thommo going to be heading our way!

That day is in my top five days supporting us. We'd gone from being top of the league with 3 to play to third with 1 to play. I thought we'd blown it but we were brilliant that day and thoroughly deserved to win. I seem to recall the Albion fans were seething and it's good to see it hasn't left them. Incidentally, my only other visit to Forthbank was when we clinched our play off spot and relegated them in the process!

22 minutes ago, microdave said:

That day is in my top five days supporting us. We'd gone from being top of the league with 3 to play to third with 1 to play. I thought we'd blown it but we were brilliant that day and thoroughly deserved to win. I seem to recall the Albion fans were seething and it's good to see it hasn't left them. Incidentally, my only other visit to Forthbank was when we clinched our play off spot and relegated them in the process!

The agony at Cappielow the week before though, ooft.