Sons' sorrow

I'm happy with the addition of Mark Stewart.

The level we're operating at we're not going to be able to bring in proven championship goalscorers, they'll go to Falkirk, Dundee United and the like, but an experienced championship player is very welcome.

I'm hopeful that being a focal point of our side, as I presume he will be, and hopefully getting him decent service, would see him with a double-figure return for us, which would be a certain success I'd say.

I'm happy with the addition of Mark Stewart.

The level we're operating at we're not going to be able to bring in proven championship goalscorers, they'll go to Falkirk, Dundee United and the like, but an experienced championship player is very welcome.

I'm hopeful that being a focal point of our side, as I presume he will be, and hopefully getting him decent service, would see him with a double-figure return for us, which would be a certain success I'd say.

If he plays the full season, he'll have a return of double figures for sure!

Last season was the only season for us that he didn't but then he barely played the second half of the season since signing his new deal with us in January, and he was injured for parts of the first half of the season.

I'd have happily kept him for the league below but Spence and Buchanan are certainly an upgrade anyway.

It was however, his decision to trigger the release clause as he wasn't willing to take the wage cut as he has a young family to look after now. Was a good servant for us.

I do find it funny how we got relegated yet a lot of the players who played a part in relegating us are still picking up teams in the league above :lol:

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

If he plays the full season, he'll have a return of double figures for sure!

Last season was the only season for us that he didn't but then he barely played the second half of the season since signing his new deal with us in January, and he was injured for parts of the first half of the season.

I'd have happily kept him for the league below but Spence and Buchanan are certainly an upgrade anyway.

It was however, his decision to trigger the release clause as he wasn't willing to take the wage cut as he has a young family to look after now. Was a good servant for us.

I do find it funny how we got relegated yet a lot of the players who played a part in relegating us are still picking up teams in the league above :lol:

Scientists call this the "Locke Effect".

On 2017-6-14 at 16:31, Rovers_Lad said:

Decent signing.Works hard and will run all day but dont expect a bucket full of goals from him

I'm sure he was the leagues top goalscorer his last season with us.

He's scored a few against us too....

On 2017-6-14 at 16:39, Boghead ranter said:

Well, he's part time now.  More time on his hands.

Surprised he's went part time, tho there is obviously a decent wedge at a lot of part time clubs.

I bumped into him last Friday as he was incoming to Portugal, so I'd imagine the deal was done pre awaiting x to be finalised.

He needs to feel wanted, loved and directed. If you can give that to him he will do well. I'll never forget his miss at Motherwell and his partner in the crowd sticking up for him but got a soft spot for him in some performances and £s we got for him....decent signing

Edited by MrDust

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'm sure he was the leagues top goalscorer his last season with us.

He's scored a few against us too....

Surprised he's went part time, tho there is obviously a decent wedge at a lot of part time clubs.

I bumped into him last Friday as he was incoming to Portugal, so I'd imagine the deal was done pre awaiting x to be finalised.

He needs to feel wanted, loved and directed. If you can give that to him he will do well. I'll never forget his miss at Motherwell and his partner in the crowd sticking up for him but got a soft spot for him in some performances and £s we got for him....decent signing

That appears to be Aitken's speciality. He seems to be good at getting the most out of players, and getting them feeling trusted. See the job he did with Nade last year, or Willie Gibson at Stranraer for evidence of that.

That appears to be Aitken's speciality. He seems to be good at getting the most out of players, and getting them feeling trusted. See the job he did with Nade last year, or Willie Gibson at Stranraer for evidence of that.

This. And to an extent with a large portion of our whole squad last season. See the massive improvements in folk like Andy Stirling and Robert Thomson. I think he's an 'arm round the shoulder' kind of manager and he's proven quite good at it thus far.

Just now, optimistic said:

So8, James penrice? 

Left-back at Partick Thistle, was excellent on loan at East Fife last year by all accounts. Born in 1998 iirc, and has an absolute belter of a left foot on him. His corners make Sparky's look average.

Would be a very capable Daniel Harvie replacement.

Happy with Penrice to spend the season with Dumbarton.
Your team is having a right good spell and there's no substitute for first team football in gaining experience.

Between Morrisons' fish counter and the Bonhill pharmacy we've got the rumour mill well covered on here :thumsup2 

If anyone is nipping into the Haldane shoppie can you ask if http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40292533 Alan Archibald is joining Liam Lindsay at Oxford?