Sons' sorrow

We have drawn the Blue Half of the bigots Youth team in the Challenge Cup. That should make it nice and easy for our fans who oppose the introduction of these Youth Teams into the league to boycott it.

I have the fear that that half of the local community might come crawling out of the woodwork for the game though, so hopefully we price it the same as league games to put them off. £22 and £10 plz Sons.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We have drawn the Blue Half of the bigots Youth team in the Challenge Cup. That should make it nice and easy for our fans who oppose the introduction of these Youth Teams into the league to boycott it.

I have the fear that that half of the local community might come crawling out of the woodwork for the game though, so hopefully we price it the same as league games to put them off. £22 and £10 plz Sons.

I would hope that a proper boycott could be arranged

Just now, Nowhereman said:

I would hope that a proper boycott could be arranged

I'd like to think so with our fans, but if they set the prices too low then the local armchair OF fans might be attracted.

With a bit of luck it'll be on Premier Sports, we'll get a wee bit of TV money, and I can find a perfectly legitimate, free, stream of it on the internet.

12 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I wouldn't even offer a concession price. f**k them.

52 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I have a hunch that the ferrets have now concluded their internal square-go and Mr Wilson now finds himself outside of the Brabco sack marked 'Stadium Development'.

Just to say that the trust will make comment on changes in the boardroom shortly, and we're involved in discussions about where things go from here. We believe it can and should mark part of a significant step-change in relations between fans, the club and the club's owners. 

Simon

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I wouldn't even offer a concession price. f**k them.

Good shout. 

1 minute ago, TheFarPost said:

Just to say that the trust will make comment on changes in the boardroom shortly, and we're involved in discussions about where things go from here. We believe it can and should mark part of a significant step-change in relations between fans, the club and the club's owners. 

Simon

The positive tone of this has (slightly) calmed my Colt team induced seethe

If I remember correctly last year the bookies overestimated the colt teams by a fair whack and many of the professional teams put them out on their arses.  Hoping for a repeat this year!

Ian Wilson leaving is very odd.  I'm sure there'll be further developments soon and I look forward to the Trust's response.

Still going to be a seething mess if we reveal an orange kit tomorrow.  Better be a bam up!

4 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

20161128183701.100680_801.thumb.jpg.9176c2696c0496251d1b99936b7a2a8a.jpg

I'll be gutted if that's it, but the collar and colour both look right. It would be such a huge step down from what we currently have.

In other news, here's a bit more about Rab the Bruce and the new stadium

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-fcs-new-stadium-jeopardy-10697880#ICID=sharebar_twitter

I'll be gutted if that's it, but the collar and colour both look right. It would be such a huge step down from what we currently have.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-fcs-new-stadium-jeopardy-10697880#ICID=sharebar_twitter

The collar is slightly different to that photo, I have a feeling the club are trying to bam us up
0d3d169cd6958a2bc7559a4df8e58404.jpg

12 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

This Robert the Bruce stuff is hardly news. Why is it all coming to the fore now?

2 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

This Robert the Bruce stuff is hardly news. Why is it all coming to the fore now?

I guess it's because the planning is now in, and has been commented on by the West of Scotland Archeology Service. I'd imagine they might have a bit of clout when WDC have to make a decision.