Sons' sorrow

11 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I couldnt believe getting charged £2.50 for a small soft drink at our friendly with you guys. Why do they charge you for a 5 year old? Ive never known anything like that. I thought even the spl teams had free admission for infants?

Well Celtic for under 12s Jock Stein Lower is a tenner. 

Aberdeen under 12 - £6

Hearts are a tenner for under 13s.

Its a complete and utter joke to charge a 5 year old 12 quid. 

Do you trust a club that struggled to even get ball boys? I don't. 

2 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

A back four, 2 defensive midfielders and a goalie makes 7 defensive players. More than defensive enough for me.

That said, I dont think there was anyone on the bench I'd have started.

That's how we played last season... And how many teams play now. It's not defensive at all. We had Made up front, Handling, Roy and Walsh behind him. We also seemed to be pushing Carswell further forward when in possession (albeit that wasn't very often). Furthermore, both of our fullback's when given the chance are capable of getting up the wing and delivering the ball into the box.

In fact, if we had been any less defensive yesterday it could easily have been double figures in the goals against column.

Have you tried secy @ sonstrust.net Jumbo? (remove the spaces before and after the at sign)
Might be better to try the trust membership secretary to sort out your membership. Your mails to Simon may have become caught up with any number of trust/SFSA/work stuff that Simon as going on.
Unfortunately these things can happen. Ideally it's avoidable but certainly something the trust should be able to put right.
Alternatively, come over to the trust table in the supporters lounge next time you're at the stadium and I'm sure its something that could be sorted out.

You'll be referring to Mr Hughes. He was very, very quick to provide the Trust's bank details for me to transfer my subscription and donation money. Since March, I've heard nothing from Mr Hughes.

If my messages have been lost in a sea of messages then perhaps Mr Barrow shouldn't take on so much work.

Whilst I appreciate your offer to sort something out, I won't be running after the Trust. I was duped out of parting with my cash.

Thank you for your efforts but I tried to deal with the Trust through private messaging since March and despite Mr Barrow's assurances back then and then on the eve of the last game of last season, I've heard nothing from them. This is why I now feel comfortable to highlight how I feel in public.

6 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

If my messages have been lost in a sea of messages then perhaps Mr Barrow shouldn't take on so much work.

It's a shame that you feel you've been treated badly here and I would think when Simon or other board members see this they'll look to help out. But as for the above point, please remember these guys are volunteers and we don't have queues of people (or any people, really) looking to take up the work that would be left if Simon or others were to stop their involvement. 

Back to football matters, the audio interview with Stevie on the Dunfermline site is more post Bonnyrigg than excuses and cliches. He doesn't sound happy at all and says there will be 1, maybe 2, coming in this week.

It can be found here: http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Managers_post_Dumbarton&ID=10163

I will be contacting my lawyers if these signings do not meet my high standards.

It's a shame that you feel you've been treated badly here and I would think when Simon or other board members see this they'll look to help out. But as for the above point, please remember these guys are volunteers and we don't have queues of people (or any people, really) looking to take up the work that would be left if Simon or others were to stop their involvement. 

I very much appreciate that the Trust members are volunteers and I responded to some very impassioned pleas for new members on this thread from Mr Barrow. I strongly agreed with the Trust's intentions to ensure the fans' voices were heard at DFC board level and I decided to show my support.
My issue is that when you ask for new members and you get new members who also add a donation, you should make sure they get all that is promised to encourage even more members, not take the money and then ignore said member.

46 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

I very much appreciate that the Trust members are volunteers and I responded to some very impassioned pleas for new members on this thread from Mr Barrow. I strongly agreed with the Trust's intentions to ensure the fans' voices were heard at DFC board level and I decided to show my support.
My issue is that when you ask for new members and you get new members who also add a donation, you should make sure they get all that is promised to encourage even more members, not take the money and then ignore said member.

No-one would deny that, least of all Simon Barrow and Tommy Hughes, but having received no response did you not suspect there may have been a communications failure and at least try to make contact with said individuals prior to a game ?  I mean, we are a small club with a small support base and it wouldn't have taken much trouble to find them.  These guys put in a mountain of work on behalf of everyone involved in DFC's affairs and it's really disappointing you've felt the need to go public here.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Could you not say pretty much the same thing about the club board members given that none of the directors involved in the day to day running have anything to do with Brabco

Edited by Nowhereman

No-one would deny that, least of all Simon Barrow and Tommy Hughes, but having received no response did you not suspect there may have been a communications failure and at least try to make contact with said individuals prior to a game ?  I mean, we are a small club with a small support base and it wouldn't have taken much trouble to find them.  These guys put in a mountain of work on behalf of everyone involved in DFC's affairs and it's really disappointing you've felt the need to go public here.

I live in England and work shifts. I don't get to many games. Communications were working just dandy up to the point when my money landed in their account. I have plenty of evidence of my attempts to keep it private and I was the first to suggest that there may have been some kind of communications breakdown but Mr Barrow replied to assure me all was in hand on the eve of the last game of last season. Since then ? Radio silence.

1 hour ago, dafcburty said:

Not sure where he gets the idea Danny Handling played 4 or 5 months at Raith from presuming thats an actual quote. He joined Raith at the end of March.

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not sure where he gets the idea Danny Handling played 4 or 5 months at Raith from presuming thats an actual quote. He joined Raith at the end of March.

Yes, it is a direct quote. I didn't think he was at Raith as long as he stated!

The guy was a seething mess. I think we can forgive him for not being totally accurate, he was more trying to prove a point.

As for the injury being blamed Killie's pitch, that's defo not what he's hinting at. He sounds absolutely rippin' it in the audio interview. It sounds to me that he isn't overly happy with Handling. Whether that's because he claimed he was fit to start the game when he wasn't or whether it's somethin else I'm not sure, but I'd say he sounds fairly frustrated despite saying he feels for him.

10 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The guy was a seething mess. I think we can forgive him for not being totally accurate, he was more trying to prove a point.

As for the injury being blamed Killie's pitch, that's defo not what he's hinting at. He sounds absolutely rippin' it in the audio interview. It sounds to me that he isn't overly happy with Handling. Whether that's because he claimed he was fit to start the game when he wasn't or whether it's somethin else I'm not sure, but I'd say he sounds fairly frustrated despite saying he feels for him.

I would agree with your assessment 100%: that's how it came across to me, also.