Sons' sorrow

24 minutes ago, the snudge said:

We should be trying to coax beanie out of retirement. 

I've been thinking about that too. Apparently he was training with Alloa a few weeks back.

What I'd do to see him diving in and around a penalty area wearing a Sons' top again :wub:

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm trying to fathom out the travelling/training aspects of this..

Who knows. Maybe he'll train with us on Thursday and stay down here with someone - he'll know Boomer from County for example. That would be my guess.

Moving away from signing news, I spotted this on the Facebook group regarding the access arrangements. Do we really have decision makers at DFC who are totally bereft of any form of common sense? I refuse to believe that anyone (and yes, I include Brabco people in this) can think this (or the Man of the Match situation) is a sensible idea. 

My son who voluntarily sells the match programmes, (mostly at the away end) has now been banned from coming through the foyer to the home end, as it is now and I quote "A sterile area"

44 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

£10/£5, under 12s free for the Nomads game.

Sensible pricing. It would be nice to see families taking advantage of the free under 12s offer, show the club that parents are happy to come along if they're not forking out more than half their own ticket price to get their kids in. That said, we need to be advertising it all week and all over social media or people will plead ignorance to it.

Mind how we were linked with some Cyrpiot bloke last month?

Well a website now appears to be claiming he close to signing. Link is here, so is the tweet. Google Translate brings up the following:

A month ago, kerkida.net revealed that it is "playing" the scenario to move to Scotland by Dimitris Froxlias ...

Newer information tells us that the 24-year-old midfielder has agreed to everything with the historic Damparton FK who is fighting in the championship of Championship! Typically, they are left to complete transcription.

Dumbarton FK is the fourth oldest Scottish team. It was founded in 1872 after Queens Park, Kilmarnock and Stranraer. It is one of the largest teams of the 19th century in Scotland

Cyprus is twice represented in Championship Scotland, as Stelios Dimitriou (St Mirren) is very well struck there.

After four games, St. Miren has picked up 9 points, just one of the pioneer Dunfermline. Damaron FK has scored two draws and two defeats.

I'm assuming that 'typically they are left to complete transcription' is to do with the contract situation. 

He's been a total journeyman, but I guess we can't be too picky about attackers. Plus he's foreign, so he'll obviously be good.

Edit: Aye 'Damparton FK. I like that.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Well a website now appears to be claiming he close to signing. Link is here, so is the tweet. Google Translate brings up the following:
A month ago, kerkida.net revealed that it is "playing" the scenario to move to Scotland by Dimitris Froxlias ...
Newer information tells us that the 24-year-old midfielder has agreed to everything with the historic Damparton FK who is fighting in the championship of Championship! Typically, they are left to complete transcription.
Dumbarton FK is the fourth oldest Scottish team. It was founded in 1872 after Queens Park, Kilmarnock and Stranraer. It is one of the largest teams of the 19th century in Scotland
Cyprus is twice represented in Championship Scotland, as Stelios Dimitriou (St Mirren) is very well struck there.
After four games, St. Miren has picked up 9 points, just one of the pioneer Dunfermline. Damaron FK has scored two draws and two defeats.
I'm assuming that 'typically they are left to complete transcription' is to do with the contract situation. 
He's been a total journeyman, but I guess we can't be too picky about attackers. Plus he's foreign, so he'll obviously be good.

A quick Google brought up his Instagram which shows he's been in Glasgow very recently and is mates with yon Stellios character at St Mirren.

Could be a goer.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A quick Google brought up his Instagram which shows he's been in Glasgow very recently and is mates with yon Stellios character at St Mirren.

Could be a goer.

I totally dismissed it at first, but aye, I wouldn't be shocked now given he appears to be mates with Stelios. It could be similar to the Jan Vojáček Tomáš Černý thing a few years back.

Hopefully he picks a high shirt number, keeps that decent sized beard and scores plenty. He's got serious cult-hero potential.

I totally dismissed it at first, but aye, I wouldn't be shocked now given he appears to be mates with Stelios. It could be similar to the Jan Vojáček Tomáš Černý thing a few years back.
Hopefully he picks a high shirt number, keeps that decent sized beard and scores plenty. He's got serious cult-hero potential.

Think he's got the same agent as Stelios. He was staying with Stelios when he was on trial with us and Dunfermline IIRC.

11 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Peter Houston dislikes this

36 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Think he's got the same agent as Stelios. He was staying with Stelios when he was on trial with us and Dunfermline IIRC.

Combine that with the fact Stelios has just followed us on Twitter, and I think it's a goer.