Sons' sorrow

There's a Rangers fan from G82 on Twitter claiming we charged £17 for entry to a friendly with Falkirk a few years ago.

Now I think I have a decent memory, but I can't remember us even playing Falkirk in a friendly - never mind charging £17 for entry to it. I could be wrong of course, but see things like that? It drives me mad. He won't pay £22 to see the team at the bottom of his street as it's too much, but he will pay £26 (excluding travel) to go to Ibrox. 

Old Firm fans are weird.

As has been said before, the price is just a nice excuse for Old Firm fans who have no interest in going to the game anyway, but want to seem like they care about their local team. If we let folk in for free they would complain about atmosphere or the team being utter shite.

One thing is for certain - we have never charged £17 for a friendly. I doubt we'd ever have charged as much as £17 for a parent and child at a friendly. Also, why the f**k would he "walk straight back out the turnstile? That suggests he's paid into the game and then after realising that he only got £3 change from his £20 that he walked back out and went to the pub?  I'm afraid we'll have to file this one under "didn't happen".

Just now, The Moonster said:

As has been said before, the price is just a nice excuse for Old Firm fans who have no interest in going to the game anyway, but want to seem like they care about their local team. If we let folk in for free they would complain about atmosphere or the team being utter shite.

One thing is for certain - we have never charged £17 for a friendly. I doubt we'd ever have charged as much as £17 for a parent and child at a friendly. Also, why the f**k would he "walk straight back out the turnstile? That suggests he's paid into the game and then after realising that he only got £3 change from his £20 that he walked back out and went to the pub?  I'm afraid we'll have to file this one under "didn't happen".

Looking forward to this. He obviously moved in over a two year period too:

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Image result for trump clapping gif

A second victory of the tweets for Sonsteam J 08 and his mythbusters team. Some guy was claiming we refused to take part in the free kids offer thing. I pointed out that he was wrong. He has since deleted the tweets.

trump-tweeting.jpg

17 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

Said this a month ago and I will say it again, Andy Stirling will be at us by the end of the window, most likely a loan.

Straight from the horses mouth.

Meant to ask about this yesterday, when you say "straight from the horses mouth" are you saying Andy Stirling told you he would be back at Dumbarton in January a month ago?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Worth noting Rangers are expected to charge £30 for concessions when they play Celtic at Ibrox.

Aye, but for that £30 you can shout abuse about Catholics with like minded individuals for an hour and a half. You don't get away with that at Rock - hence it's worse value for money.

https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/owners-give-written-assurances-to-fans/

This is a bit of a game changer for me. Written and signed guarantees of sustainable stadium ownership, a new DFC board, fans increase in shareholding, fanas guaranteed to be included in the business development at the new place and they're bringing themselves onshore?

The new board is absolutely massive for me, that and increasing our shareholding. That's extremely positive and fair play to Brabco for finally giving us what we needed.  Without wanting shot here, I'd be inclined to support the proposal based on that...

https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/owners-give-written-assurances-to-fans/
This is a bit of a game changer for me. Written and signed guarantees of sustainable stadium ownership, a new DFC board, fans increase in shareholding, fanas guaranteed to be included in the business development at the new place and they're bringing themselves onshore?
The new board is absolutely massive for me, that and increasing our shareholding. That's extremely positive and fair play to Brabco for finally giving us what we needed.  Without wanting shot here, I'd be inclined to support the proposal based on that...

I'd actually be inclined to agree.

I'd rather stay where we are... but I don't think we'd be doing ourselves any favours by opposing the proposals with these terms on offer. Say we do oppose it, where does that leave us?

I'd also agree on the new board. Change is required. This should be viewed as a massive development.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'd actually be inclined to agree.

I'd rather stay where we are... but I don't think we'd be doing ourselves any favours by opposing the proposals with these terms on offer. Say we do oppose it, where does that leave us?

I'd also agree on the new board. Change is required. This should be viewed as a massive development.

Aye, let's say we oppose these proposals now even after Brabco have given us written (and signed) assurances and the planning gets rejected (at first hearing and appeal hearing). The fans then look like the enemy to Brabco, even after they gave us the things we asked for. Brabco are then left with no possible move on the cards, fans who ruined that for them and a club they don't want. I don't like thinking about where that leaves us.

Let's say we support the move and it still gets rejected. We can then say to Brabco "at least we tried" and would probably be on good terms with them to work on a possible plan B for staying where we are/getting Brabco out of this failed investment.

Let's say finally that we support the move and the planning is approved - there is still a very, very long way to go before a brick gets laid, but Brabco are happy and the fans are the good guys - and with the assurances given we can push to make them reality and make this development work for us.

Trading off our current stadium in return for a new, forward thinking board, greater fan representation and shareholding and a sustainable business model? Sounds like a decent deal to me.  Having said that, I do think many fans will remain (rightly) sceptical.  A statement of intent from Brabco for me would be to make the changes to the board as soon as possible. Show us that you're 100% serious about following through on your promises.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A statement of intent from Brabco for me would be to make the changes to the board as soon as possible. Show us that you're 100% serious about following through on your promises.

I wouldn't disagree but right now Brabco are probably focused on gaining planning approval.   I would expect that any Boardroom changes would follow after that, and if Brabco have any sense they would do that right at the start of the push to relocate.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Magine it - Del Lyle, Andy Stirling and a new board in place for the St Mirren game.

What we need is someone who can score goals, and has experience of being a director of a business.

Wait a minute...

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14505893.Footballer_threatened_to_slit_police_officer_s_throat__hearing_told/

Without a doubt these are the greatest two paragraphs ever written.

Mr Lyle is alleged to have told one officer who attempted to ascertain his identity "you're getting it ya turkey" and called him "ya wee scone".

He is also alleged to have called the same officer a "wee bovril" and is accused of adding: "You're a wee jobsworth. If I ever find a link to you they are getting it ano. I'm telling you right now when I get out it will be carnage.

be62ba00c8b41bec63d522704dbe19fc.jpg

Anybody know what this is about? It’s on the latest thread on the Lennox Herald FB page regarding the Stadium move.

It’s interesting reading local residents comments on articles regarding the club and how they are perceived in the community. Bad experiences whether they have fabricated or have some substance seem all too familiar.

I get avid supporters of DFC are in the minority in this area and for numerous reasons but why so much disdain? Maybe this should be the focus of any charm offensive. I know the trust is chipping away at the negative culture within the inner sanctum of the club. Tough gig, though sense this should be a matter of urgency.

Maybe one day things will change.....