Sons' sorrow

I see The New Saints of Oswestry Town (is this the longest club name in the world?) beat Connah's Qay Nomads ( the only club with a Q and an apostrophe in their name surely) 1-0 with Routledge scoring the goal. When do the Saints play Crusaders in the Irn Bru third place match? Should be a cracker.

Well here wee go again with quotes ,be careful what you wish for ,ie Russel and nisbet ,with no goals in six league games  between them . while who was it that scored our last league goal ,and is scoring  all the time now ,cause he’s getting played .two out of three games  so far  ,but you discredit the boy who was our second top scorer in not a lot of game time   I rest my case .
And I don’t see wick and his pal end saying to much maybe they’ve had a great wickend together  loving it
Seriously though. Making your posts understandable cannot be that hard. Do You just bash your keyboard and see what the result is?
Where is ally Roy playing now and scoring all these goals? Mitch megginson has about 38 playing highland league this season. Why did we get rid of him a few years ago??? My point is, which is pretty obvious, it's an inferior league. I liked ally Roy but Stevie chose to move him on. Dry your eyes. Get over it. Your beginning to get boring now and even I'm struggling to find the energy to respond.

Given we played Ally Roy on the wing, then I'd say Andy Stirling was his direct replacement. Kevin Nisbet was the direct replacement for Greg Morrison. Beany was to give us further depth. Stirling is a huge upgrade on Roy - in fact he's a huge upgrade on most other wingers in the squad.

Is Rangeman honestly trying to argue that Ally Roy would fit into our front four ahead of Stewart/Froxy/Stirling/Burt/Walsh? That's before you take into account Beany, Handling, Nisbet, The SeaGal and Nade. I know we've not been scoring goals, but the front four that started against Morton is a big upgrade on what we had - and Stevie deserves credit for trying to address a faltering area.

Edit: He's our joint third top scorer too, with three goals. Level with the SeaGal and Walsh, behind Stewart (4) and Froxy (5).

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

22 hours ago, The Moonster said:

How can we have nothing in stock? Surely TTL just fucking make another strip if someone orders one? 

At this time of year? No chance. Its almost certainly a unique fabric for which all stock was ordered at the start of the season. You wont be able to get it in ones and twos.

Its probably more realistic to launch a whole new kit for the Cup Final and sell replicas of that to everyone if they think there is enough market for it.

Well here wee go again with quotes ,be careful what you wish for ,ie Russel and nisbet ,with no goals in six league games  between them . while who was it that scored our last league goal ,and is scoring  all the time now ,cause he’s getting played .two out of three games  so far  ,but you discredit the boy who was our second top scorer in not a lot of game time   I rest my case .

I think if you read back on my posts you'd find I actually quite liked Ally and was disappointed to see him leave, Mr Roy.

That being said I'd take Stirling over him any day of the week. Nesbit and Russell were 2 signings I had question marks over (neither were signed to replace Ally Roy) and they have done nothing to change my mind thus far.

Regardless of the above our frankly rotten league form and embarassing lack of goals is nothing to do with Roy leaving.

8 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I see The New Saints of Oswestry Town (is this the longest club name in the world?) beat Connah's Qay Nomads ( the only club with a Q and an apostrophe in their name surely) 1-0 with Routledge scoring the goal. When do the Saints play Crusaders in the Irn Bru third place match? Should be a cracker.

Queen's Park.......lol

11 hours ago, Rangeman said:

And I don’t see wick and his pal end saying to much maybe they’ve had a great wickend together  loving it

I've read this about 8 times now and still don't have a fucking clue what it says. I can only assume this is a new language that bampots have invented for themselves.

At this time of year? No chance. Its almost certainly a unique fabric for which all stock was ordered at the start of the season. You wont be able to get it in ones and twos.
Its probably more realistic to launch a whole new kit for the Cup Final and sell replicas of that to everyone if they think there is enough market for it.

Maybe the team will be wearing a commemorative shirt with embroidered lettering etc. They might make a few more to sell to fans .............. Ok, maybe not.

Bring back the sea gal  at least he can bag two goals in a game.   Cmon the bateman

I genuinely think your on the wind up now. Either that or you don't watch our games and just think "oh he played with hearts/rangers, he must be a good player. I want him to play"

I’ve been in touch with 3 social clubs near McDairmid to see if they can accommodate some of the buses. One has said they could take 150, another has room for 100. 
Do you think we should pursue this or just head straight to the ground on cup final day .?

I got the impression that the emphasis was on a wee swally at the Sons Siro prior to departure. Probably best to head to the ground.

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I expect that by the time the bus gets through traffic at Broxden and at the top end of Perth to get to wherever they're parking it'll be closer to 3pm.

Kick off is 4.15pm though.  Not a chance I'll be in my seat more than an hour before kick off. If the social clubs aren't far from the ground I'll walk, if not a taxi will do.

Kick off is 4.15pm though.  Not a chance I'll be in my seat more than an hour before kick off. If the social clubs aren't far from the ground I'll walk, if not a taxi will do.

It's why a fan zone would be ideal. No real expectation of trouble between the fans - get an outdoor bar set up, a couple of food stalls and some daft stuff for the kids (face painting, beat the goalie etc).

Organisers could do so much to make it a fan focused final.