Sons' sorrow

17 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

It would seem that Les Hope is no longer on the board but that the promised new board isn’t yet in place. http:// https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/SC009005-the-dumbarton-football-club-limited?page=people-contacts

Companies House says he resigned on 10th April.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Bit of a blow having to find a new sponsor in that case. Fingers crossed they've paid what they owe for this season already, the last thing we need at this point in time is losing out on money we're owed.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Bit of a blow having to find a new sponsor in that case. Fingers crossed they've paid what they owe for this season already, the last thing we need at this point in time is losing out on money we're owed.

Aye, that's a bit of a worry that we don't need right now.

What's the story behind it anyway (I had a quick look but couldn't find anything online). Did the Retro at the Rock flop kill it? 

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Still, the 'To Advertise In This Space Call........' Stadium has a certain ring to it.

17 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Aye, that's a bit of a worry that we don't need right now.

What's the story behind it anyway (I had a quick look but couldn't find anything online). Did the Retro at the Rock flop kill it? 

I'm not too sure, I seen the Lennox Herald posting about it. It sounds like general running costs vs revenue have killed them. It seems fairly ambitious that they tried to organise the gig at the stadium whilst in such a poor financial position. The fact that they were punting tickets for it and advertising it before they even had the relevant licences to run such an event would suggest they are a bit of a rabble.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm not too sure, I seen the Lennox Herald posting about it. It sounds like general running costs vs revenue have killed them. It seems fairly ambitious that they tried to organise the gig at the stadium whilst in such a poor financial position. The fact that they were punting tickets for it and advertising it before they even had the relevant licences to run such an event would suggest they are a bit of a rabble.

Found the article

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-based-station-your-radio-12374118

It's a shame. I only met a few folk involved when I was with the Lennox, but they seemed a decent bunch. Always have time for a company keen on helping out DFC too.

'The Brae Shop Stadium' has a nice ring to it, eh @Howlin' Wilf! Actually...having read Ranter's post, it's maybe best you just stick with SonsTV ;)

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Found the article

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-based-station-your-radio-12374118

It's a shame. I only met a few folk involved when I was with the Lennox, but they seemed a decent bunch. Always have time for a company keen on helping out DFC too.

'The Brae Shop Stadium' has a nice ring to it, eh @Howlin' Wilf! Actually...having read Ranter's post, it's maybe best you just stick with SonsTV ;)

If only we could interest The Daily Mail......

I remember in the early days at the Rock, suggesting to Ian MacFarlane to approach Northern Rock Bank/BS as I thought the stadium name would have been great for both parties. I don't know what happened to Northern Rock, you don't hear of them much now.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

all outdoor events have to run that way, you can't get a safety certificate until the venue is set up fully, the promoter takes insurance out against it.

I know that when the folk festival was on they had to delay entry to campers while the inspection was ongoing, I've also been in a queue on the first day of the fringe where the first show was delayed while they did it.

That's what knackered the Green Day gig too I think?

7 minutes ago, GoTeamGaz said:

all outdoor events have to run that way, you can't get a safety certificate until the venue is set up fully, the promoter takes insurance out against it.

I know that when the folk festival was on they had to delay entry to campers while the inspection was ongoing, I've also been in a queue on the first day of the fringe where the first show was delayed while they did it.

That's what knackered the Green Day gig too I think?

They stated issues around "council and alcohol licencing, noise levels and traffic management" as being the reasons it was cancelled. Que all the angry Facebook crowd blaming the council for not giving us nice things in the town. It was later reported it was due to poor ticket sales. I'm guessing it was probably both. I'd expect the above issues to be ironed out prior to tickets being put on sale, albeit I'm no expert in how these things work.