Sons' sorrow

11 minutes ago, microdave said:

As disappointing as tonight's result was, at least we've discovered our shooting boots with five in the last two games. Discounting games against Brechin, the fifth last goal we scored in the league was Froxy's against Dunfermline in November. 16 games ago.

Didn't  the 2-2 with QoS and Tom Walsh' s at Smurn come after that?   I make  that 17 games ago. After tonight's game our fifth last goal was Ally Roy's on Boxing Day. Froxy's was another four beyond that.

Didn't  the 2-2 with QoS and Tom Walsh' s at Smurn come after that?   I make  that 17 games ago. After tonight's game our fifth last goal was Ally Roy's on Boxing Day. Froxy's was another four beyond that.
I wasn't counting the Brechin games. Ft clubs only.

18 hours ago, microdave said:
18 hours ago, rockson said:

I wasn't counting the Brechin games. Ft clubs only.

So he was right :lol: that is exactly what he said...

ETA: maybe I'm being pedantic (or just wrong) but wasn't our 5th last goal the first one vs Dundee United on Saturday?

Edited by squeezeboxson

5 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

So he was right :lol: that is exactly what he said...

ETA: maybe I'm being pedantic (or just wrong) but wasn't our 5th last goal the first one vs Dundee United on Saturday?

No. You're right.

For those who took the train option to Inverness last time - how much of 'by the skin of your teeth' job was getting the train just after the match? Don't really fancy still trying to get home via Edinburgh close to midnight if I don't make it. 

1 minute ago, PWL said:

For those who took the train option to Inverness last time - how much of 'by the skin of your teeth' job was getting the train just after the match? Don't really fancy still trying to get home via Edinburgh close to midnight if I don't make it. 

Is it the half 5 train you're aiming for? 

I got it last time and left the game about six or seven minutes early. Made it in a decent amount of time, but I was only with my brother and we both were practically speedwalking. 

Sonsteam of 08sr left at nearer half past. He still made it to the station with about 15 minutes to spare though - albeit he is very slow!

5 minutes ago, PWL said:

Thanks. Yeah that's the one I was looking at. 

Not sure if train or drive is best option yet. 

Depends on whether or not you can get a good deal on tickets. I got there and back for about £15 last time, so it was a no brainer to get the train and just miss the last few minutes of the game. Left the house at the back of eight and wasn't in until about quarter to ten though (thanks to Scotrail cancelling a few Milngavie trains) though so it makes it a longer day.

So he was right [emoji38] that is exactly what he said...

Well you are right but I was meaning before that goal. I'm confused[emoji23]

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

There's always the supporters trust bus. Still a couple of seats available (I think)

I'm in north of Glasgow so easier to DIY. 

Anyway, train was £56 which isn't much more than fuel cost I'm guessing but with added bonus of less stress....asuming Scotrail function OK. 

I'm in north of Glasgow so easier to DIY. 
Anyway, train was £56 which isn't much more than fuel cost I'm guessing but with added bonus of less stress....asuming Scotrail function OK. 

Travelling by Scotrail always causes extreme stress levels. Well in my case anyway

Right folks, as part of a big effort from the Trust to make match days more of a fan friendly experience, and to hopefully entice more folk down to use the facilities pre-match, I will be running pre-match musical entertainment. We start off this idea with the Falkirk match, local artist Paul Shearer will be playing a set from 1:30pm in the community suite. If you're a singer or in a band or know anyone that might be interested please send this onto them - https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2018/04/12/platform-for-artists-supportoursons/

Feel free to drop me an email or a message if it's something that interests you and I can start a list of artists for next season!

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Right folks, as part of a big effort from the Trust to make match days more of a fan friendly experience, and to hopefully entice more folk down to use the facilities pre-match, I will be running pre-match musical entertainment. We start off this idea with the Falkirk match, local artist Paul Shearer will be playing a set from 1:30pm in the community suite. If you're a singer or in a band or know anyone that might be interested please send this onto them - https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2018/04/12/platform-for-artists-supportoursons/

Feel free to drop me an email or a message if it's something that interests you and I can start a list of artists for next season!

Tambourine recital's got to be one of the events.

ETA good plan though, got to be worth a try.

Edited by Boghead ranter

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Tambourine recital's got to be one of the events.

ETA good plan though, got to be worth a try.

Tambourine Open Workshop is on the list, it will give other fans without tambourines an opportunity to learn from the best!

In all seriousness, yes, there is no harm in us trying this. Anyone I've spoken to thinks it's a good idea, but the big thing will be whether or not folk actually come down to watch it. There will be a big effort from the Trust in trying to make the match day a bit more enjoyable and in the process we hope to raise the income the club receives (very important for us!). We are, of course, also open to ideas from anyone - if anyone has anything they would like to see on a match day please let us know (comment here or message me) and we'll see if it can be done. There are no stupid ideas at this point, we have pretty much a blank canvass to work with so don't be shy.

Great idea. Paul Shearer is very decent, I'm fairly confident he will go down well.

Must be a fair few Sons fans out there who would get involved? A dueling moothy and accordian between Squeezebox and Wilf before the playoff semi final would go down a treat IMO.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Great idea. Paul Shearer is very decent, I'm fairly confident he will go down well.

Must be a fair few Sons fans out there who would get involved? A dueling moothy and accordian between Squeezebox and Wilf before the playoff semi final would go down a treat IMO.

:lol:

If @squeezeboxson and @Howlin' Wilf are interested I'll be more than happy to accommodate.

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

If @squeezeboxson and @Howlin' Wilf are interested I'll be more than happy to accommodate.

Slight problem is that I'm away the weekend of the Falkirk match and will be recovering from an eye operation at the time of both play off semis. If it is on other times I'd be happy to contribute.