Sons' sorrow

25 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Forbes.  Before Thomas came in, if we didn't have the production from Forbes we would have been bottom I'm sure.  @Ross Forbes has some stats of this kicking around mid season.

Had a dig around and couldn't find the exact post, but if you deduct Forbes' goals and assists we'd have been 14 points worse off...

53 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Had a dig around and couldn't find the exact post, but if you deduct Forbes' goals and assists we'd have been 14 points worse off...

The key phrase in my last post was 'largely rescued' but yes, Ross Forbes made a very valuable contribution although statistics do not tell the whole picture - who ever gets to hear about Mango's 79% aerial defensive wins for example ? 

And actually, mention of Forbes only serves to underline my earlier point about the midfield, we've already all seen the result of three one-paced players in there and it's not pretty.

22 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The key phrase in my last post was 'largely rescued' but yes, Ross Forbes made a very valuable contribution although statistics do not tell the whole picture - who ever gets to hear about Mango's 79% aerial defensive wins for example ? 

And actually, mention of Forbes only serves to underline my earlier point about the midfield, we've already all seen the result of three one-paced players in there and it's not pretty.

It was 73% of his headers he won.

Agreed about the mobility but with Forbes delivery and set piece ability he has something in his locker that neither Hutton or Carswell are capable of on a regular basis.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Let me be a bit controversial here...in my opinion last season was largely rescued by the input of Messrs Craig Barr, Dom Thomas and David Ferguson, none of whom remain at the club.  Retaining too many of the squad who had flatlined for a large part of last term should be avoided, again in my opinion, or alternatives at least explored.  If Carswell and Hutton both feature in next season's midfield that would be an act of folly.  

Barr and Thomas undoubtedly but Ferguson was bang average and would be replaced fairly easily

Barr and Thomas undoubtedly but Ferguson was bang average and would be replaced fairly easily
Really?

Ferguson barely put a foot wrong the entire time he was here. Even when the team played badly he generally put in a shift. I think you'd struggle to find a player at our level who is as consistent as him on a weekly basis.

He doesn't stand out as much as a Barr or a Thomas but he was absolutely vital in our revival post January IMO. A steady player like him isn't all that easily replaceable, even Dom Thomas was prone to the odd stinker.

36 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Season Tickets now able to be bought through 10x monthly £25 payments. Fantastic offer for the skint fans such as myself - was going to have to wait til August but sending an email now.

That is class from the club.  Well played.

Yip, great stuff.  Struggling to see why anyone wouldn't buy a season ticket now tbh (extreme poverty aside).  I don't have official figures, but when we had Hearts, Rangers and Hibs in the league we had over 600 season tickets (more than double what we have this year, possibly even treble). That was a clear increase for the Rangers games obviously, but if we need to try and build that season ticket base again and this is a perfect way to do it.

On our chances on the pitch - I'd like to hear what Duffy has to say now. He was very sure about needing a budget that will allow him to "challenge". He has now accepted the budget given by the club, so unless he's had a massive change of heart over the last 3 days I'm fully expecting a squad that will challenge this year. Having said that, I'm not expecting to be blown away by any of our signings this summer, I fully expect a team of players Duffy knows well that will work hard, if he can build that and add some quality on loan I'll be pleased.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yip, great stuff.  Struggling to see why anyone wouldn't buy a season ticket now tbh (extreme poverty aside).  I don't have official figures, but when we had Hearts, Rangers and Hibs in the league we had over 600 season tickets (more than double what we have this year, possibly even treble). That was a clear increase for the Rangers games obviously, but if we need to try and build that season ticket base again and this is a perfect way to do it.

On our chances on the pitch - I'd like to hear what Duffy has to say now. He was very sure about needing a budget that will allow him to "challenge". He has now accepted the budget given by the club, so unless he's had a massive change of heart over the last 3 days I'm fully expecting a squad that will challenge this year. Having said that, I'm not expecting to be blown away by any of our signings this summer, I fully expect a team of players Duffy knows well that will work hard, if he can build that and add some quality on loan I'll be pleased.

Agreed on both points.

I will be taking the clubs offer of monthly installments up and I think there will be a lot of folk like me changing their minds now.

Fully expecting a few ex Morton players to come in.

52 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Season Tickets now able to be bought through 10x monthly £25 payments. Fantastic offer for the skint fans such as myself - was going to have to wait til August but sending an email now.

The board have, unfairly, taken an absolute pounding recently. Some of the responses on the Lennox's Facebook page to the article saying news is coming this week for example were absolutely mental.

In the space of two days though they've managed to convince a universally popular manager to stay, and then put a system in place that should help to make season tickets available to almost everyone. All that whilst battling against owners who appear determined to be as difficult to deal with as humanly possible.

Huge credit is due to everyone involved. 

7 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Some of the responses on the Lennox's Facebook page to the article saying news is coming this week for example were absolutely mental.

I'm thankfully banned from the Lennox page but after you mentioned this I went for a wee look, the f**k is that boy talking about? Some of our fans seem a bit like the robots in Westworld, they seem like real people and when you talk to them they talk back but it's like they're stuck in a loop which consists of hating the club with all their passion and putting all of their energy into painting whatever board is in charge as incompetent clowns, despite info to the contrary being readily shown to them.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I'm thankfully banned from the Lennox page but after you mentioned this I went for a wee look, the f**k is that boy talking about? Some of our fans seem a bit like the robots in Westworld, they seem like real people and when you talk to them they talk back but it's like they're stuck in a loop which consists of hating the club with all their passion and putting all of their energy into painting whatever board is in charge as incompetent clowns, despite info to the contrary being readily shown to them.

It's absolutely bizarre. I just cannot get my head around it at all. Not everyone involved in DFC is evil and deliberately trying to strangle the club - in fact the people most often targeted with this sort of abuse are usually the ones fighting tirelessly to prevent the club going to the wall.

I had forgotten you were banned :lol:

I hold my hands up and admit i was over critical of the board over the past week.

I just felt felt the lack of noise from the club was them trying to shut us out. I understand this wasn’t the case.

I’ve just seen the new plan in place for the season tickets which I think is absolutely brilliant.

I wasn’t going to be able to renew my ticket because I’m getting married in September but I’ll now be able to renew mine.

I suppose it means the club knows it will be getting a steady stream of some kind of income at least every month.