Sons' sorrow

New on here but wanted to share some names I've heard from someone that's been around training the last few weeks. Joe McKee, Ciaran Summers, Paddy Boyle, Jordan McMillan, Hashim Bakar, Ryan Finnie, Yaw Osei, Mati Zata as well as a few younger guys coming in from the juniors. Can't say for sure that all these names are true but wanted to pass on what I'd been told.

2 minutes ago, the beard of froxy said:

New on here but wanted to share some names I've heard from someone that's been around training the last few weeks. Joe McKee, Ciaran Summers, Paddy Boyle, Jordan McMillan, Hashim Bakar, Ryan Finnie, Yaw Osei, Mati Zata as well as a few younger guys coming in from the juniors. Can't say for sure that all these names are true but wanted to pass on what I'd been told.

Welcome

Have a greenie purely for the beard

10 minutes ago, the beard of froxy said:

Great let's bring in a druggie to go along with our sex pest. Gonna be some fucking Christmas party!!

20 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Who's the druggie? 

Jan Vojáček will be more than pleased with exotic names

Jordan McMillan. Got a 2 year ban for failing a drug test at Patrick Thistle (seemingly for coke).

Weirdly the pic on his Wiki page is of him at the Rock?!

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

Some of them I’d be pretty happy with if there’s substance to it.

Given the change we saw in Calum Gallagher, Bobby Barr, Kyle Hutton, Ross Perry and countless others when Duffy spent a few months with them I'm allowing myself to dream that he might be able to help Loy get into some sort of form if/when he gets himself fit.

On a personal level I'd love nothing more than seeing him bang in a decent number this season after the horrible few years he's had. We got occasional glimpses of the player he could be under Aitken - there's no reason why he can't kick things up a gear under Duffy.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Given the change we saw in Calum Gallagher, Bobby Barr, Kyle Hutton, Ross Perry and countless others when Duffy spent a few months with them I'm allowing myself to dream that he might be able to help Loy get into some sort of form if/when he gets himself fit.

On a personal level I'd love nothing more than seeing him bang in a decent number this season after the horrible few years he's had. We got occasional glimpses of the player he could be under Aitken - there's no reason why he can't kick things up a gear under Duffy.

Personally i dont think its a lack of will but simply a physical issue.Clearly there is a top player in there somewhere.IF and its a big IF , he recovers physically then he could be a great asset to whatever aim we have this coming season

I think we'd all love Loy to come back fully fit and offer something, but I can't help but think it's the result of desperate thinking of desperate men.

We need to add before the League Cup group stage:
Right back, Left back, 1 centre half, versatile player who can cover at the back
2 wingers, a centre midfielder (preferably one who likes to go forward)
2 strikers (Loy and Layne both not fit, only leaves Tierney)

That would give us a squad of 19 to run with. I would hope that's the minimum we'll sign with 1 or 2 loans added to the pool. That's a lot of work to fit into 2 weeks...

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I think we'd all love Loy to come back fully fit and offer something, but I can't help but think it's the result of desperate thinking of desperate men.

We need to add before the League Cup group stage:
Right back, Left back, 1 centre half, versatile player who can cover at the back
2 wingers, a centre midfielder (preferably one who likes to go forward)
2 strikers (Loy and Layne both not fit, only leaves Tierney)

That would give us a squad of 19 to run with. I would hope that's the minimum we'll sign with 1 or 2 loans added to the pool. That's a lot of work to fit into 2 weeks...

That wont happen...too much and too risky to cram into 2 weeks.There could be some great loan signings available in August which may be worth waiting for(DT  signed end of August i believe).But aye we need a basic squad to cover the LC fixtures.Expecting to get a tanking in those LC  fixtures as we simply arent prepared. Im more concerned we get the right players in for the league campaign.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

That wont happen...too much and too risky to cram into 2 weeks.There could be some great loan signings available in August which may be worth waiting for(DT  signed end of August i believe).But aye we need a basic squad to cover the LC fixtures.Expecting to get a tanking in those LC  fixtures as we simply arent prepared. Im more concerned we get the right players in for the league campaign.

We can't play any trialists in the League Cup so we'll need to sign enough bodies to field a team, with Loy and Layne injured we're currently at 8 bodies and two of them are keepers.  We simply NEED to do that much work in 2 weeks or Duffy and Hagi will be getting the boots on themselves.