Sons' sorrow

9 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

These are probably the best of the Facebook photos...

65318289_10219115935038020_5348626097737

Lewis Crawford (brother of DFC's very own Jack), Conor Brennan and two guys I don't recognise...

65311092_10219115934478006_5639749482254

Joe McKee in the compression socks, I think that's Tierney behind him in the grey boots, but not 100%. Sure I know the small guy behind McCluskey in the white Mercurials - but can't for the life of me think why, then Jordan McMillan behind Pettigrew.

Anyone who can name the other guys will earn themselves a greenie.

The small guy in the Mercurials in former Stenhousemuir and Queen's Park left-back Ciaran Summers. Would be quite happy with him.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
9 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

McKee and McMillan would be solid additions to our currently uninspiring squad.

McMillan hasn't played regular league football for 5 years. Not for me.

He's also shit part of the worst Clyde team in living memory almost got us relegated along with Ryan Finnie. 

51 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The small guy in the Mercurials in former Stenhousemuir and Queen's Park left-back Ciaran Summers. Would be quite happy with him.

He’s an alright full back. Decent enough going forward but quite suspect defensively. Too many goals went down his side due to not being able to stop a cross. If he’s away to Dumbarton, i won’t be too fussed 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
1 hour ago, Thommo90 said:
Genuine question, is Garry Fleming finished?

The thought crossed my mind too tbh but I'd say aye. I'm not even sure he's been kept on at Kilwinning Rangers.

Not able to keep a place in a Junior team, sounds ideal!

He's also shit part of the worst Clyde team in living memory almost got us relegated along with Ryan Finnie. 
Was just about to say the same both were garbage for Clyde.

Really liked McCluskey when he was with Clyde. Duffy obviously a big fan of him too.

On the face of it seems to be a number of similarities with Dumbarton situation compared to when Duffy was in charge at Clyde. We had miniscule budget back then and signings were made up of exit trials, juniors and lower league jobbers. Duffy did find the odd gem but by and large we had a squad that struggled in league 2. Duffy did get the best out of them but we still finished bottom or second bottom for 3 seasons in a row.

Was just about to say the same both were garbage for Clyde.

Really liked McCluskey when he was with Clyde. Duffy obviously a big fan of him too.

On the face of it seems to be a number of similarities with Dumbarton situation compared to when Duffy was in charge at Clyde. We had miniscule budget back then and signings were made up of exit trials, juniors and lower league jobbers. Duffy did find the odd gem but by and large we had a squad that struggled in league 2. Duffy did get the best out of them but we still finished bottom or second bottom for 3 seasons in a row.
We don't have a miniscule budget FWIW.

Finnie was absolutely diabolical for Clyde, summed up when with us losing a crucial bottom of the table clash at Cowdenbeath, he chose to hit a 35 yard shot miles over the bar with everyone in the box waiting for a cross. Genuinely looked like he couldn't care less whether we won a game or not.

McMillan's lay-off for his drug conviction obviously cost him, he didn't ever look sharp and kept getting injuries. He had a hot streak, regularly lambasting team-mates and responding to a 4-1 humping at Elgin by getting himself sent off for a dreadful tackle. We played him in centre midfield, right back, centre back, sweeper. All that said, he obviously had talent; I'm sure he was in a Championship team of the year at one point, and despite hobbling throughout he put in a tremendous performance in the final day match at Montrose, and in a cup tie at Ayr. There might be something there if he's been playing a bit more regularly.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I am surprised that you are keen on him. He was our weak link last season. Suspect marking caused several goals against us being unable to track back and prevent crosses. Going forward was more positive but he lacked pace for a wing back. I would be very surprised if we cannot find a more suitable substitute.

1 minute ago, williebraveheart said:

I am surprised that you are keen on him. He was our weak link last season. Suspect marking caused several goals against us being unable to track back and prevent crosses. Going forward was more positive but he lacked pace for a wing back. I would be very surprised if we cannot find a more suitable substitute.

Look at our current squad and it'll be pretty clear why I'm keen on him.