Sons' sorrow

13 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

It’s an age thing emoji106.png

The other thing is that the whole club, strips, programmes, stadium has moved to yellow.

Taking another club that retains an instantly recognisable strip despite changing manufacturers, Airdrie, they haven’t deviated from their club colours in their strips or stadium.

As I said, it’s an age thing, gold lettering on the stand at Boghead for example.

When I win the lottery and buy those scumbags out, I’ll have the decorators in at the stadium and Umbro will be producing our strips again ! emoji106.png

All the best.

Surely it comes down to money in simple terms? Yellow must be much easier to source and cheaper to buy than a custom or less common gold colour. In that I include everything from the strips to the seats in the stand.

I may be wrong, but it is also understandable if it is the case.

Edited by squeezeboxson

3 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

McGeever would be back for me. I'd also like to see Crossan in for Church.

We also need to do something about Forbes in the middle of the park. I'd like to see us go with Hamilton, Carswell and Wedderburn.

Wowser !  So I'm no longer the only pantomime villain on here. 

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Wowser !  So I'm no longer the only pantomime villain on here. 

I’m also not against seeing Forbes drop out of the side. Bar his free kick on Saturday he has contributed very little and in general his set pieces have been mostly poor. 

I’d like to see us try a midfield 3 of Carswell, Wedderburn and Hamilton with Crossan and Frizzell operating out wide. I think Hamilton has all the attributes to operate as a box to box type, Wedderburn is yer deep lying playmaker type and Carswell is there to win the ball back and play the simple pass. With the three in the middle, who are all fairly solid, it should also give the wide men a bit more freedom to drift inside if need be.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I thought that but if that were the case, why haven't we moved our boxing day game, or any other home game through winter?

They won't have moved the Boxing Day game because Fife is a bit further away and the players will need a long lie after Christmas day

18 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
3 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:
I've said the same since we brought him back from Forfar. I wouldn't have signed him again.

Well that makes us the Ugly Sisters !

FWIW, having seen his performances for Forfar against us in the first half of last season I was gutted we had re-signed him. If I am honest, I still don't think he has shown in 1 full match what he is there to do or is capable of doing. Yes, he can produce a delivery like he done on Saturday - but 1 of those every 10 (or more) matches simply is not good enough.

FWIW, having seen his performances for Forfar against us in the first half of last season I was gutted we had re-signed him. If I am honest, I still don't think he has shown in 1 full match what he is there to do or is capable of doing. Yes, he can produce a delivery like he done on Saturday - but 1 of those every 10 (or more) matches simply is not good enough.
Hey presto, we now have the Three Wise Men.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I spoke to big Kev after the game on Saturday, and we mentioned Schmeichel, Boruc and him controlling a cross on his chest before picking it up. It's probably worth a read if you haven't picked up this week's paper yet.

As an aside he's a lovely guy, very softly spoken and is loving life with us. You can tell he's someone who would be playing football at the park on a Saturday morning with his pals if he wasn't good enough to play professionally. 

I spoke to big Kev after the game on Saturday, and we mentioned Schmeichel, Boruc and him controlling a cross on his chest before picking it up. It's probably worth a read if you haven't picked up this week's paper yet.
As an aside he's a lovely guy, very softly spoken and is loving life with us. You can tell he's someone who would be playing football at the park on a Saturday morning with his pals if he wasn't good enough to play professionally. 

Good read.

I don’t suppose you know if the goal cam picked up the moment when an attacker slid in on him and Carswell burst out laughing did it?

50 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I enjoy your pieces,  but despise having to click the Daily Record site to see them. 

Not your doing I know, just wanted to say.

Just now, son hawk said:

Good read.

I don’t suppose you know if the goal cam picked up the moment when an attacker slid in on him and Carswell burst out laughing did it?

It should've done. I'll task Jan Jr to take a look for you when he gets a minute.

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

I enjoy your pieces,  but despise having to click the Daily Record site to see them. 

Not your doing I know, just wanted to say.

If you have the Facebook app then clicking on the story via that seems to make it a bit more readable. E.g there aren't 450,000 adverts and pop-ups in the way.

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Oh, it's perfectly readable thanks to Samsung AdBlock, it's just that it's the Daily Record. 

Ah right 😅

I do wish we had a standalone website to be fair. It's not like the Record have to put their stories on the Mirror's website and it causes me no end of issues when people ask what page their story was on in the Record.

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I’d forgotten about that - that was pure filth!