Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, optimistic said:

Will today be the day of departures?

If it isn’t then I think we can only assume old Duffer has been offered terms. It wouldn’t make any sense whatsoever to drag this on any longer if he is indeed leaving. Our board do have history for shit dragging on mind you so it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

23 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If it isn’t then I think we can only assume old Duffer has been offered terms. It wouldn’t make any sense whatsoever to drag this on any longer if he is indeed leaving. Our board do have history for shit dragging on mind you so it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

Dithering is not an option this summer.LC fixtures out Friday.We need to squad build this week....and the managerial situation in the next day or so.If we dither we can be playing catch-up in what will be a very competitive L1 next season.

Really we should've announced either way what was happening on Friday, but I accept everyone probably wanted a weekend to get over that hellish season. Now though, there isn't the excuse of the board having to deal with Brabco's shite whilst also trying to run a football club, we have new owners who are active board members now and as such prior to Thursday night we should've had Plan A (for attacking League 1) and Plan B (attacking League 2) ready to implement. On that point, I'm fully expecting either an interview or statement from our owners, they are yet to introduce themselves to the support and the sooner they do that the better. Quick enough to set up housing companies and get loans on the land but that's kept them too busy to say hello? 

If Duffy is staying then get it announced, let him keep the players he wants to and get on with the squad build. He'll be doing so without my season ticket money in that case but at least we'd know what was going on. 

I'm really nervous about these new owners.You wonder if they might go totally left-field on the club and appoint some obscure Norweigan  manager with a lot of Scandinavian unknowns coming into a new environment that is quite different from what they are used to.

Either way we need some update urgently.

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

I'm really nervous about these new owners.You wonder if they might go totally left-field on the club and appoint some obscure Norweigan  manager with a lot of Scandinavian unknowns coming into a new environment that is quite different from what they are used to.

Either way we need some update urgently.

Don't know how work permits etc work with us now being out the EU or if Norway not being in the EU aides this process.

Sooner everything's settled the better. We're already being left behind slightly in terms of other clubs signing players. 

The correct decision for everyone involved and fair play to the board for taking swift action. Credit where it’s due for that.

I hope the last paragraph in the statement is just your typical thing inviting applications, I’d hope we have a few targets in mind rather than just depending on appointing someone who applies.

Right decision. Unfortunately we're up against it in terms of bringing in a new manager. There are 4 or 5 players I'd probably keep from the current squad but will we offer them contracts before a new manager is appointed? I'd imagine any new manager would be happy to work with the likes of Neill and Wardrop. Carswell and Wedderburn too. I'd maybe go for Quitongo purely down to the difficulty in recruiting left backs. Wilson is worth another shot in a team that plays more attacking football. It would be good to get a core of 4 or 5 players signed to give the new guy something to work with whenever we appoint them.

I've never been a fan of Duffy's football. To a degree he was bailed out by Dom Thomas in his first season and by the likes of Joe McKee in his first full season. This year we had a set of unfortunate circumstances that I hope are never repeated, but I think we should have done better than we did. I don't wish him any ill will but I'm glad Duffy is gone. Getting the right manager in will be a challenge but we can't be afraid of trying. Next year may well be another struggle given the resources of some of the sides who will be in the division but so long as we try and play better football and at least have a go then it'll go a long way to making me happier.