Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Thommo90 said:

Just noticed there's current players in that sons of the rock Facebook page, one of them just liked a comment I've made.

Feel a bit awkward they can see what we are saying, especially all the nonsense the headbangers come out with 😂

Yup. Flannery often gets involved and comes across pretty poorly, which is devastating given he’s my hero...

I'm happy we've moved quickly to get Faz, who I assume was the outstanding candidate. 

I'm hoping Faz moves quickly to get the rest of the back 4 signed up and I'd hope he has a chat to guys like Wilson, Duthie, Wallace and Frizzell - who at worst will be useful squad players for us.

10 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Yup. Flannery often gets involved and comes across pretty poorly, which is devastating given he’s my hero...

I'm not familiar with his Facebook content but I do recall Paddy being loaded with chat and playing the permanent wind-up merchant when he was at the club, so I'm not terribly surprised to hear he's upsetting folk on social media.

Like everyone else I'm hoping that Farrell brings an energy to the role that was lacking throughout the previous adminstration. He's already familiar with the club so can hopefully hit the ground running. Meantime I continue to be very interested in learning what support (£) will be provided by the new owner(s).

I’ve always backed not getting rid of full squad as a complete re build would be difficult.

however if deals offered to the rest I’d be worried about how many we are keeping on.

so e of them should be biting fazes hand off

7 minutes ago, super-son said:

Are we to assume the rest have been offered deals?

I think that would leave;

Jaime Wilson
Sam Wardrop
Conner Duthie
Adam Frizzell
Stuart Carswell
Morgyn Neill
Sam Ramsbottom
Rico Quitongo

I would assume so. Although I think we might be fighting a losing battle with a couple of them halfway out the door already…

I've got to say, hearing quotes like this is so refreshing.

“We probably won’t have our full squad of 18 or 20 in place, but I’d certainly suggest that over the next two weeks you’re going to see the largest majority in place."

He sounds like he has a plan and is very eager to get cracking. Complete opposite of how Duffy was going about pre season.

If he can get a decent balanced squad put together that can finish in the top half of the league I'd be happy with that and then push on the next season.

Neill and Quitongo also away. Their decision.
I'm not overly bothered about either of them.

We could certainly be doing with a defender who is comfortable with the ball at his feet to complement McGeever.

Quitongo was decent in the tackle but he gave the ball away far too often for me.

1 minute ago, super-son said:

I've got to say, hearing quotes like this is so refreshing.

“We probably won’t have our full squad of 18 or 20 in place, but I’d certainly suggest that over the next two weeks you’re going to see the largest majority in place."

He sounds like he has a plan and is very eager to get cracking. Complete opposite of how Duffy was going about pre season.

If he can get a decent balanced squad put together that can finish in the top half of the league I'd be happy with that and then push on the next season.

Totally agree with this. Consolidate then have a crack at it next season. 

Neil away is a bit of a gutter as our CB pairing were one of the positives. Quitongo, I think there might be a player in there somewhere. He needs a sprinting coach. He could be exceptionally fast if he sorted his stride out. 

Looking very much like a fresh start and complete rebuild. Faz will know what he needs now and if he hopes to have most of it signed up in 2 weeks time then it'll be a job well done. Good luck to those who left, they all did their best in a Sons shirt and that's all we ask for. Interested to see where Neill and Rico end up.

It’s disappointing that Neill and Quitongo are moving on, more so Neill, but it happens.

Rico I’m not too disappointed about, he was decent but no more, I’m happy for Faz to try and recruit a better left back.

Neill is a disappointing one, he and McGeever formed a solid partnership and it’d have been good to keep that going but hey ho, if he’s moving up a level or full time or more money then that’s fair enough

interesting and exciting to see what business Faz can get done in the next two weeks