Sons' sorrow

I'm assuming you mean this season?

No. Although I'll concede he had a positive impact on our promotion campaign.

I'm not a fan of any player unwilling to track back and tackle though, especially wide players as it often leads to your full backs being left exposed. as often happened when Lamont played.

A player I was never overly convinced with.

I'm not a fan of any player unwilling to track back and tackle though, especially wide players as it often leads to your full backs being left exposed. as often happened when Lamont played.

I have to agree, Lamont would blow away on a really windy day. He also appeals for a foul in every single battle for possession he's involved in which is quite irritating as he could just get on with it and win the ball back. He can put a great ball into the box, but just didn't cut it for me.

Shame to see Creaney go, he's one of those players who gives 110% every game but just doesn't have the ability (Ian Chisholm anyone? )

I see Coult has been released by Cowden, I'd take him if Jimmy Lister leaves, he has always impressed me when I've seen him play.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on him too. Looking at how much he was involved this season gives an indication of how much he'll be missed.

Far from a good enough option for us at this level.

*Reece Pearson

*Ryan Metcalfe

*James Creaney

*Mark Lamont

Released according to the os

Sent from my Gramophone using steam........iLOVE HOW YOU LUV sons...... :shutup ...I went to Hermitage....but prob not the same as yours (thank :huh: )...........Morton....now get sensible.

Will be interesting to see who's kept on and who's let go.

Personally I'd like us to Keep: Lister :wub: , Prunty, Gilhaney, Agnew, MacDougall, Turner , Graham, Lithgow, Grindlay, Ewings*, Fleming - I'm sure I've forgot someone here, and I can't for the life of me think who...

Of those I'd like to keep Lister, Turner & Fleming are probably the most likely to end up offered something elsewhere :(

Aside from that I'm not overly fussed. I'd consider keeping Lamont, provided he bulks up a bit and learns to tackle <_<

There's no doubt where we need to strengthen, Our defence has been a problem all season, and we need to sign at least 3 Full-Backs. I'd take McGinn back in a heartbeat, that boys fantastic and destined for bigger things. Smith I'd take as well if he doesn't get a FT club. We need another CB as well, preferably one with a bit of pace.

I'd consider another keeper if we can get another one in who's better than what we have (but thats doubtful) and in that instance I wouldn't keep *Ewings.

We'll need another CM as we're a bit short in there although both this and CB depend on where Murray decides he should play. And likely another Winger and a Striker. 2 strikers if Lister goes :thumbsdown , some of our fans are chanting for John Gemmill but I'm not convinced about him. Saying that I wasn't conviced about Lister when he signed either so whoever is signed is due a chance.

Tonight should be quite interesting, anyone know if the twitter is doing updates?

Gemmell was utter pish when he was at us before so why would we want him back, just so Shakey can renew his love affair with him :)

Pee off beast

Brilliant that Gils has signed.

Different player under Murray. Up till Christmas I don't think he'd managed to go past his man once. Since the change he's been brilliant. A real threat going forward and working hard to track back. A good start to the rebuilding for next year.

Not unhappy about any of the players released. Good luck to both Creaney and Lamont, I'm sure they'll find clubs in the 2nd Division. Metcalfe is a weird one. He seemed to score a lot of goals for the reserves but never got a look in for the first team, who knows where he'll end up.

Delighted Gils has signed on again. I'm sure someone said on here he's now played over 100 games for the Sons and he's been a cracking wee player for us. Now, just for Fleming, Turner, Chase, Agnew and Lister to put pen to paper...

Not unhappy about any of the players released. Good luck to both Creaney and Lamont, I'm sure they'll find clubs in the 2nd Division. Metcalfe is a weird one. He seemed to score a lot of goals for the reserves but never got a look in for the first team, who knows where he'll end up.

Delighted Gils has signed on again. I'm sure someone said on here he's now played over 100 games for the Sons and he's been a cracking wee player for us. Now, just for Fleming, Turner, Chase, Agnew and Lister to put pen to paper...

Gils made his 100th league apperance on Saturday.

Lister and Prunty in today's Lennox Herald:

Lister - "I'm looking forward to next season. I'm happy I where am."

Prunty - "it's well known how much i enjoy playing for Dumbarton and I've already told the manager that i don't want to go anywhere else".

Lister and Prunty in today's Lennox Herald:

Lister - "I'm looking forward to next season. I'm happy I where am."

Prunty - "it's well known how much i enjoy playing for Dumbarton and I've already told the manager that i don't want to go anywhere else".

Sounds promising, let's hope its not too long before both of them are signed up.

6 more released.

Leaving the clubs are :

*Ross Forsyth (expected to sign for Stirling Albion)

*Phil Johnston (expected to sign for Stirling Albion)

*Marc McCusker (was on-loan at Clyde)

*Jamie Lyden (was on-loan at Clyde)

*Kevin Nicol (was on-loan at Clyde)

*Glenn Thomson (was on-loan at Albion Rovers)

Would take Nicoll in a heartbeat. McCusker really needs a positive pre season to get fit as he done nothing in his loan spell. Lyden would be a decent back up option as hes pretty versatile. Played centre half, right back and centre midfield for us and was fairly comfortable.

Sad to see Nicholl go but no shock. Don't think he kicked a ball for us last year due to that injury/being loaned out?

His utter butchery and dominance of Josh Falkingham in last years first leg play off remains a thing of beauty.