Sons' sorrow

Just now, The Moonster said:

Indeed. A really stupid thing for Durnan to do and as the most experienced guy in the squad I expect better.

I'll need to see it back, but the general consensus in the press box was that it was somewhere between an extremely soft penalty and a clear dive. Although he didn't have to get involved with the guy afterwards, not sure if that's why he got the second booking.

That need for cover at centre back just got urgent. I’m sure Carlo or Malcolm could cover there but I’m not sure I’d fancy Carlo in there and Malcolm has barely kicked a ball all pre season so flinging him straight in there would be a risk if he’s even fit enough to play in the first place.

At the minute the only real option I can see is Lynas at centre back and Carlo at right back, which I’d rather avoid like the plague tbh.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'll need to see it back, but the general consensus in the press box was that it was somewhere between an extremely soft penalty and a clear dive. Although he didn't have to get involved with the guy afterwards, not sure if that's why he got the second booking.

Just going by our twitter saying he was involved in a scuffle. It's a nothing game, get on with it and focus on the league. 

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Was it two yellows aye? Twitter just said it was a red card after a scuffle in the box so I assumed it was a violent conduct thing.

Sky app said second yellow. We'll find out in the fullness of time I suppose.

Screenshot_20230726_220144_Scores.jpg

That’s a much more positive LC campaign than I would’ve expected. Two competitive performances away from home to Premiership and Championship sides and a great win at home to a Championship side. Just a shame we didn’t see it to half-time after equalising tonight. Hopefully Durnan won’t miss the league game, after all.

Edited by FifeSons

27 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That need for cover at centre back just got urgent. I’m sure Carlo or Malcolm could cover there but I’m not sure I’d fancy Carlo in there and Malcolm has barely kicked a ball all pre season so flinging him straight in there would be a risk if he’s even fit enough to play in the first place.

At the minute the only real option I can see is Lynas at centre back and Carlo at right back, which I’d rather avoid like the plague tbh.

Pretty sure Jan said a couple of days ago that Malcolm still has 1 match in the league to serve for his sending off in the play offs for Albion Rovers, so that might not be an option.

I think we held our own against Dundee Inverness and Airdrie   

The boys gave a good account of themselves and played positively IMO. A decent addition to the pre season these league Cup games.  Were pressing teams and getting wide on the transition moving forward .

Happy so far and looking forward to the first league game 

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It was quite a soft penalty, but not a dive. Durnan had a complete heads gone out of nowhere. Started ragdolling Tiffoney who was still on the deck about a minute after the penalty was given. Just out of nowhere. As a Dundee fan, it was some laugh. I'd be absolutely furious if that was one of our players though, nevermind the captain.

11 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Lynas has filled in at CB lage on in games before to alright effect. Needs must I suppose. Didn't Carlo play CB in a pre season game?