Sons' sorrow

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Tony has been good for us this season, an unconventional wide player but pops up with goals at the back post and tucks away penalties, also never leaves us exposed at the back. No surprise that Farrell has tried to fix the only part of the team that didn't need fixing by bringing in some powder puff wingers and dropping our top scorer.

He's been decent but is he promotion-winning decent ?  It already looks to me that at best it will be more of the same, with most of those signed-up unlikely to get a gig with another league club and therefore happy to stay.

16 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

He's been decent but is he promotion-winning decent ?  It already looks to me that at best it will be more of the same, with most of those signed-up unlikely to get a gig with another league club and therefore happy to stay.

I don’t think there’s much planning going on with promotion in mind.

Wallace is a guy I’m happy to stick around. Knows where the goal is, never hides and is generally always available for selection. It doesn’t take away from the fact that our buffoon of a chairman is allowing a guy who should’ve been sacked two years ago to hand out contract extensions like sweeties. It just cements his place regardless of what happens in terms of league position.

Mackay oot.

55 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Won promotion literally less than one year ago.  So in theory, yes.

Local boy, no brainer for both parties.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Won it last summer. Is Edin Lynch "win the title at a canter" good? No, but he's about to do just that. I maintain that with a better manager we would be getting more out of this group of players. I have no hope of us jettisoning this manager, nor do I have any expectation that the board would do a good job replacing him even if they did pull the trigger. So I suppose I'm just hopeful that the players we sign are of League 2 standard and that they somehow drag us through this particularly shit period in the clubs history. 

I have got no problems with signing some players up for next season, unfortunately under Farrell I doubt the aim for promotion is even going to be there, Mckay seems happy enough for us to be where we currently are which is concerning to say the least. However with that said, i'd honestly prefer if we only signed a few from this squad for next year, its like farrell himself has accepted how shite we actually are and is happy to re-sign utter pish such as Ryan blair & David wilson. Concerned to see who else signs on as well.

Edited by DFCTTFM

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

image.png.e77fcbf4aa6cb96390975d8a45479458.png

Still sticking with this line, I see. Forfar were well worth their point, and even a win for them wouldn't have been unfair. I didn't see the Spartans game, but it sounded like we were very poor.

It needs called out.  Spartans strangely played the league table rather than the team before them and came for a draw.  As you say Forfar were worth their point, and for all our possession we never laid a glove on Stenny.  To say we deserved more is just false IMO.

1 hour ago, Frank Quitely said:

It needs called out.  Spartans strangely played the league table rather than the team before them and came for a draw.  As you say Forfar were worth their point, and for all our possession we never laid a glove on Stenny.  To say we deserved more is just false IMO.

Farrell, MacKay, A.Hosie. They all just take the fans for absolute James Blunts.

Edited by FifeSons

49 minutes ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Sean murdoch the referee Tommorow I’m sure he’s the ex Dunfermline keeper . Re Tommorow 3 points is a must but for a team short on attackers and haven’t won at home in 3 months and against a decent side will be tough 

Yes he is. Just moved up to Cat 1 recently.

1 hour ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Sean murdoch the referee Tommorow I’m sure he’s the ex Dunfermline keeper . Re Tommorow 3 points is a must but for a team short on attackers and haven’t won at home in 3 months and against a decent side will be tough 

This is the problem. Every single team look like a much better side against us. Stranraer's league position would suggest they aren't actually that decent a side. But we all know they are the real favourites tomorrow, despite the difference in league positions.

3 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Agreed, it does need called out and "Faz" ought to be challenged on his nonsensical claims - by more than just us on here. 

We got exactly what we deserved in the Stenny, Forfar and Spartans matches. No more, no less.

Ally Love being a L1/L2 proven double figure striker was a Faz belter. 'Joint-second' a personal favourite, too.

Derek Adams posted a 'win/draw %' on LinkedIn recently. I thought it had real Faz vibes about it. Least Faz is a decent guy, though, unlike Adams, who's a w**k.

Edited by FifeSons

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Won it last summer. Is Edin Lynch "win the title at a canter" good? No, but he's about to do just that.

I think the 3 (or was it 4?) years of new money clubs romping the league before Stirling won it has skewed people's perceptions of what your average league winning squad looks like. 

It's usually a group of solid but unspectacular players with 2 or 3 difference makers. 

3 hours ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

I was pretty impressed with Murdoch when we played Spartans recently, and don't think he'll be jobbing about this level for long at all. At least you have a decent refereeing performance to look forward to tomorrow, if nothing else.