Sons' sorrow

Very happy with the Danny Rogers signing and the confirmation that he is our new first choice keeper. Most agree that this position needed improving and Murray has seen this and has taken action. I'm sure he will also have a plan to keep our goalkeeping budget at a reasonable level. I haven't seen the boy in action but trust the manager's judgement on this one.

agree.....not seen him yet, but he certainly seems to come highly regarded

I would like to see a young quality fast striker coming in to complete the squad

Sandy McLaughlan was the guy. He played for Killie and Sunderland. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_McLaughlan I think he only played the one game for Sons, a 3-2 home defeat by Bankies at the start of 1971-72

Doug Findlater was signed on a free from Partick Thistle but I don't think he ever featured for Sons. I remember the name Raymond Balloch but don't recall him playing.

Sandy, of course. It was the A that threw me. He was a bankies player I think and as you say played for us against them.

We could start a whole new thread for those two games

I just wanted to check that nostalgia was not playing tricks on me, and that these two games were just as incredible as I remembered them. I saw an article on Howlin' Wilf's Blog, written by Gare Clyde in the aftermath of both games, which was in his typical, colourful style, but if anything, other contemporaneous reports from the national press, almost make it look as if for once, he was being the master of measured understatement!

I hadn't realised either, that our pre match preparation would have been quite as professional as it seems to have been. According to the press this was also repeated for the Monday night replay. I also didn't know that both Eddie Ferguson and Joe Donnelly had weddings on the Saturday between the two games, which explains why neither featured in the 3-1 defeat at Alloa, and consequently their honeymoons couldn't have lasted more than about 36 hours!

Roy McCormack worked as a typsetter for the the publishers of the Evening Times, so he also features prominently in some of their post match coverage.

agree.....not seen him yet, but he certainly seems to come highly regarded

I would like to see a young quality fast striker coming in to complete the squad

Kane might be available soon, seeing as Mays being forced out the door and that should surely allow our manager to sign some strikers. Then again it could see us forced into making Kane become a starter, so maybe you won't see him soon.

Kane might be available soon, seeing as Mays being forced out the door and that should surely allow our manager to sign some strikers. Then again it could see us forced into making Kane become a starter, so maybe you won't see him soon.

Heard he's coming to Cowden

Kane came on the other night for Saints and looked very raw and bubbly but made a difference. His energy was something badly lacking in that St J team. I think he will see a bit of game time for them this season.

We are signing someone else from them I've been told.

Boys, I'm new here after browsing for the last couple of years. I'm an exiled fan living down South and my user name should give a clue as to my era. Having said that, I went to my 1st game circa 1970.

Welcome...Jumbo scored one of the finest goals I've ever seen by a Dumbarton player at Shawfield.

Boys, I'm new here after browsing for the last couple of years. I'm an exiled fan living down South and my user name should give a clue as to my era. Having said that, I went to my 1st game circa 1970.

Welcome Jumbo, the more Sons the merrier.

Good result today