Sons' sorrow

20 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Donald Morrison (remember him?!) was from Lewis I'm sure.

His name rang a bell and from the screenshot, you can see why he's not exactly a memorable player. But aye, you're correct about him also being from Lewis.

Screenshot_20240302_123857_Samsung Internet.jpg

5 minutes ago, microdave said:

His name rang a bell and from the screenshot, you can see why he's not exactly a memorable player. But aye, you're correct about him also being from Lewis.

Screenshot_20240302_123857_Samsung Internet.jpg

I only remember him because A) His dad was an MP, which was an unusual story and B) He looked a bit like me when I was younger :lol:

1 hour ago, microdave said:

I've just noticed that James Graham is from Lewis. Anyone know if we've had any other player from a Scottish Island?

Johnny MacKenzie, ex Partick Thistle & Scotland cap, I think.

Edited by lionel wickson
Spelling

I’d love to see how Farrell is with the players in the dressing room. I genuinely doubt voices will have even been raised. If he even gives an interview, it’ll all be totally glossed over as usual.

image.thumb.jpeg.7c446868b70d6888607c9c821544c411.jpeg

Edited by FifeSons

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There was a time when a 5-0 loss on the road would send this thread into a frothing mess, but right now no fan (rightly) gives a shit. How do we sort this club out?

Cheer louder, support the lads etc

But aye we're in a position where the manager, chairman and owner all need binned. So win the lottery would be my guess right now? 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There was a time when a 5-0 loss on the road would send this thread into a frothing mess, but right now no fan (rightly) gives a shit. How do we sort this club out?

Is it ridiculous to suggest we stage a protest? My only worry is that any sort of protest against the club and/or manager will be met with a statement, condemning a ‘minority of troublesome characters who don’t represent the real fans’ or some drivel.

Even if the board took heed of a protest, who in their right mind would want to get involved with the son’s circus… What a time to be a Dumbarton fan.

Something has to be done but how we go about that is the question. 

Good people within the club and volunteers that you would see through thick and thin are no longer attending or helping out. The club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. 

1 minute ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

Is it ridiculous to suggest we stage a protest? My only worry is that any sort of protest against the club and/or manager will be met with a statement, condemning a ‘minority of troublesome characters who don’t represent the real fans’ or some drivel.

Even if the board took heed of a protest, who in their right mind would want to get involved with the son’s circus… What a time to be a Dumbarton fan.

One problem I see is that our fanbase isn't particularly united or organised to make something like a protest hit home. You'd probably end up with 20 people in a protest and the rest still paying their money.

I actually do think we have the people to run the club. A lot of good people have walked away because of Andy Hosies various ownership guises, if he goes, MacKay can go and perhaps some of these people might be interested in running a club without barriers as to what they can do. To do that we need control of the club, which I admit is a bit of a sticky point.

The only thing that appears to evoke any sort of response from the club board is negative press publicity that happens to shine a light on the ownership circus, Andy Hosie and his merry band of puppets. Negative football appears to pass by freely.

Andy Hosie doesn’t have a pot to piss in, he relies on external investors; the type of people who wouldn’t want negative publicity. 

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

One problem I see is that our fanbase isn't particularly united or organised to make something like a protest hit home.

How about at the next home game a continuing chorus of "sack the board, sack the board, sack the board" to the tune of Sousa's The Stars and Stripes Forever.

Maybe "sack the owner" would be better but it doesn't fit the rhythm.

If Hosie was offered the right amount of cash he'd probably take it, there doesn't appear to be any Sons-supporting millionaires around though.

Really fear for us if we are still in this League next season.

24 minutes ago, rockson said:

How about at the next home game a continuing chorus of "sack the board, sack the board, sack the board" to the tune of Sousa's The Stars and Stripes Forever.

Maybe "sack the owner" would be better but it doesn't fit the rhythm.

Be as well singing this for all the good it would do.

Tonight will have absolutely no consequences for Farrell. We're still the most likely team to finish 4th. We'll almost certainly fail in the play-offs. We'll sign more than a few of this team for next season. It doesn't have to be this way, but nothing will change under this board of directors and these owners. The ownership issue is a massive problem and will always be so. The uncertainty around their bat shit mental plans for developing the land round the ground will either act as an ever present threat or will cause significant damage to a future  at our current ground.

But lets not use that as a reason to let the board off the hook.

We're a terribly run football club. The chairman won't engage with fans. Won't put himself out there to face difficult questions and provide worth while answers. We've got a manager who has shown nothing but disappointing failure in the high pressure games - relegation, a failed play-off against Annan and now another disappointing season. There's absolutely no pressure on him. 

Long term we need new ownership. That doesnt mean that short term we wouldn't be in a far better position as a football club if we had a board of directors who were willing and able to lead this club and to make far better decisions that were within their control to make.

Was down at Stranraer last night and f**k me man what an absolute shit show. What an absolute ludicrous decision from Farrell when we where 4 down at half time to bring on a clearly still toiling Kalvin Orsi who then had to go back off and reduce us to 10 men after the 5th went in. Orsi been one of the better players this season who will be a key asset in the run of the play offs why risk losing him for any longer when the game was already game set and match to Stranraer? Team was rolled over so easily by a very very poor Blues side, absolutely reaks of Albion Rovers at home last season. Going to be almighty tough game of football on Saturday against a team on the up under a shrewd manager where a defeat leaves us not looking great for the race for top 4 in our current form. Farrell must go BUT being realistic we're stuck with him until the end of the season at least. We have a great squad this season majorly under performing under a shocking manager. I'll be getting behind the team from now till the end the season. The manager on the other hand, no chance. Fraud, Failure, Serial Loser. 

54 minutes ago, CastleRoadRambler1 said:

Was down at Stranraer last night and f**k me man what an absolute shit show. 

I saulte you, sir and completely agree with you're entire post.