Sons' sorrow

15 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

As others have mentioned we announced our new woman’s team.

They will be playing their home games at east end park this season and hopefully from the stadium next year. More info to come.

I assume that means we plan to lay an artificial surface? I’m not sure we actually got any update on that after we were told we were getting one in time for this season…

We also feel that we need to focus on developing our Castle Road home and the addition of an artificial surface for season 24/25 to ensure our ability to fulfill scheduled fixtures and to provide a valuable resource for the community, encouraging involvement in sport, promoting inclusivity and delivering a tangible health gain for the locality.

1 hour ago, Sons Fan said:

As others have mentioned we announced our new woman’s team.

They will be playing their home games at east end park this season and hopefully from the stadium next year. More info to come.

Astro pitch next season then to cope with more games getting played on it ? 

21 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

Astro pitch next season then to cope with more games getting played on it ? 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I assume that means we plan to lay an artificial surface? I’m not sure we actually got any update on that after we were told we were getting one in time for this season…

Yeh the plan is to move to artificial. All going well it will be next summer. There is a couple of things that got held up that stopped it this year. While it would be great to stay on grass, if we want to make the club and ground a real central point of the community then it’s a no brainer really IMO

Was there not talk on here a couple of seasons or so back about moving to a new stadium, I take it that's no longer on the agenda if your laying an artificial surface. I may of course have imagined the talk of you relocating.

38 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Looking at some of the pictures of training, surely there's some sort of birth certificate error with Grivas? Some unit for a 17 year old. 

img_1_1720164345679.jpg

Think that was what Strachan was on about years back.Scots being too small and weedy compared to other nations.True he didnt use those words.

Edited by lorenzo71

14 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Was there not talk on here a couple of seasons or so back about moving to a new stadium, I take it that's no longer on the agenda if your laying an artificial surface. I may of course have imagined the talk of you relocating.

Stadium got refused planning permission and I don't think there is much hope of that being resurrected. The owners appear to have realised they were pissing into a massive headwind there. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Stadium got refused planning permission and I don't think there is much hope of that being resurrected. The owners appear to have realised they were pissing into a massive headwind there. 

Yeh from what I’ve read they are looking to build homes on the car park which area a don’t know that looks like a logical nightmare was kinda hoping along with the Astro they would build a terrace/stand across from the main stand 

Just now, kenrobell said:

Yeh from what I’ve read they are looking to build homes on the car park which area a don’t know that looks like a logical nightmare was kinda hoping along with the Astro they would build a terrace/stand across from the main stand 

I also don't think they've got a hope in hell of building flats in the car park. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I also don't think they've got a hope in hell of building flats in the car park. 

They had plans accepted back in 18 they have revised the plans in 2023 to 9 houses and 40 flats …. Just don’t see how they can fit that in that area says north east so the area across from main stand entrance facing the rock 

14 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

They had plans accepted back in 18 they have revised the plans in 2023 to 9 houses and 40 flats …. Just don’t see how they can fit that in that area says north east so the area across from main stand entrance facing the rock 

Fairly sure the permission given was conditional with land samples and various other things to be carried out. I just don't see our (potless) owners paying for that. Mainly because they haven't even paid for the club. 

36 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Anyone down at Hebburn able to report on McGuffie's injury? Just a wee knock I'm hoping, he's looked quite sharp in the last two games.

Saying he pulled up so I'm hoping he's just felt something and we're taking no chances. I think he'll be a really good option for us this year.