Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

You know, the more I watch the so-called elite level of football the more glad I am that I watch and support Dumbarton.  OK, the individual and collective skills, fitness and organisation may be much lower but the overall experience remains very true to the origins of the game.  There is a passion and honesty and randomness that has simply vanished from higher up the chain, and we are also largely free from the incessant demands of commerce and broadcasters to trick up the 'experience' for the domestic and global 'customer'.  Last night's latest VAR farrago was another reminder of when it's not broken then don't fix it.

I blame it all on Pep Guardiola, but that's maybe for another thread. Being at a live game without VAR (see Ainslie Park, Michael Ruth's second) is unbeatable.

I've never been interested in international football. Leaves me cold. Maybe because I'm not nationalistic or maybe because Dumbarton players never get capped, but I've never felt a connection to the national side, or any real interest in any international games. Haven't even watched the euros. Saw a bit of two of the Scotland games and a few minutes of Spain V Germany and that was more than enough dull, pish football for me. I can't wait for the East Kilbride game at the weekend to get the real soccer back.

Never heard anything about those b*****din' owners you were all crying about when the arse was falling out your season.

Never heard a peep since promotion. Must be doing the job now.

Nothing to see here. Can be brought up again when the sun isn't shining so brightly on your league position.

16 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Never heard anything about those b*****din' owners you were all crying about when the arse was falling out your season.

Nothing to see here. Can be brought up again when the sun isn't shining so brightly on your league position.

What do you want to hear?

42 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Don't worry we all still strongly dislike uncle cognitive capital 

43 minutes ago, Neilly said:

They should call us The Swans Of The Rock, calm and serene on the surface.......

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I've never been interested in international football. Leaves me cold. Maybe because I'm not nationalistic or maybe because Dumbarton players never get capped, but I've never felt a connection to the national side, or any real interest in any international games. Haven't even watched the euros. Saw a bit of two of the Scotland games and a few minutes of Spain V Germany and that was more than enough dull, pish football for me. I can't wait for the East Kilbride game at the weekend to get the real soccer back.

Spain's games against Georgia, Germany, and France have been the only decent games, the rest have been dull as f**k

55 minutes ago, CS_Dumbarton said:

Spain's games against Georgia, Germany, and France have been the only decent games, the rest have been dull as f**k

You obviously missed the Turkey, Romania and Austria games. 

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You obviously missed the Turkey, Romania and Austria games. 

Not to derail a Dumbarton thread but the majority of the group games were excellent.

Last 16 not as good and overall poor.

Quarter Finals terrible aside from Spain v Germany and the two semi finals pretty good too for differing reasons and score line in second one aside. 

Anyway…

Edited by 1320Lichtie

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

You’d be better taking that fishing rod over to the Annan or Stirling thread Neilly.

13 hours ago, Neilly said:

I  almost feel sorry for you Neilly.

How utterly dull must your life be that one of your few bits of joy seems to be coming onto a forum thread for a team you don't support and posting utter drivel.

Get a hobby. Go for a walk in the summer sunshine. Go feed the ducks. Buy an airfix kit (although I'm not entirely sure you haven't been getting stuck in to the modelling glue).

12 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You’d be better taking that fishing rod over to the Annan or Stirling thread Neilly.

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I  almost feel sorry for you Neilly.

How utterly dull must your life be that one of your few bits of joy seems to be coming onto a forum thread for a team you don't support and posting utter drivel.

Get a hobby. Go for a walk in the summer sunshine. Go feed the ducks. Buy an airfix kit (although I'm not entirely sure you haven't been getting stuck in to the modelling glue).

Looks like I was wrong…

The pitch today would be acceptable in February. Not mid summer.

Beyond mowing it, it doesn't look like any work has been done. Best order the sand in now.