Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Was out a wee wander yesterday and took a bimble past the stadium. I couldn’t believe how tired the general area around the ground was looking. A sea of shoulder high weeds and litter with parts of the car park starting to look abandoned. It would be nice to see the place tidied up a bit but I suspect that wont happen until we have someone willing to invest some money into the ground. 

The environs of the ground are an embarrassing eyesore and pretty much have been since the place was built.  

It's dismally ironic that we've moved from the dump that Boghead had become to another one on the Castle Road.  West Dunbartonshire Council, Historic Scotland, the club and it's supporters and the people of the area should be ashamed that an opportunity to create something special on such a historic site has been lost.

12 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The environs of the ground are an embarrassing eyesore and pretty much have been since the place was built.  

It's dismally ironic that we've moved from the dump that Boghead had become to another one on the Castle Road.  West Dunbartonshire Council, Historic Scotland, the club and it's supporters and the people of the area should be ashamed that an opportunity to create something special on such a historic site has been lost.

F*** me, how did I forget the succession of snake-oil charlatan owners who have infested the place for nearly 20 years ???

3 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Our record at Palmerston is pretty woeful AFAIR .I would be surprised if you didnt find your scoring streak tonight.Good manager and a decent squad you have built.I'd expect you to be pushing for top 4.

Problem is that we now play with a "false No.9" ... ie we don't actually have a No.9 worthy of the name 😐

Edited by Otis Blue

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The fans of some Clubs, QoS included, have a tidy up day or two where volunteers can go along to the Stadium and do a bit of minor maintenance and give the place a bit of a spruce up,  weeding, painting etc, nothing major, could Dumbarton fans not arrange something similar?

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The fans of some Clubs, QoS included, have a tidy up day or two where volunteers can go along to the Stadium and do a bit of minor maintenance and give the place a bit of a spruce up,  weeding, painting etc, nothing major, could Dumbarton fans not arrange something similar?

We've had one ☹

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Was out a wee wander yesterday and took a bimble past the stadium. I couldn’t believe how tired the general area around the ground was looking. A sea of shoulder high weeds and litter with parts of the car park starting to look abandoned. It would be nice to see the place tidied up a bit but I suspect that wont happen until we have someone willing to invest some money into the ground. 

It wouldn't necessarily take a lot of money to make the outside of the ground look a lot better. But it would take time and effort. Not sure that there would be enough volunteers to do an exterior tidy up. Money would certainly help and there's things you could to do make the general area around the ground look a lot better, but that isnt a priority.

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It wouldn't necessarily take a lot of money to make the outside of the ground look a lot better. But it would take time and effort. Not sure that there would be enough volunteers to do an exterior tidy up. Money would certainly help and there's things you could to do make the general area around the ground look a lot better, but that isnt a priority.

Absolutely, but I must admit that it is probably getting to a stage where certain machinery (I don’t know if a lawn mower would cut it!) and someone who knows what they are doing would be required to clear the jungle from the fence line and the grass/moss from the gravel parking area. Definitely not a priority but I do think the club need to take responsibility for the litter at least. The local community have done a great job tidying up the shoreline all around the stadium and it’s a shame to see our section looking like such a mess.

14 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We’ve had one, but there is so much needing done inside the stadium so that takes priority. Cleaning bird shite off the seats etc etc.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I wouldn’t be judging anything on a pre season kick about tbh.

That excuse goes out the window when it’s against opposition who we will be playing against this season … also the airdrie score against ek just now show how poor we were in front of goal at weekend against them 

2 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

That excuse goes out the window when it’s against opposition who we will be playing against this season … also the airdrie score against ek just now show how poor we were in front of goal at weekend against them 

Surely you are basing your own assessment re Franco on pre-season matches, no ?  I'm not too enamoured with tonight's line-up but we need to give everyone a bit of game time.

As for Airdrie, they were very impressive last season and they look considerably above our level at present.  We never at any time looked like taking EK apart on Saturday.

19 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

It’s a pre season kickabout, and tonight’s starting 11 confirms it. Whether it’s against Real Madrid or a fellow League 1 club we are clearly treating these games as minutes in the legs.

Lets appoint the assistant based on a couple of results in pre season friendlies, give us peace.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It’s a pre season kickabout, and tonight’s starting 11 confirms it. Whether it’s against Real Madrid or a fellow League 1 club we are clearly treating these games as minutes in the legs.

Lets appoint the assistant based on a couple of results in pre season friendlies, give us peace.

Where have I said replace the manager ? 

I am allowed my opinion and by the games so far the players performed better when manager was on holiday in my opinion 

45 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

We played tonight's match with about 7 starters missing and some starters not playing in their correct positions, all with our star striker not even in the building. You can't base anything off of tonight, purely just getting minutes in the legs. It's how we've always treated this competition under Faz. 

Tonight was nothing more than a chance to get game time for players. A starting 11 nothing like our strongest. Its not great for any fans travelling down that they're spending their money for a glorified pre-season game. But thats the approach we seem to take for the league cup group stages. We've got another 2 games to give players some playing time and to try a few things to see who can cover where. The starting line up v Caley Thistle will be nothing like tonight.

We have treated the LC as glorified friendlies for years. Faz even admitted it. The worst thing for us is we can’t play trialists, otherwise I’m sure there would be a few getting game time.