Sons' sorrow

The cost of a shop in the High Street would 100% far outweigh any sort of profit. We also don't have any form of local sports shop we could tie in with to sell our merchandise. The interest simply isn't there and a club shop in the High St will do nothing to change that.

I'd imagine the online thing would cost a bit as well as we'd need someone down there packing orders and shipping them out. If only we had a member of staff who had plenty of spare time on their hands to do this sort of thing...

He canny work the tape gun.

I think we'd be better letting him go to a full time team and learn something different, I might be totally wrong though.

And yeah Graham signed for us, but Kane is still probably third choice after that. Our managers said we're looking at getting another attacking player in, which will pretty much cement Kane going out on loan, but I don't think we'll let him leave if we don't get another in

Fair enough, just thought the set up last season was good for both clubs and player. Wouldn't be surprised if full-time teams are in for him too.

From the Match preview: Manager Ian Murray, boosted by two loan signings during the past week, is looking to get off the mark with a league win and build on a decent midweek performance against Hibs.

Two...have I forgotten someone?
Also Joe is away on loan to Kilbirnie again.
E.T.A And now it's been edited....
Edited by Sonsteam of 08

From the Match preview: Manager Ian Murray, boosted by two loan signings during the past week, is looking to get off the mark with a league win and build on a decent midweek performance against Hibs.

Two...have I forgotten someone?
Also Joe is away on loan to Kilbirnie again.
E.T.A And now it's been edited....

Where did you see that? Must have been a lightning quick edit, I was on the the OS pretty much as that was posted and it just said "boosted by Kieran MacDonald loan signing".

Still, if that was there then we're definitely in for someone else...

The cost of a shop in the High Street would 100% far outweigh any sort of profit. We also don't have any form of local sports shop we could tie in with to sell our merchandise. The interest simply isn't there and a club shop in the High St will do nothing to change that.

I'd imagine the online thing would cost a bit as well as we'd need someone down there packing orders and shipping them out. If only we had a member of staff who had plenty of spare time on their hands to do this sort of thing...

community club? Integrated stock along with sports direct? Or a proper looking shop in the stadium, either reception or concourse areas?

How many people do you think are looking for Dumbarton merchandise on a daily basis? I reckon you'll be lucky if there are 5 items bought in a week (start of the season aside). What we have now is more than enough, although I agree that it would be better if the online shop was able to sell all of our merchandise.

Where did you see that? Must have been a lightning quick edit, I was on the the OS pretty much as that was posted and it just said "boosted by Kieran MacDonald loan signing".

Still, if that was there then we're definitely in for someone else...

Saw it as soon as it was posted as I was on Twitter and just clicked on the link. Wasn't the only one either by the looks of it https://twitter.com/JackDFC/status/505265974749454336

How many people do you think are looking for Dumbarton merchandise on a daily basis? I reckon you'll be lucky if there are 5 items bought in a week (start of the season aside). What we have now is more than enough, although I agree that it would be better if the online shop was able to sell all of our merchandise.

we're not exactly the most visible club for promoting new fans, morton sell club merchandise in a clothes shop in greenock, why can't we do the same? It might be we only sell a few items at the present moment a week, but I'm pretty confident we'd sell more if it was seen in a shop window, plenty mum's and dads go shopping in the high street, or Asda or morrisons, someone from the club should be making this a possibility and contacting these stores

we're not exactly the most visible club for promoting new fans, morton sell club merchandise in a clothes shop in greenock, why can't we do the same? It might be we only sell a few items at the present moment a week, but I'm pretty confident we'd sell more if it was seen in a shop window, plenty mum's and dads go shopping in the high street, or Asda or morrisons, someone from the club should be making this a possibility and contacting these stores

I'm not saying it wouldn't have an impact on sales, but you need to weigh up whether or not selling a few extra shirts/scarves/hats/whatever will cover the cost of using these shops and give us profit on top of that. I'm not sure it will.

If you look on the Total Teamwear website, who we get out kit through, you'll see they have online stores there already for other clubs they supply. I appreceiate they are bigger clubs supporter number wise than us and the company will take a cut for doing it. However even a percentage of whatever is sold to DFC is better than the current precentage of zero.

http://www.teamwearscotland.com/