Sons' sorrow

Lindsay, Waters and Brown are on loan, is it 5 you are allowed?

The loan system is a bit grey these days I feel with "Development Loans" and the like, I'm not really sure what it means.

Waters, I'm sure is a development loan. That doesn't count towards our 5 as he can still play for the Celtic Development team - similar to Stuart Findlay last season.

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1954

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

If Kane comes back i will shit myself with excitement.

As others have said, I don't think aitken fancies miller. Surely tuesday would have been an ideal game for him to start. Smith doesn't look up to much at all and as much as it pains me to admit it, big chase doesn't look the same.

As others have said, I don't think aitken fancies miller. Surely tuesday would have been an ideal game for him to start. Smith doesn't look up to much at all and as much as it pains me to admit it, big chase doesn't look the same.

Kane would be brilliant if he comes back

none of us have seen Miller, so its hard to comment on him. Smith has hardly played either, although hasnt overly impressed me when hes been on - perhaps a division too high for him

big Andy was clearly struggling for pace at the end of last season, but got away with it most of the time due to his experience and excellent reading of the game. We do however have pretty much a brand new defence, so whoever plays there will take time to bed in

what is clear however, is that we dont have great strength in depth in our squad, so pleased to see Aitken looking to bring new players in

Edited by aftershocker

You won't struggle to get shot of big Andy but I'd be amazed if he's allowed to go - still think he's better than what u have on the park and in time that will be proven

Let's just calm down for a minute here.

The chances of us signing Chris Kane are miniscule, and the more people who post about it the more excited I get. But there's been no rumours, never mind anything more solid than that.

On Graham, he doesn't look match sharp. With Barr and Buchy in the team I don't see him getting many opportunities, so it might be worth a wee loan spell with recall clause to get him match ready again.

You won't struggle to get shot of big Andy but I'd be amazed if he's allowed to go - still think he's better than what u have on the park and in time that will be proven

We've had Andy for 4 years, we're well aware of what he's capable of, we don't need time and he doesn't need to prove anything to the fans - he's been an absolute example at our club. Without doubt though, he's been at fault for 2 silly goals we've lost already and that won't impress his new gaffer. Let's wait and see what happens.

To be fair to Andy, he's not really had a pre season, flung in due to Barr's injury, the mistake against hibs was bad, but was outstanding the rest of the game, I never saw the spiders game but, he's done all this trickery before and we all loved it, even if it was hairy, excellent defender, but slow, but he can read a game to compensate for his lack of speed, more than capable deputy for Barr or Buchanan, he would keep these two honest, but not a man to keep on the bench, I'd imagine he'd rather play elsewhere, I'm his biggest critic, but not getting a lot of support here, hence why I'm sticking up for him

Edited by optimistic

Not sure who the two players are but going by aitkens previous signings would not be suprised if he does not return for another Stranraer player. Also with hearts doing so well and having a large squad one of their young players on loan could be beneficial.a striker would be nice but a versatile defender would not go wrong.