Sons' sorrow

Actually not very well, other than fighting, scrapping and for fleming and buchanan bossing their oppo all game.

St mirren could have won 3-1 on another day and we'd have felt our effort deserved better, perhaps thats very promising.

If I have a concern, it's a lack of goals from open play this far in the league.

f**k the performance! It's all about the points. You'd think we were Real Madrid the way some folk go on.

I'm not down, god no.

Perhaps last year we'd have lost that game based on number of chances alone, the difference seems obvious and its confidence.

Aitken seems to have put together a team who can follow instruction and tactics like murray's, but with confidence and belief in themself more than hope in what that might bring them.

The only difference is confidence? Really? Wow! I'll be interested to see how many Sons fans who've been to our competetive matches this season endorse that theory.

I'm not down, god no.

Perhaps last year we'd have lost that game based on number of chances alone, the difference seems obvious and its confidence.

Aitken seems to have put together a team who can follow instruction and tactics like murray's, but with confidence and belief in themself more than hope in what that might bring them.

What chances are you thinking of? I didn't see our 'keeper make a save all day.

Actually not very well, other than fighting, scrapping and for fleming and buchanan bossing their oppo all game.

St mirren could have won 3-1 on another day and we'd have felt our effort deserved better, perhaps thats very promising.

If I have a concern, it's a lack of goals from open play this far in the league.

^^^^^

Hard to please!

Great highlights by SonsTV

Two suggestions, can you put the team lineups at the start instead of scrolling along the bottom and would be good if you had a interview with the managers at the end of the game. ( don't know if that's possible)

What's happened to the boy miller who signed from queens park, has been playing or is he on the bench ?

Big #666 is resting himself for the Queens game and a massive GIRUY to Gus Mcpherson. Can't wait to see him play to be honest.

What's happened to the boy miller who signed from queens park, has been playing or is he on the bench ?

Been on the bench so far. We have a very strong central midfield so he may just have to bide his time and take his chance when it comes.

I'd expect to see him get a start on Tuesday at Hampden.

#heretic

Great start for the boys this season.

2004 is the last time we began a league campaign with two wins - so when was the last time we had three consecutive league wins at the start of a season.

Now my earliest memories of Dumbarton seasons go back to the Kenny Wilson years at the start of the 70's - but according to my records you have to go back to the 1959-60 season when Dumbarton actually began with 4 wins on the trot in the league.

Fingers crossed for a repeat - mon the sons!

What's this chat with #666 and Miller? Is he a genuine slipknot fan?

I think it originated when the shirt numbers were revealed and The Moonster (I think) made a joke the Darren Miller only had 6 because the SFA wouldn't let him have 666. We played Thistle that weekend and I posted the team on here with #666 instead of Miller and in those moments, a cult hero was born :lol:

Great start for the boys this season.

2004 is the last time we began a league campaign with two wins - so when was the last time we had three consecutive league wins at the start of a season.

Now my earliest memories of Dumbarton seasons go back to the Kenny Wilson years at the start of the 70's - but according to my records you have to go back to the 1959-60 season when Dumbarton actually began with 4 wins on the trot in the league.

Fingers crossed for a repeat - mon the sons!

That was also the last time three victories were recorded.

I'm not going to argue that we were amazing on Saturday (silky football wise), we worked hard and did enough for the win but I don't think there is a lack of goals from open play. I know you've put the caveat of "the league" in there but in all our competitive matches this year we've scored 4 from open play and 4 from dead balls. For the last few years we've posed very little threat from set pieces, the fact we look dangerous from them now should be a positive and not a concern.