Sons' sorrow

I think a striker should hit it because strikers are more used to hitting shots compared to other players on the pitch.

You would've thought so. But look at our scorers from Saturday:

Graham (CB)

Taggart (RB)

Gallagher (CDM)

Then look at who missed:

Craig (ST)

Gibson (LW)

Cawley (RW/ST)

Taggart's penalty at the weekend was class, hence I'd have him.

Edit: Aye, cheers for the reddy. They are normally exclusively reserved for Racism, bigotry, aliases, homophobia and Old Firm fans.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I'd probably go for Taggart too although the players that missed at EF will probably be looking to make up for their misses.

Speaking of penalties, I still have nightmares about Chris Turner's penalty on his debut against Livi.

Just looking at today's Lennox herald which on page 13 has a picture of a sons team from supposedly 1962 . No way this team were from 1962 . Far from being pedantic but that picture was taken in 1955. Also the player called cormack was really cornock and the player called McColl was really McCall. Glad to get that off my chest. Interesting to look behind the players at the packed crowd as in the mid fifties Dumbarton could get 7000 or more for a second division league game. At the front of photo is the prince of goal scorers the immortal hughie gallacher. If we had hughie in the present side we would be assured 25 goals from him.

Just looking at today's Lennox herald which on page 13 has a picture of a sons team from supposedly 1962 . No way this team were from 1962 . Far from being pedantic but that picture was taken in 1955. Also the player called cormack was really cornock and the player called McColl was really McCall. Glad to get that off my chest. Interesting to look behind the players at the packed crowd as in the mid fifties Dumbarton could get 7000 or more for a second division league game. At the front of photo is the prince of goal scorers the immortal hughie gallacher. If we had hughie in the present side we would be assured 25 goals from him.

Apart from the fact he'd be about 80

At the front of photo is the prince of goal scorers the immortal hughie gallacher. If we had hughie in the present side we would be assured 25 goals from him.

He could score that many back when the staple diet of a footballer was woodbine and whisky.

These days the majority of these guys (in their prime) would probably struggle to get anymore than 3 on a bleep test. Times have changed, pretty drastically.

What can we conclude about 1) the timing and 2) the calibre, of Morton's proposed signings?

That rather than playing a patient waiting game for his selected targets to become available as we've been told all summer, Duffy is desperately scrambling for anyone he can find because the season's already started and the squad is nowhere near complete.

Edited by Dunning1874

New away shirt available to buy tomorrow.

£40 for adults, yer having a laugh DFC, it's basically a Joma training tee with our badge & sponsor on it.

Can be had for under a tenner online, minus our peripherals of course.

Didn't mind shelling out for our latest home shirt as it's very nice, bespoke and harks back to a golden era, but why not make our new away top £30 for adults? There's still £20 profit per adult jersey in there for DFC.

New away shirt available to buy tomorrow.

£40 for adults, yer having a laugh DFC, it's basically a Joma training tee with our badge & sponsor on it.

Can be had for under a tenner online, minus our peripherals of course.

Didn't mind shelling out for our latest home shirt as it's very nice, bespoke and harks back to a golden era, but why not make our new away top £30 for adults? There's still £20 profit per adult jersey in there for DFC.

£40 is actually pretty cheap for a football strip these days. The majority of tops are just the same as said brands training top with a badge and sponsor added, we're not unique in that sense.

Just cause the training top costs a tenner doesn't mean we get them at that price, especially considering there is a badge sewn on and a sponsor on it. I think you'd struggle to find any brand new top in the UK for much less than £40 tbh.

That rather than playing a patient waiting game for his selected targets to become available as we've been told all summer, Duffy is desperately scrambling for anyone he can find because the season's already started and the squad is nowhere near complete.

Have a greenie for your frankness and honesty. It can't be much fun down Cappielow way, especially with Duffy at the helm.

£40 is actually pretty cheap for a football strip these days. The majority of tops are just the same as said brands training top with a badge and sponsor added, we're not unique in that sense.

Just cause the training top costs a tenner doesn't mean we get them at that price, especially considering there is a badge sewn on and a sponsor on it. I think you'd struggle to find any brand new top in the UK for much less than £40 tbh.

Sorry, but that's bollocks.

It's Joma and it's nowhere near the quality of Adidas, Nike, Umbro or Puma.

Our new Away shirt is nothing more than a (£8-10) training shirt with our badge & Baxter Ramsay on the front.

Trust me, I've seen it.

All I'm saying is a little bit of realism from DFC would be nice, it's not top quality so give the supporters a break, charge a realistic price. You never know we may even sell more and still make a profit. The option to buy polo shirts, shorts, tracksuit tops etc would also be nice. Our 'Club Shop' is pretty pish tbh.

Sorry, but that's bollocks.

It's Joma and it's nowhere near the quality of Adidas, Nike, Umbro or Puma.

Our new Away shirt is nothing more than a (£8-10) training shirt with our badge & Baxter Ramsay on the front.

Trust me, I've seen it.

All I'm saying is a little bit of realism from DFC would be nice, it's not top quality so give the supporters a break, charge a realistic price. You never know we may even sell more and still make a profit. The option to buy polo shirts, shorts, tracksuit tops etc would also be nice. Our 'Club Shop' is pretty pish tbh.

The Queen of the South top, also made by Joma, is 35 quid. They have 3 different tops this season.

The past 4 seasons we've only had 2 different home tops which is good value for money if you buy one. I don't think the club deserve criticism for over-charging for replica kits.

I would agree it would be better if there was more choice, the tracksuit top we warm up in would probably sell quite well.