Sons' sorrow

Did the Sons win the Lotto??

Paying up 3 contracts early after just signing them for a year wont be cheap and some of the players you have brought in will be on very decent wages and yet your still bringing more in?

Good stuff.

Nae room for sentiment or fucking about when your a part-time team in a full-time league. Ruthless from wee Stevie.

Christ, didn't take my signature long to get rid of Smith for you.

Paying up 3 contracts early after just signing them for a year wont be cheap and some of the players you have brought in will be on very decent wages and yet your still bringing more in?

Not paying up, I'd imagine they will be leaving with mutual consent, having not been on a great deal anyway. Something along the lines of "How do you fancy joining me in the Championship, we'll see how things go for the first few months (almost like an extended trial period) and if they don't work out you're free to leave. But if they do,then we'll boost your wage a bit."

As Stevie started with no signed players, it was first quantity that was needed. Now we have the basis of a decent team, it's about adding a wee but more quality.

Good stuff.

Nae room for sentiment or fucking about when your a part-time team in a full-time league. Ruthless from wee Stevie.

Aye, there is that, but there's a couple of ways at looking at this. Smith and Miller were signed at a stage when the squad was needing 'bulked' up, and it was something of a punt that hasn't worked out. As such their departure isn't really a surprise and has the virtue of settling the issue now.

Alternatively, they should not have been signed in the first place which rather brings into question the issue of judgement, and although I think it is the correct decision in terms of the squad, we really need to get any further signings to be better fits.

As for the money aspect, I suppose it all depends on the terms of contracts and whether a guy might be prepared to move on in every sense to get a regular game of football.

We won't be paying up f**k all, this is real life, not Champy. They'll be told they're surplus and free to find a new club, contract cancelled.

We aren't paying up the contracts. Graham, Smith and Miller have left because they wont get many chances in the first team.

If they had refused to agree on the termination they wouldn't be leaving. It benefits all parties really.

Not a clue if he's any good - I assume you lot don't know either considering his lack of games - but we're that desperate for a holding midfielder that I'd take a shot on Miller on a six month deal. This late in the window you'd assume we're at the point of scrambling for anyone we can get as most players are already signed elsewhere so it's preferable to ending up with no one at all.

Not a clue if he's any good - I assume you lot don't know either considering his lack of games - but we're that desperate for a holding midfielder that I'd take a shot on Miller on a six month deal. This late in the window you'd assume we're at the point of scrambling for anyone we can get as most players are already signed elsewhere so it's preferable to ending up with no one at all.

I've no idea if he's any good either. But he's got a tattoo all the way up his leg, and he looks like a footballer.