Sons' sorrow

Why did they stop doing the (what I'm assuming was the original) Sons Lotto that you could get a ticket for all over the town and surrounding areas? Always seemed to be quite popular.

I can't be sure here so I'll justify this post with an allegedly, the guy who was running it fucked off with whatever small profit we were making on it.

Meh, we could do with a scoring kind of striker. We've got barrowloads of centre mids.

How did he get on with Brora last season? Can't find anything online, bar a couple of Tweets where he's scored.

I remember Ross played really well for Brora against us in the Scottish Cup. Brora were a constant threat up front. He's worth a punt on that showing.

Why did they stop doing the (what I'm assuming was the original) Sons Lotto that you could get a ticket for all over the town and surrounding areas? Always seemed to be quite popular.

I used to be an agent selling 100+ tickets a week at its peak. As has been said there was some questions over how it was been run.

Basically the guy who was running it had no accountability to DFC. The board tried to rightly make him more accountable and couldn't enforce that accountability. DFC then disassociated themselves with the chap.

What happened was a disgrace if i'm honest. The only way the lotto organiser got away with it was that the lotto was set up by an ex-director, John Sharp and although was called 'Sons Lotto' was only offiliated by donating some of it's profit. DFC never had any say in it's running. They attempted to be more involved and employ the organiser to continue doing it. He said no and they parted ways with him continuing a Dumbarton lotto.

He was no longer allowed to use the name 'Sons'. By this time i and many other dumbarton supporters had stopped selling and buying tickets. It's still on the go and i've no idea how it's regulated. Folk still buy tickets albeit the jackpot goes up significantly less than it used too.

It was really annoying how 1 guy was allowed to dictate a lotto that was set up to benefit DFCs youth set up, and how he and another director seemed able to profiteer out of it.

Edited by sons'r'us

Graham still at a decent level? Looks like he's about to sign for us.

Still a very capable player. Should do well at that level! Pace is the only thing in question, but it should be less of an issue at a lower level. Wish him well wherever he signs!

ETA: I know that pace has always been Andy's problem throughout his career.

Edited by squeezeboxson

Still a very capable player. Should do well at that level! Pace is the only thing in question, but it should be less of an issue at a lower level. Wish him well wherever he signs!

ETA: I know that pace has always been Andy's problem throughout his career.

Cheer, just signed this second.

Graham still at a decent level? Looks like he's about to sign for us.

Should do a good job in League 1.

He didn't have much of a pre-season with us and the 2 games he started he cost us 2 goals. He took the removal of the captains armband pretty badly by the sounds of things and I think that had an effect.

He won our player of the year last season but I didn't agree with the choice and it wasn't who I voted for. There's no hiding the fact he has been part of a defence who have leaked goals for fun the last few years. I think releasing him was the right thing to do for both him and ourselves.

All the best to him, a very decent guy.

Was just about to the say the same.

7 fuckin million :lol: imagine one of us winning that.

This will be a hook up to a national lottery of many different sports clubs. Your chance of winning the 7 million will be the same as that of Steve Aitken and Andy Graham getting married to each other.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Actually feel pretty sorry for the guy. We obviously don't see what goes on in training etc but he never got a chance. He seemed absolutely over the moon to sign for us.

I would have took him aside explained that first team opportunities will be limited and offer him the chance to go on loan. If he impressed bring him back in, if not then let him go.