Sons' sorrow

More defensive cover is welcome, particularly as we have had to shunt Barr out to right-back on occasion so far, but to me it's concerning that we would appear to be going with what we have up front.

I understand that it will likely take a little while to get a formation/partnership that works up front, but going on performances so far, I don't know if we have the firepower in the squad all-together, no matter what pairing/formation is used.

Interesting. I never saw him play for these other clubs or if I did it was via televised games, I can only really give my opinion on his time with Sons. This is also the case with Eddie Annand, Stevie Mallon, Michael Moore, Darren Gribben, Dennis Wyness and other has beens who arrived with decent reputations but alas, after their sell-by date. The experience the other clubs had therefore is pretty much obiter dicta. Certain players' commitment diminishes with age and dwindling remuneration. If you think that Nish's demeanour and style conveyed commitment, then I think you're in a small minority at the Rock.

I may well be Wilf, but I'm also hopefully honest enough to recognise Nish's imperfections whilst being disappointed for the guy that he was often singled out and lampooned whilst others such as Lee Mair, Hugh Murray and Iain McDougall couldn't begin to spell commitment. Never mind the other two I already mentioned.

Justice for the Railway Sleeper, that is all we seek.

Interesting. I never saw him play for these other clubs or if I did it was via televised games, I can only really give my opinion on his time with Sons. This is also the case with Eddie Annand, Stevie Mallon, Michael Moore, Darren Gribben, Dennis Wyness and other has beens who arrived with decent reputations but alas, after their sell-by date. The experience the other clubs had therefore is pretty much obiter dicta. Certain players' commitment diminishes with age and dwindling remuneration. If you think that Nish's demeanour and style conveyed commitment, then I think you're in a small minority at the Rock.

At risk of getting embroiled in another NIsh ding-dong, I feel he contributed more than the above-mentioned players. He didn't score many goals but he did bang in a couple of important ones.

At risk of getting embroiled in another NIsh ding-dong, I feel he contributed more than the above-mentioned players. He didn't score many goals but he did bang in a couple of important ones.

The thing with Nish was that 80% of the time you'd have been better with me out there. But for that 1 game every few months he looked like footballer he could cause serious damage.

I don't actually think he was half as bad a people made out. Don't get me wrong, there's no way I'd have him now as he's finished. But he played a huge role in getting Chris Kane scoring, and that half season was one of my favourites following the club. Watching us tonk 3, 4, even 5 past teams on a semi-regular basis whilst playing some stunning stuff.

Edit, Saunders confirmed Deal until January which makes sense for both parties.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Yes he maybe did contribute more but he was there for a longer time. Sonsteam 08 has it about right with his 80% comment.

The thing with Nish was that 80% of the time you'd have been better with me out there. But for that 1 game every few months he looked like footballer he could cause serious damage.

I don't actually think he was half as bad a people made out. Don't get me wrong, there's no way I'd have him now as he's finished. But he played a huge role in getting Chris Kane scoring, and that half season was one of my favourites following the club. Watching us tonk 3, 4, even 5 past teams on a semi-regular basis whilst playing some stunning stuff.

Edit, Saunders confirmed Deal until January which makes sense for both parties.

Delighted to see the Nishteria subsiding :)

Informative response Einstein

Saunders has been signed to play right back whilst Taggart is out and until January will provide competition and cover in defence. Could it be that any right back available wasn't good enough (given that Mark Wilson appears to be the only one without a club) and the gaffer decided to bring in a guy with decent pedigree and who's at last played there on a few occasions before?

But I suspect you knew all that, what with you being friends with a couple of agents (:lol:) and you're just in here pretending you care about our squad composition to try and troll us all again in that zany way you normally do.

Saunders has been signed to play right back whilst Taggart is out and until January will provide competition and cover in defence. Could it be that any right back available wasn't good enough (given that Mark Wilson appears to be the only one without a club) and the gaffer decided to bring in a guy with decent pedigree and who's at last played there on a few occasions before?

But I suspect you knew all that, what with you being friends with a couple of agents (:lol:) and you're just in here pretending you care about our squad composition to try and troll us all again in that zany way you normally do.

Zzzzzzz God you are boring - p&b really is your life isn't it?