Sons' sorrow

I'd like to see Cawley play just behind Fleming, that means (at the moment) playing someone out of position on the right. I'd make a right midfielder priority in January, let Cawley affect things. One thing I'd say is we need to start playing a settled team, preferably with Taggart in it.

I'd like to see Cawley play just behind Fleming, that means (at the moment) playing someone out of position on the right. I'd make a right midfielder priority in January, let Cawley affect things. One thing I'd say is we need to start playing a settled team, preferably with Taggart in it.

Depending on when he's fit, Taggart on RW, Saunders/Brown at RB and then Cawley through the middle could be an option.

Do you love Frazer Wright yet?

Yes. He literally wins everything in the air, apart from when he shouts "FRAZERS" and the opponent jumps out the way in fear so he leaves it. He'd be a superb captain imo.

It's disappointing to lose Brophy, but it's a double blow that Craig hasn't anywhere near stepped up to the plate up to now.

Craig's showing at Ibrox was so lacklustre and uninterested looking it was cringey to watch. He's constantly looking for someone else to do all the legwork rather than making a run himself or working the channel to make some space.

Brophy hasn't really set it alight in his time with us, but he's been a good performer and will be missed. Hopefully Aitken has something lined up or some ideas at least for a Brophy replacement.

It would be a blow to lose Scott Brown as well, as he's really been the only one who's combative in the middle of the park and has improved week on week, so it would be a real loss if we can't extend is loan to the end of the season.

I do.

Like So08 says above, it's great when he shouts 'FRAZERS!' because you know, no matter whether he wins the ball or not, his opponent isn't getting a free header. He's strong, great in the air and a fantastic leader. He's got no pace, but his positioning is so strong that he's rarely caught out badly in that respect which is good.

Like The Moonster says, I'd like to see some sort of Fleming and Cawley partnership given a chance.

Craig and Fleming doesn't work, so maybe giving Fleming someone different alongside him or just off him could reap rewards. For certain though we need something to start sparking upfront, and Craig definitely hasn't been the answer so far.

He is fantastic. I miss him but glad he's at my big team. I hope you play Celtic whilst he is there and Ciftci plays. Dumbarton could charge £50 if it was at home and it would be a bargain.

That would be some battle.

I love that he winds people up as well though. He can take a bit of winding up, but is a master at it himself. And the fact that he seems to relish the physicality of the game is brilliant.

Yes the more he winds a player up the better he plays. Never seen someone stick his head on absolutely everything. Good win today. Hope you can stay up for another season.

I don't think he's ever conceded a foul challenging for a ball in the air, hugely unusual nowadays.

We definetley need a natural right wingers and a poacher, anyone have any guys in mind?

The difficulty is that we, and many others in our position, are going to be relying on loans (most likely unknowns) or players who don't have a club, so it's slim pickings in this transfer window.

Hopefully Aitken and Faz have irons in the fire in that respect and are lining up deals for next month.

aye, we've got a lot of loans/short term deals expiring soon; barr, saunders, ross and lindsay.

Assuming Taggs comes back to cover for saunders departure we'll miss lindsay and barr the most.

Brophy as well. And I think he's the one we'll miss most. Ross and Lindsay haven't had a huge amount of game time, Barr has been a regular and I'd expect him to extend his deal until the end of the season, and hopefully Taggart should come in to fill the position vacated by Saunders as you say.

Said it on the Alloa match thread and will say it again. He is everything I expected Darren Barr to be. Strong, consistent, aware, leads the back line more and is a solid defender. Since his settling in period (2 games) he has been excellent. I'd rather he was captain and got a chance alongside Buchanan. But that won't happen I don't think.