Sons' sorrow

I wouldn't be against Lindsay going - whilst he's had some good games he seems to struggle in the games in which there is more of a battle/higher tempo in midfield - like against Alloa, where I felt he wasn't good enough, not through lack of effort; just simply quality.

Brown I would be happy to keep though, quietly solid and filled in well at right back when required. Unconventional but there's definitely a player in there... But still not sure what kind of player.

I'd take Turner back, but I'd imagine he'll go to Morton. He'd fit well into their team.

Andy Ryan released you say...young striker and has a family connection with DFC. Don't know if he's any good mind you, but he's got to be better than what we've currently got.

I'd take Turner back, but I'd imagine he'll go to Morton. He'd fit well into their team.

Andy Ryan released you say...young striker and has a family connection with DFC. Don't know if he's any good mind you, but he's got to be better than what we've currently got.

Most of the teams in this division are packed with centre mids - he might be struggling for a gig - he'd be a budget buster for most as well,

Most of the teams in this division are packed with centre mids - he might be struggling for a gig - he'd be a budget buster for most as well,

He wouldn't be worth a big wage either imo, Accies said he hasn't looked fit at all for them and he was pretty poor for us last season with his fitness issues.

Maybe somebody like the Pars - and their big budget squad - will sign him up.

He wouldn't be worth a big wage either imo, Accies said he hasn't looked fit at all for them and he was pretty poor for us last season with his fitness issues.

Maybe somebody like the Pars - and their big budget squad - will sign him up.

I don't think I'd go for him either

great player when he's fit, but spends a lot of time in the treatment room

Don't we have too many centre midfielders? I would take him back, means we wouldn't need to worry about extending Lindsey/brown, although I'd be happy to see them stay, especially brown.

We do have several central midfielders, aye.

But one of our major issues this season, and for a couple of seasons to be honest, is that we're still 'run over' by opponents far too often.

We still seem to have a soft core through the middle with no robustness or strength in there.

Turner may or may not provide that, but we know he'd be capable of it. The issue would be fitness. If he's been released by Accies in part due to his fitness, or lack of, then he's certainly not what we need right now.

Scullion at Morton for the Sons? Contracts up soon and he's relatively local.

Wouldn't say no to that

Interesting new league cup competition for next season. Groups of five in regionalised leagues. Dumbarton Morton st Mirren partick thistle and Rangers would save a lot of travelling and bring decent crowds to CID.

That removes the fun of the cup for me, realistically who wants an away day at Firhill, Ibrox or Cappielow? Summer is the perfect time for Montrose, Elgin or Annan away.

Dumbarton v Partick Thistle on a July evening. Ultra meh.

Brechin City v Dumbarton on a July Saturday afternoon. Vvv un-meh

Wouldn't say no to that

That removes the fun of the cup for me, realistically who wants an away day at Firhill, Ibrox or Cappielow? Summer is the perfect time for Montrose, Elgin or Annan away.

Dumbarton v Partick Thistle on a July evening. Ultra meh.

Brechin City v Dumbarton on a July Saturday afternoon. Vvv un-meh

I think to keep the away travel costs down and the home crowds up, it makes perfect sense. Better than pointless friendlies. I do feel your pain at the lack of imaginative away ties though.