Sons' sorrow

I'd take a speculative punt on Riordan, and it would be just that, a speculative punt. If he were to be interested in a pay-as-you-play deal as suggested earlier, he'd be worth the risk he'd pose as far as I'm concerned.

He'd not be on big money on a PAYP deal, so no disruptive influence on a dressing room in that sense, and if he did turn out to be completely finished, what would we have lost?

That said, I'd much prefer us to look at a loan from an SPL side, a-la Chris Kane or the likes, to try and solve our goal scoring issues and presence upfront.

Riordan is finished, as proven by his bang average stint in League 2 last year.

Some players can play well into their 30s, but those players train hard and look after themselves. Riordon is a bevy merchant who's legs chucked it at 28, that's what happens when you don't look after yourself.

Would 100% rather a youth player was promoted to the squad to gain some experience.

Aye, Merry Christmas everyone.

Now, here's one for the oldies...what was significant about Christmas Day 1971, and who on here personally witnessed it ?

I'm far to young for this but am I right in thinking we had a full fixture list on Christmas Day back in the 70s?

I'm far to young for this but am I right in thinking we had a full fixture list on Christmas Day back in the 70s?

1971 was the last time there was a full fixture list on Xmas Day although the last actual game on Xmas Day wad 4 years later in 1975. There is a feature on this on the SPFL website.