Sons' sorrow

And we can all join in this mass recreational grieving. Geez peace

To be fair, I'd rather folk posted all this shite when it was someone who actually offered something to the world that's died. Just you fucking wait until some p***k like Harry Styles snuffs it, you'll be yearning for Bowie levels of grief.

Edited by The Moonster

I really can't see what all the doom and gloom is about the draw. Yes it could have been better but could also have been much worse. We got a home draw potentially against spl opposition which is winnable albeit will be very difficult to win.

It was the same against queens when we drew them. Everyone moaning away. Yip that was a team in the same division which was a bit uninspiring. The way i looked at was it was a winnable home tie with a chance to progress.

I also notice when everyone was saying who they didn't want this wasn't one of them. Unless you consider falkirk go through in which case it is another team from our league.

A tough, unexciting draw against potentially a team from our league or a Dundee team who will be clear favourites.

Quite literally the only good thing is the fact it's at home. Queens at home is more winnable than Falkirk or Dundee.

People want something winnable or something a bit different ala a junior team away or a team we haven't faced in a while.

It doesn't mean folk wont turn up to support the team but they are will within their rights to vent their disappointment at what's a seriously bland draw for us. If you think it's anything otherwise I commend your positivity.

How about an away tie against ross county, inverness, kilmarnock, dundee. Or morton Hibs , hearts and rangers home and away.

In fact there's only about 4 or 5 better ties where as there are far more worse . That's my point.

So overall not that bad a tie??

How about an away tie against ross county, inverness, kilmarnock, dundee. Or morton Hibs , hearts and rangers home and away.

In fact there's only about 4 or 5 better ties where as there are far more worse . That's my point.

I'd rather have almost all of them. Inverness (almost a win win) or County would be a smashing trip. Killie's a ground we haven't visited for a while, Dundee would have been alright and I'd have fancied us against the Tangerine side of their city, Edinburgh's always a good away day.

Hibs at home would be equally as meh to be fair. Tynecastle's a wonderful ground to visit. Rangers at home would have been awful, but at Ibrox we'd have made a decent amount same with Celtic.

So, in summary, the only worse draws (imo) would be:

Rangers (home)

Morton (either)

Hibernian (home) - equally as meh

Meaning that the following I'd have considered decent draws (either as an away day, winnable, financially or all three):

Annan

Either half of the ugly sisters (away) (unpleasant away days, but a 20,000+ gate would help the finances, probably be on TV as well)

Dundee United

Dunfermline or County

EK or LTHV

Hearts

Killie

Linlithgow (Tommy Coyne and co.) Rose or Forfar (The wean eater and friends) Athletic

Motherwell

Thistle

Stirling Albion or ICT

All about opinions I guess, and I really fancied a decent away day or a team who hadn't visited the Rock for while.

Just because it could've been worse doesn't make it a good draw. That's like saying having the flu isn't all that bad because it's not pneumonia. This tie is the flu, not quite the pneumonia of Ross County away but hardly appealing.

Overall not the worst we could've got but unlikely we will win and not very exciting at all.

It's a decent draw in that it's at home, but that's really all that's good about it.

It's pretty uninspiring as ties go, and we won't be given much of a chance of progression.

A good away day or a very winnable tie against a team lower than us in the leagues would have been preferable, but as with the tie with Queens, I'd prefer a win this weekend to progressing in the cup, were I to be given a choice.