Sons' sorrow

Barr has only played about half his first team career games at centre half; he played right back for Bairns, centre mid for Hearts, left back for County and a mix of the three / phsyio's table everywhere else, so it's not strictly accurate to say he's a natural centre half.

He played all of his games under Hughes at CH. When Eddie May took over, the year we were relegated, he was moved the RB. Then shifted back to CH when Elvis took over.

I've got no problem with Barr playing at centre midfield when Lindsay or Routledge are injured. He's solid and covers the defence very well. When everyone is fit though we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot starting him in there, Lindsay gets forward and at least looks to affect play in an attacking sense which Barr doesn't do. That's not a slight on Barr, just different players.

I've got no problem with Barr playing at centre midfield when Lindsay or Routledge are injured. He's solid and covers the defence very well. When everyone is fit though we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot starting him in there, Lindsay gets forward and at least looks to affect play in an attacking sense which Barr doesn't do. That's not a slight on Barr, just different players.

To be fair Barr was employed between the back four and the midfield on Saturday for most of the game in 4-1-4-1 set up.

In truth all of the defenders have been playing well recently. Saunders in particular would be playing in the Premiership were it not for all of those injuries. Barely anything gets passed him. As a result Scott Taggart may find the subs bench becoming an increasingly familiar home.

I prefer Wright and Buchanan tbh.

Lots of people appear to. Looking at the stats though, any time we've conceded more than 2 goals in a game this season Buchanan has been at the heart of the defence. By my calculations, 27 of the 39 goals we've conceded have had Buchanan playing at centre half (and I've not even included the 5 Rangers pumped passed us after he came on for Barr a few weeks ago). I await S08 to correct me on those fag packet calculations. Now I'm not saying it's all Buchanan's fault, there are obviously other factors in games but our defensive record with Barr/Wright is far better than a defence with Buchanan/A.N Other.

A lot of people appear to dislike Barr in our support when the evidence should count towards the contrary.

EDIT - I'm looking at league games there, cup not included.

Edited by The Moonster

Lots of people appear to. Looking at the stats though, any time we've conceded more than 2 goals in a game this season Buchanan has been at the heart of the defence. By my calculations, 27 of the 39 goals we've conceded have had Buchanan playing at centre half (and I've not even included the 5 Rangers pumped passed us after he came on for Barr a few weeks ago). I await S08 to correct me on those fag packet calculations. Now I'm not saying it's all Buchanan's fault, there are obviously other factors in games but our defensive record with Barr/Wright is far better than a defence with Buchanan/A.N Other.

A lot of people appear to dislike Barr in our support when the evidence should count towards the contrary.

EDIT - I'm looking at league games there, cup not included.

I thought the same but I'm going by the last four games.

I thought the same but I'm going by the last four games.

Yeah, he's been good and long may it continue. I should add, a correction to my earlier post - we conceded 4 midweek at Ibrox and Buchanan wasn't playing meaning that of the 5 games we've conceded more than 2 this season Buchanan was playing in all of them bar 1. As it stands I'm still more confident with Barr & Wright in defence.

Aye, the Wednesday would be preferable and it really should be that night. No point in moving the United match for the sake of it.

I have Uni on the Thursday so I'm therefore hoping it's the Tuesday. Failing that I'll do Uni on 4 hours sleep, which is probably above average for the class anyway.

I have Uni on the Thursday so I'm therefore hoping it's the Tuesday. Failing that I'll do Uni on 4 hours sleep, which is probably above average for the class anyway.

I'm gigging in Inverness on the Monday night and then driving home. Got the Tuesday off and already trying to get Weds off. Would be a bit of a pain if it were now on the Weds. But either way I will be at the game fortunately.

I'm weeding my garden all day Tuesday and Thursday so I really hope it's Wednesday. Mon the Sons.