Sons' sorrow

Been trying to rack my brains thinking of a striker.

Can't think of any youngsters available for loan and in terms of out of contract players the only one I can think of is Heffernan. I truly hope it's not him.

Someone fast please.

Heffernan is in his 30s, slow and was decent in the SPL (as was) about 5 years ago.

Nailed on it's him going by our recent signings.

He can't be any worse than Craig...Can he?

My suspicion is it'll be someone none of us have heard of to be honest.

Once a son always a son. #sonsfamily

Has anyone actually posted a Sons Ghost ix? Could be interesting. Rules....Will we go with nil to one competitive appearence then disappeared?

Manager - John Brown

Not necessarily Brown. Derek Whiteford and his assistant Jim Fleeting were appointed in the 80s and departed to Airdrie, having not occupied a dugout in anger, or even calmness. I'd have Drummond Mentiply playing wide with Chris Templeman up front. In goal we could have the keeper we signed for our first game in the Premier in 1984 - McNab I think his name was. Didn't Sandy McLaughlan also play one game in goal as a trialist? O'KI 3 will know.

'bout time we officially got the big man on board.

It's a Thursday, a signing could be imminent...We all know what that means...

OKI over to you

Apart from the fact that the guy is 43 and crocked, this could have been the dream partnership....imagine a Lemon-Nade stike force people ! 

http://martin-benson.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/my-life-after-football-interview-with.html

Not necessarily Brown. Derek Whiteford and his assistant Jim Fleeting were appointed in the 80s and departed to Airdrie, having not occupied a dugout in anger, or even calmness. I'd have Drummond Mentiply playing wide with Chris Templeman up front. In goal we could have the keeper we signed for our first game in the Premier in 1984 - McNab I think his name was. Didn't Sandy McLaughlan also play one game in goal as a trialist? O'KI 3 will know.

Chris Templeman as in Templeman of Morton,Brechin, Forfar etc?

Did we try sign him?

Chris Templeman as in Templeman of Morton,Brechin, Forfar etc?

Did we try sign him?

He played on loan from Dunfermline for us a number of years ago. Scored a hat-trick at the Shire on his debut and strangely departed back to Fife shortly after IIRC. Did he get injured maybe, that rings a bell as being the reason why he went back to Dunfermline so hastily?

Mclaughlan played once at Boghead i think in a 3 2 defeat to Clydebank. In a goals to games ratio Templeman is probably our best ever striker

He played on loan from Dunfermline for us a number of years ago. Scored a hat-trick at the Shire on his debut and strangely departed back to Fife shortly after IIRC. Did he get injured maybe, that rings a bell as being the reason why he went back to Dunfermline so hastily?

I have a vague recollection that was also a perfect hat trick? can't remember the reason why he left but he only played a handful of games. 

I have a vague recollection that was also a perfect hat trick? can't remember the reason why he left but he only played a handful of games. 

The ever reliable Football Manager stats have it that he scored 3 in 3 for us. Albeit all 3 in one game!

Paul Heffernan  :lol:

Kudos to BBPF for that one. Welcome to DFC Paul, a face that even makes Frazer Wright look young  :o

He said: “I'm really happy that we've managed to get Paul signed up, especially after the disappointment of losing Sebastian."

Imagine being brought in as a second choice to a striker who was playing glorified Sunday league stuff  :lol:

Edit: I'm being harsh. He'll be better than Stevie Craig, and gives us another option - he also scored against us for Queens, so that's something.

Welcome aboard, Paul. Here's to a long and free-scoring stay.
Edited by Sonsteam of 08