Sons' sorrow

Great. Thanks Sonsteam.

There is nothing on our site - the fixtures have been archived already and the link doesn't work and there is nothing on the East Stirlingshire site  it's like the competition that didn't exist this year.

I'm no expert on football but I have always though our preseason friendlies have always been poorly organised in relation to the teams we play. Yes they may give some match fitness but I have always thought we should start with lower opposition then build to tougher. For as many years as I can remember we have just played local teams or a team we have a deal with

I'm no expert on football but I have always though our preseason friendlies have always been poorly organised in relation to the teams we play. Yes they may give some match fitness but I have always thought we should start with lower opposition then build to tougher. For as many years as I can remember we have just played local teams or a team we have a deal with

There's nothing up with our schedule. We play a nice mixture of teams from different levels which IMO is the best way to go. The order makes no difference.

It may get slightly repetitive from a spectator's point of view but in terms of preperation for the season ahead it's a nice mix.

Must be decent if we're getting a bite. What position does he play.

He's a brilliant player just as important as Nathan Austin for us last season, so hopefully he stays! He really plays anywhere in midfield or just behind the striker.

He's a brilliant player just as important as Nathan Austin for us last season, so hopefully he stays! He really plays anywhere in midfield or just behind the striker.

We need a creative central midfielder so I think he would be a good signing.

You can pretty much guarantee the first one to sign will be Gall or someone like that... unless he is daft he will sign the deal offered to him because he shouldn't really be playing at this level.

did you not read the previous conversation regarding Gallagher?, how many wrong positions he's played?, he may also have had a poor season within himself, or he may have found it a more difficult first season in the championship, everyone knows I like him, maybe not a standout, but I think he gives something

Just from reading the article linked above from the site, I'm thinking Routledge could be headed for Wrexham maybe?

Aitken mentions 'a club in Wales' and I'd be surprised if he's moved to play in the Welsh league, so it could be them. It's not going to Cardiff or Swansea, so that'd make sense.

Just from reading the article linked above from the site, I'm thinking Routledge could be headed for Wrexham maybe?

Aitken mentions 'a club in Wales' and I'd be surprised if he's moved to play in the Welsh league, so it could be them. It's not going to Cardiff or Swansea, so that'd make sense.

Aye, Wrexham or Newport would be my guess as well

did you not read the previous conversation regarding Gallagher?, how many wrong positions he's played?, he may also have had a poor season within himself, or he may have found it a more difficult first season in the championship, everyone knows I like him, maybe not a standout, but I think he gives something

I just don't buy it. Playing out of position doesn't excuse doing the basics wrong. Positioning is dreadful and his passing awful. His ball retention is second worst for this season, only to Kevin Cawley I'd say.

I would love to be proven wrong if/when he signs up for this season.