Sons' sorrow

It should be also be mentioned that Murray hardly left on the most humble of terms.  I'd be surprised if either party were looking to rekindle that relationship.

Anyway, the club haven't even acknowledged that Aitken's been given permission to speak to them so until then I'll hold off on any future manager speculation and focus on making up transfer targets.

If it hadn't been for this stramash today then I'd be hopeful we might find out about the Stranraer 2 tonight. Maybe we still will, that would be an exciting distraction.

If it hadn't been for this stramash today then I'd be hopeful we might find out about the Stranraer 2 tonight. Maybe we still will, that would be an exciting distraction.

I fear that with doubt cast over the managers future by the cunting Sun that some players will hold off until they know where Stevie will be.  I hope I'm wrong and we hear news of players agreeing deals tonight but if I was a player I wouldn't be signing up at the moment.

Not a big deal if he moves on, seasons targets achieved and some fantastic results but some very poor performances along the way!!

What will be, will be!!

Mon the sons

As has been eluded to, it is a big deal.

Regardless of how good the gaffer is we have 2 players signed up and pre season is fast approaching. To have to deal with a recruitment process and watch players we've offered contracts to sign up elsewhere would be a bit of disaster. I certainly wouldn't expect them to wait around and sit on our offer to see if a new manager would want them and unltimately leave themselves with nothing.

Speaking purely as a fan the football was nowhere near as good under just Murray as it was under the two of them. That's completely undeniable and not my opinion. I've no idea what went on in the summer that Ross left, but something pretty major changed and that was clear to everyone from the start of that season.

Ross might be a poor manager, but that doesn't make him a poor assistant. In the same way as being a good coach doesn't always translate into being a good manager, they are very different roles. FWIW I think Jack's done fine considering the pretty useless squad he was handed by Lennon. His big test will be next season.

I don't know if you have, or if you know them or whatever, but I've never spoken to a player who played with us at that time that didn't get on with Jack Ross...the same cannot be said of Ian Murray. It was the same when I was over at Ralston with St Mirren, although nobody addressed it directly it wasn't hard to see why Rae was succeeding where Murray wasn't.

Murray brought a professionalism to the club that had never previously been there. That's now instilled in the club, and that's why he failed at St Mirren. Because that professionalism - acting like a full-time club who train twice a week - doesn't work where it already exists.

Like I said, he's more appealing than Gary Locke or other continual failures. But I don't think he's right for us anymore. 

While I don't want Aitken to go if he did then I still think it would be silly to not even consider the manager who achieved our highest league finishes for 30 years and who is currently available. 

Particularly as none of the other names speculated about inspire confidence.

I fear that with doubt cast over the managers future by the cunting Sun that some players will hold off until they know where Stevie will be. I hope I'm wrong and we hear news of players agreeing deals tonight but if I was a player I wouldn't be signing up at the moment.

That's what's worrying me. Unless they phone up Stevie and he says that the Raith link is just paper talk then there's no way anyone will be signing up.

Perhaps it explains why nobody has renewed their deal yet...

While I don't want Aitken to go if he did then I still think it would be silly to not even consider the manager who achieved our highest league finishes for 30 years and who is currently available.

Particularly as none of the other names speculated about inspire confidence.

I totally understand where you're coming from, but I just feel that the good ship Murray has sailed and, as The Moonster said, Murray hardly left us on good terms as far as I understand it.

It seems to me that theres not been a lot of players signing for many championship teams this summer, not just us.

Perhaps the uncertainty over raith, qots, livy and the playoffs has caused players to pause and wait.

Whilst the McKinnon situation is not long finished at our end I can fully sympathise with Son's fans here. It was only a couple of weeks ago we were going through the 'will he won't he' chat, speculating over X, Y and Z, social media talk etc. It's not pleasant and pinching another Championship manger is a bit of a sare yin. If Grant Anderson does indeed leave I hope he goes to yourselves as I know a few of you were keen to have him. Then again if Aitken takes over he might want to keep him...

Whilst the McKinnon situation is not long finished at our end I can fully sympathise with Son's fans here. It was only a couple of weeks ago we were going through the 'will he won't he' chat, speculating over X, Y and Z, social media talk etc. It's not pleasant and pinching another Championship manger is a bit of a sare yin. If Grant Anderson does indeed leave I hope he goes to yourselves as I know a few of you were keen to have him. Then again if Aitken takes over he might want to keep him...

Least you have a decent squad signed up, we have a new striker and a diddy goalkeeper.

Aitken is 1/4 to be the next raith manager .... They can't be that wrong can they??

Leicester were 5000/1.  They get things wrong from time to time and given that most of their knowledge on Scottish lower league managerial appointments will come from gossip columns and chat on here I wouldn't look too much into the odds at the moment.

Leicester were 5000/1. They get things wrong from time to time and given that most of their knowledge on Scottish lower league managerial appointments will come from gossip columns and chat on here I wouldn't look too much into the odds at the moment.

Here's hoping

I don't care about any signings tonight. All I want is a club statement to tell us what's going on. Surely it isn't that hard just to update the fans.

If nothing has happened, what exactly do they need to update us on?  If the talk in the paper is just made up and there has been no approach then as far as I'm concerned we ignore it and carry on with our plan.  If there has been an approach then I expect that we'll announce that we've given them permission to speak to Aitken if and when that happens.

I'm firmly in the "no news is good news" camp here.

Echo the thoughts that I wouldn't be overly bothered about Aitken leaving but the timing could kill our season before it's even started.

Hopefully some sort of news tonight - be it player signings or Aitken. If he is leaving I'd rather he got it over with as quickly as possible.

If nothing has happened, what exactly do they need to update us on? If the talk in the paper is just made up and there has been no approach then as far as I'm concerned we ignore it and carry on with our plan. If there has been an approach then I expect that we'll announce that we've given them permission to speak to Aitken if and when that happens.

I'm firmly in the "no news is good news" camp here.

They could tell us it's a load of rubbish to stop us worrying.