Sons' sorrow

Be interesting to see how we line up tonight, if we start with a strong Xi or give the trialists another shot again.

Stranraer are a good team, so I'd far rather see the 1st Xi start and then maybe replace them on 50 or 60 minutes. Anyone else heading along?

Edit: I'd imagine the players who played 90 last night won't feature, so that would be Brown, Trialist RB, Pettigrew, Buchanan, Gibbons and Romanian Rab, though the latter never broke sweat so he might feature I guess.

Would also bring back in the guys who weren't there, Barr, Sparky and Fleming I'm guessing in place of Pettigrew, Gibbons and Peters/Kassarate/Kasubandi

Third edit: Assuming no one who plays the 90 starts, literally no idea who goes at RB, as Pettigrew looked to have picked up a knock early on yesterday but played on. Perhaps Gallagher, with Romanian Rab slotting into midfield if he's up to it. The game last night was played a hugely slow intensity, so he might be alright.

Jamie Ewings

No idea Darren Barr Frazer Wright Mark Docherty

Grant Gallagher

David Smith Ryan Stevenson Ryan Clark Andrew Stirling

Robert Thomson

Can't wait to see what the 4th edit adds 😀

Barr has a knock I believe- heard last night so might no make it tonight either.

I would expect those who had little game time to get more tonight

In my opinion I don't think any of the trialists from

Last night are worth signing although it is hard to judge on that game

Be interesting to see how we line up tonight, if we start with a strong Xi or give the trialists another shot again.

Stranraer are a good team, so I'd far rather see the 1st Xi start and then maybe replace them on 50 or 60 minutes. Anyone else heading along?

Edit: I'd imagine the players who played 90 last night won't feature, so that would be Brown, Trialist RB, Pettigrew, Buchanan, Gibbons and Romanian Rab, though the latter never broke sweat so he might feature I guess.

Would also bring back in the guys who weren't there, Barr, Sparky and Fleming I'm guessing in place of Pettigrew, Gibbons and Peters/Kassarate/Kasubandi

Third edit: Assuming no one who plays the 90 starts, literally no idea who goes at RB, as Pettigrew looked to have picked up a knock early on yesterday but played on. Perhaps Gallagher, with Romanian Rab slotting into midfield if he's up to it. The game last night was played a hugely slow intensity, so he might be alright.

Jamie Ewings

No idea Darren Barr Frazer Wright Mark Docherty

Grant Gallagher

David Smith Ryan Stevenson Ryan Clark Andrew Stirling

Robert Thomson

Long awaited 4th edit:

1e030838eddbf16dc8a9c3b2c6c387d0.jpg

Not expect Garry to start tonight?

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Buchanan and Pettigrew feature tonight, they had little to do last night.

Not expect Garry to start tonight?

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Buchanan and Pettigrew feature tonight, they had little to do last night.

Totally didn't forget about Garry during one of my editing sprees  :unsure:

Gaz in at CM. Be interested to see how he works alongside Stevo. I suspect we'll see him up top with Thommo though.

In my opinion I don't think any of the trialists from

Last night are worth signing although it is hard to judge on that game

I think Tatar, Kassarate and Clark are worth seeing again.

Kassarate was good when he was involved, just wasn't involved nearly enough.

I think Tatar, Kassarate and Clark are worth seeing again.

Kassarate was good when he was involved, just wasn't involved nearly enough.

Kassarate and Clark are signed as development players/will be signed before the season starts. I agree they both looked decent enough, especially Clark who looks and plays like someone a lot older than he is. Kassarate had some nice touches, but as you say he wasn't really involved enough.

It was his full debut for us though, and he was in a team full of guys he'd never played with so, to be fair to him, it was probably difficult to make your debut in those conditions.

I didn't see Tatar against Dundee, and he looked poor in the first half last night, but he absolutely walked the second. Obviously it'd be worth seeing him again, but I'd be trying to keep him if I was Stevie.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I suspect we'll see him up top with Thommo though.

That would imply Stevie trusting Stevenson as part of a midfield two, playing him on the wing or some winger-less formation. Don't think he'll do any of those.

That would imply Stevie trusting Stevenson as part of a midfield two, playing him on the wing or some winger-less formation. Don't think he'll do any of those.

Where did Stevo play against Dundee when Garry came on?

I wasn't there, and can't be bothered looking up the teamlines on Twitter to try and work it out. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play in a midfield two. I don't think he's got the mobility for it, but that didn't seem to stop Ayr last season.

Edit: Aye, here we go with the edits again

I'd say we really need the wingers - Stirling and Smith - more than anybody to be honest. Big Thommo's got a touch like an angel and seems to love having crosses pinged at him.

Gallagher

Smith Stevenson Fleming Stirling

Thomson

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Sorry the 2 Dev players I took as given that they will be there come start of season.

Tatar scored a beauty but not sure I would sign him

If he plays a decent chunk tonight I'll judge Tatar after that. He seemed to do well against Dundee, and last night for the second half so I've been fairly impressed to be honest.

Just been told that Nade was at Morton but was horribly out of shape. He was due to appear in Morton's pre season friendlies but didn't show.

As good as it is that it might rule him out of a move to the 'Ton I can't help but feel for him. I thought he'd got over the problems that scuppered his early career  :(

He's definitely not signing for Morton

Here's what's going to happen. It'll get to mid August, he won't have a club, he'll sign for us on like a pound a week to get fit again. We'll be safe by January, he'll sign for a bigger club.

PITK

All of the signs were there that Nade would be a risk due to his fitness, if he hasn't kept himself in shape over the summer then perhaps it's for the best that he wanted to see what offers were elsewhere.  As it is, we have no intention of signing him any more, so lets move on.  

I am a wee bit surprised we had a defender on trial (Brady) last night - with Stevie saying the defence is complete after Sparky signed up and us rumoured to only have room for another couple of bodies, I'd be shocked if we brought in another defensive option. Our midfield looks a bit light in the middle and we have virtually no cover for either wing. Up front, Berbathom looks to have all but sewn up the first strikers jersey and Fleming has the other, with only McCallum pushing those two then I'd hope we'll get another striker signed.  I suppose the question is how much do we have left? If we want a few other players we might need to accept they will be of less quality.  Or do we go for less players of better quality and hope they don't get injured?  There's no right or wrong answer for me, but I'd be risking the less players of better quality option - being the mad gambler that I am.

I'm glad Stevie has approached this year in this manner though.  He clearly had his targets marked and went out early for them, missing out on one or two but it looks like a successful squad build to me. He's now putting the final touches together and using as much game time as possible to assess the players available to us. They might turn out to be shite, but I feel we've approached the season in a much better manner this year.