Sons' sorrow

The bit's in bold are exactly why I think (and hope) that Stevie will play Stirling and Smith.

We've just added a Bankies match to our pre-season, 2nd August at Holm Park. Hopefully they can get water up and running this year and the game can go ahead.

Yasss! Something to look forward to.

With the greatest respect, Stranraer have about 7 fans, how are they funding this squad? Weren't they at death's door a few seasons ago when their external funding was pulled? Are they getting external funding again from somewhere?

With the greatest respect, Stranraer have about 7 fans, how are they funding this squad? Weren't they at death's door a few seasons ago when their external funding was pulled? Are they getting external funding again from somewhere?

No. Just sensible financial management. After paying off debts quickly (I know that doesn't sound right in Scottish football [emoji3]) now have cash previously directed to pay off debts for investing in squad.

I presume our budget is bigger than theirs? Concerning if not.

Considering they are paying Aggy double what we offered and now signing Nade they are clearly paying big wages. How they can afford it on current crowds is anyones guess.

As has been mentioned before he's a big risk with his injury problems.

That seems a surprise on the face of it, but who cares. The management had moved on weeks ago and so should we. He's not signed for a team in our league as we'd feared. If Stranraer have cash to use then fair play, we were doing similar to save our arse last year.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

No. Just sensible financial management. After paying off debts quickly (I know that doesn't sound right in Scottish football emoji3.png) now have cash previously directed to pay off debts for investing in squad.

Fair enough but there is clearly money coming in from somewhere else too. The likes of Agnew and Nade do not come cheap. 

Bring on the new season ;)

Stranraer have to be spanking a fair bit on wages. Fair play to them for ambition. Nade will do well in that league!

On another note thousands of my posts have went missing during the pnb upgrade. Might want to check yours 

10 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Stranraer have to be spanking a fair bit on wages. Fair play to them for ambition. Nade will do well in that league!

On another note thousands of my posts have went missing during the pnb upgrade. Might want to check yours 

I appear to have lost a few thousand as well. 

Gies our posts back Div!

Anyway, all the best to the big man at Stranraer. If they can keep him fit he'll be a potential promotion winning signing. We're crippled financially and they pay fantastic money, so I can't blame him one bit for going, and I can't blame us for not pushing the boat out to keep him. He is injury prone and his season with us may well turn out to be a fluke - it's the best he's had at any club he's ever been at.

Part of me is devastated he's gone, but the other part of me knows it's for the best...if that doesn't sound stupidly sentimental. Very glad he won't be lining up against us next season however.

The Prince is dead, long live King Berbathom.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I appear to have lost a few thousand as well. 

Gies our posts back Div!

Anyway, all the best to the big man at Stranraer. If they can keep him fit he'll be a potential promotion winning signing. We're crippled financially and they pay fantastic money, so I can't blame him one bit for going, and I can't blame us for not pushing the boat out to keep him. He is injury prone and his season with us may well turn out to be a fluke - it's the best he's had at any club he's ever been at.

Part of me is devastated he's gone, but the other part of me knows it's for the best...if that doesn't sound stupidly sentimental. Very glad he won't be lining up against us next season however.

The Prince is dead, long live King Berbathom.

Not sure 'crippled' is the way to describe our finances :lol: you're making us sound like Livi!

We're still paying decent wages and are simply tightening the budget to counteract last seasons over spending. Such shrewd financial management is why we remain in a healthy position financially.