Sons' sorrow

Hes vastly over-rated by most Saints fans, and only got a contract extension due to some sublime U20 performances straight after O'Halloran left (we were gagging for a direct winger, and thats what Thomson was, so the hype train went mental).

Might manage not too badly at this level but hes still physically weak, is pretty naive in terms of always trying the same thing and loses his position quite a lot. Will likely have games where hes unplayable due to his directness, but you'd have to persevere through the games where hes invisible to benefit. Willie Dyer absolutely dominated him on Tuesday and Thomson was hooked at half time.

Sounds like nothing more than squad filler tbh.

He's a 20 (might be 21 now actually) year old winger who's had some first team experience with us, but mostly out on loan at Peterhead and I think Elgin before that. Very quick,and can be quite tricky and he's willing to do the dirty work but needs to work on his final ball and his awareness/movement when coming forward. Link up play isn't the best either.

He started for us against Brechin mid week. I wasn't there, but I don't think it was one of his better games. A lot of our fans really like him - some going as far as to say he could be Michael O'Halloran's replacement long term - but I can't see it personally.

I see this has been rubbished already, but we'll see what happens. My dad is, shall we say, well connected. Some of what he says is gold, some of what he says is shite.

It's shite on this occasion [emoji1]

Sounds like nothing more than squad filler tbh.

I'd be shocked if he was ever consistent enough to be anymore than that tbh

Anybody know what our lowest ever attendance for a competitive game at the CID is? I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow pulled in less than 300 to be honest and I wondered if that might be some sort of record at the Rock.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Anybody know what our lowest ever attendance for a competitive game at the CID is? I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow pulled in less than 300 to be honest and I wondered if that might be some sort of record at the Rock.

5-0 win v Alloa last season got 274. Tomorrow won't be anywhere near that because it's our first weekend home game and some people will see that as the first chance to see us.

4 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

5-0 win v Alloa last season got 274. Tomorrow won't be anywhere near that because it's our first weekend home game and some people will see that as the first chance to see us.

I reckon a lot of people will look at the entry price, the opposition, the fact the pipe band championship is on and the fact it's no more than a friendly for us and just save themselves the £12.

I hope I'm wrong - and it probably won't be as low as the 274 - but I really can't see many more than we got in for the Dundee friendly way back in June being bothered about this one.

I reckon a lot of people will look at the entry price, the opposition, the fact the pipe band championship is on and the fact it's no more than a friendly for us and just save themselves the £12.

I hope I'm wrong - and it probably won't be as low as the 274 - but I really can't see many more than we got in for the Dundee friendly way back in June being bothered about this one

You might be right but I can see it being 350 at least because some people, particularly older supporters might not have been at the East Fife game and will see this as a chance to see us in 'competitive' action before the season starts.

1 hour ago, cameron2000 said:

Sons Fan and I were two of the "crowd" that night. We hadn't even planked our erses on the seat when young Donald stepped up after 19 seconds to save us the hassle of sitting down.

59 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

You might be right but I can see it being 350 at least because some people, particularly older supporters might not have been at the East Fife game and will see this as a chance to see us in 'competitive' action before the season starts.

Nope, I won't be there. The manager seems to be treating this competition as a training exercise, so will I. 

Looking forward to the season, though, despite the doommongers and naysayers on here.

i'm with SonofaBankie. We've beaten the odds for four years.

What's another year.........?!

13 hours ago, Dynamo 2013 said:
14 hours ago, Kyle said:
He's a 20 (might be 21 now actually) year old winger who's had some first team experience with us, but mostly out on loan at Peterhead and I think Elgin before that. Very quick,and can be quite tricky and he's willing to do the dirty work but needs to work on his final ball and his awareness/movement when coming forward. Link up play isn't the best either.

He started for us against Brechin mid week. I wasn't there, but I don't think it was one of his better games. A lot of our fans really like him - some going as far as to say he could be Michael O'Halloran's replacement long term - but I can't see it personally.

I see this has been rubbished already, but we'll see what happens. My dad is, shall we say, well connected. Some of what he says is gold, some of what he says is shite.

It's shite on this occasion emoji1.png

So, Dynamo ITK, who have we enquired about?

Ahem, Jamie Ewings is a far, far better 'keeper than Greg Fleming. Buchanan would get in ahead of Murphy or Meggatt imo - although Meggatt is more of a left-back, no?

Todd can play on the wing, but by all accounts if a better No.10/striker. If you're needing wingers then Andy Stirling would get in too. Boyle was decent for us in Div 3 years ago, but I'm not convinced he's better than Docherty. Out of fairness I'll put him in however. Stevo/Cairney - meh, depends who is less unfit. Stevo has looked very fit recently which is promising, but I've no idea how Cairney looks so I'll pap them both in and you can pick one.

Jamie Ewings

Nicky Devlin Gregor Buchanan Daryl Meggatt Paddy Boyle

Josh Todd Ross Docherty Paul Cairney/Ryan Stevenson Andy Stirling

Craig Moore Robert Thomson

That team would probably be good enough to scrape 8th. Todd/Moore/Thomson/Stirling is a very decent frontline.

Neither Cairney nor Stevo would get near a best 11 from the two clubs combined

Flemming

Devlin Buchanan Meggatt Boyle

Stirling Crawford Adams Docherty Gilmour

Moore