The 'What I Got for Xmas' Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else's family stick to the frankly ridiculous "tradition" of not opening presents under the tree until AFTER Xmas lunch?

Twasn't so bad when I was a kid when you got your Santa presents in the morning, but since I'm in my mid-thirties, that particular tradition has long since set sail.

Nike running shoes, handheld SEGA gaming thing, clothes (3x jumpers, 1x t-shirt, 1x hoodie, 1x Partick Thistle top, 2x boxers, loadsa socks), aftershave, suitcase and £100 hotel voucher, Sir Alex autobiography, £45. Lovely.

I got a harmonica holder so I can play it and the guitar at the same time, a new golf brolly since the one I used yesterday got humped by the wind, some money that I'll spend on away days and for booking a hotel for Newcastle in March when I go to Maximo Park, and a Scottish Football Encyclopedia. Getting a new phone from my Mum & Dad as a joint birthday & Christmas present since my birthday was on the 16th. Pretty happy with that lot!

I'm the same, the girl has me 9 presents, I don't even need 9 things. Although I got too open one early last night and it was the Ron Burgundy book :)

I also got the Ron Burgundy book - very pleased!

Got some decent stuff again this year, including the Sir Alex Ferguson book, a braw new watch, a sat-nav, some Chanel / Boss aftershave, a bottle of Absolut Vodka and some clothes, including some new shirts for my work. A practical gift, but nothing beats the rather large box of Tunnocks Tea Cakes I received. Christmas made.

Just a couple of DVDs and a few things shirts. Main part of the present was cash, which will unfortunately just go to pay the owner of the Mercedes I smashed into a clue days ago

#undece.

My girlfriend bought herself an extra few months with a new PS4 and Fifa 14 for me, cracking effort to be fair, I only made a passing reference to it a few months ago.

My parents as usual totally misread my present needing situation and got me the usual random clothes, booze and cash. I asked my dad how easy it was buying me a present. His response was 'see now I like you are old enough to go and have a drink with and go to the football with and share bookies slips with, but f**k me it was much easier buying you presents when you were a kid, you just grabbed ay old shit from the toys r' us shelves and you were happy'.

Does anyone else's family stick to the frankly ridiculous "tradition" of not opening presents under the tree until AFTER Xmas lunch?

Twasn't so bad when I was a kid when you got your Santa presents in the morning, but since I'm in my mid-thirties, that particular tradition has long since set sail.

^^^ middle class b*****d.

Archived