Chvrches

ForzaDundee

A few folk at work were at Barrowlands and I saw then at the Corn Exchange and we all agree they were excellent despite it being my first ever concert with no drums. Depending on how it features in the movie their song on the new Hunger Games movie soundtrack could be their big mainstream break through.

Two cracking gigs. Thankfully I'm not epileptic with all the lighting effects that were going off! I was always a fan of the likes of Gun, Lies and Night Sky but the live performances for some of the songs on the album made them sound even better especially the aforementioned Night Sky and Lungs. Wasn't hugely keen on the new track from the Hunger Games but I do like Get Away from this Drive refreshed soundtrack. Look forward to the new material coming out whenever that may be.

It's the wee sympathetic smile at the end.

tumblr_mh0l6dRchq1qbrdf3o1_500.gif

ANYYYYYWAAAY...

I had the offer to see Chvches at The Corn Exchange the other night for ten quid, ten fucking quid, and I couldn't go. Je suis seething.

Music for a children's play pen. However if you are under 19 years of age this is probably new and sounds great.

If you grow up with 80's synth music you have heard it a thousand times since then. Give us something new ffs.

Edit Disclosure is more mature , laid back dance music still each to their own

Edited by Demented Zebra

Music for a children's play pen. However if you are under 19 years of age this is probably new and sounds great.

If you grow up with 80's synth music you have heard it a thousand times since then. Give us something new ffs.

calderwood.png

Begone, gramps.

XgsMyED.gif

I'm afraid saying "each to their own" doesn't work after making bullshit sweeping generalisations.

2luuqhe.jpg

Liking Disclosure

86996-jack-nicholson-WTF-what-gif-da-4yl

I grew up with 80's synth music and have lots of respect for chvrches.

Before I just start slating your opiniopn though, perhaps you could name a few better examples of this style of music since you've apprently heard it all before?

Edited by jock001

I grew up with 80's synth music and have lots of respect for chvrches.

Before I just start slating your opiniopn though, perhaps you could name a few better examples of this style of music since you've apprently heard it all before?

Think he's just trying to be edgy. Unfortunately for him he comes across as a bit of a c**t.

Disclosure as "something new" is absolutely hilarious :lol:

Ok Chvrches are the best thing since sliced bread.

What I have been saying is the synth sound has been done to death especially pop synth for children who can only hear the basic chords that make up popular sound. This band might go three albums and then they will disappear. Then the wee lassie will start writing pop hits magazine or something..

Edit to add

I like to see Scottish bands do well and bought this album when it first came out , played it around three times then field. I get young people will like it and anything that gets children listening to music is a good thing. Just stating for me I hear nothing new it's pop music played on basic common chords.

Edited by Demented Zebra

Ok Chvrches are the best thing since sliced bread.

What I have been saying is the synth sound has been done to death especially pop synth for children who can only hear the basic chords that make up popular sound. This band might go three albums and then they will disappear. Then the wee lassie will start writing pop hits magazine or something..

Edit to add

I like to see Scottish bands do well and bought this album when it first came out , played it around three times then field. I get young people will like it and anything that gets children listening to music is a good thing. Just stating for me I hear nothing new it's pop music played on basic common chords.

We get that you,don't like them. I don't particularly like them either, as stated previously.

The notion though that "the synth sound" has been done to death seems absurd - what are the sounds you're listening to that haven't been done to death?

I'd imagine part of the appeal of Chvrches is the simplicity. Some of the best and indeed most revolutionary popular music has been exceptionally simple. I take no issue with anyone who has an automatic preference for "complexity", and if that's your bag then that's fine. It's absolutely incredible though that you'd cite Disclosure as some sort of antidote to either simplicity or music that's been done before, given their entire shtick is to sound like decades worth of other music.