Chvrches

ForzaDundee

Just about to head north after the pre album launch gig last night which was absolutely amazing. Some of the new tracks sounded superb live and I can't wait for the album to drop on Friday.

Previewing the album on iTunes just now and I still cannot understand what the fuss is here. They're decent tunes but they're just so boring. And it sounds identical to the first album - great stuff if you're into it, not so good if you're looking for musical progression.

That's my two cents, and you're welcome to them.

Edited to add - this post is almost identical to the one I posted several weeks ago, and I apologise for the repetition.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

Previewing the album on iTunes just now and I still cannot understand what the fuss is here. They're decent tunes but they're just so boring. And it sounds identical to the first album - great stuff if you're into it, not so good if you're looking for musical progression.

That's my two cents, and you're welcome to them.

Edited to add - this post is almost identical to the one I posted several weeks ago, and I apologise for the repetition.

Was a big fan of the first album but agree this one suffers from a lack of progression, it's much more pedestrian and there's far less really good quality tracks on it. Tried to write it too quickly maybe?

Will still give them another shot live, because I was impressed by how tight they were last time I saw them.

Was a big fan of the first album but agree this one suffers from a lack of progression, it's much more pedestrian and there's far less really good quality tracks on it. Tried to write it too quickly maybe?

Will still give them another shot live, because I was impressed by how tight they were last time I saw them.

Hard not to be tight when you're playing along to sequencers (and I do realise this is one of the most "yer da" comments of all time).

At the risk of repeating myself again, I went right off them after seeing them at the ABC in Glasgow not long after the first record came out. I thought it was alright, some wonderful tunes (namely Gun) in amongst some reasonably diverting tracks. But I was so disappointed with them live - it was two big lumps on keyboards and a girl singing. And that was it. At one point, one of the keyboard players had a shot on a bass guitar, but it was just so dull. The tracks sounded exactly the same as they did on the record.

You could well be right about having written a follow-up album too quickly, but this might be their niche. They're a band I can't imagine progressing beyond how they sound just at the moment. I don't think they're a bad band, not by any stretch, but I just don't understand why people fawn over them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hard not to be tight when you're playing along to sequencers (and I do realise this is one of the most "yer da" comments of all time).

At the risk of repeating myself again, I went right off them after seeing them at the ABC in Glasgow not long after the first record came out. I thought it was alright, some wonderful tunes (namely Gun) in amongst some reasonably diverting tracks. But I was so disappointed with them live - it was two big lumps on keyboards and a girl singing. And that was it. At one point, one of the keyboard players had a shot on a bass guitar, but it was just so dull. The tracks sounded exactly the same as they did on the record.

You could well be right about having written a follow-up album too quickly, but this might be their niche. They're a band I can't imagine progressing beyond how they sound just at the moment. I don't think they're a bad band, not by any stretch, but I just don't understand why people fawn over them.

They wouldn't if the singer wasn't Scottish and hot

• 1 month later...

Saw them at Fat Sams on Tuesday night. Decent enough performance but I thought they sounded better at The Dome back in September.

I see they've also announced a gig at the SSE Hydro on 2nd April 2016. The Twilight Sad are supporting. Might pop along to that as well although I will need to miss ICT v Motherwell...

I see they've also announced a gig at the SSE Hydro on 2nd April 2016. The Twilight Sad are supporting. Might pop along to that as well although I will need to miss ICT v Motherwell...

I was thinking about going to this for The Twilight Sad and the two or three Churches songs I like, but £35 is a bit steep for them.