Krakow v Prague

Gaz FFC

Prague is dying on its arse for stag do’s

I bump into the occasional one here and the main gripe is the price of everything, accommodation can be cheap but all stag do related activities are too expensive, plus people are getting caught out by pickpockets a lot more.

The police are cracking down on the “strip” clubs as well, a couple of the bigger ones have been closed in the last few months

I’ve seen a big shift in it becoming more of a destination for couples, although you can still get beer in some places for under £1 a pint.

Anyone going to Prague should read and take heed

http://www.rockyoreillys.cz/warnings.htm

Point 10 has to be my favourite warning ever.

I'm really quite happy that wallet inspectors actually exist.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been to both and thought Prague was better.Although it's more expensive now than what it was

5 years ago.I guess the locals have caught on since then and are shafting the tourists to the max.

For the booze I'd go to Krakow but if you're on the trek for filth then Prague is still the place to go ;)

Been to both and thought Prague was better.Although it's more expensive now than what it was

5 years ago.I guess the locals have caught on since then and are shafting the tourists to the max.

For the booze I'd go to Krakow but if you're on the trek for filth then Prague is still the place to go ;)

I was over in Prague 6 weeks ago and could still get a pint of Dark Kozel, Budvar or Pilsner Urquell for between £0.95 - £1.20. I only paid more than that when I went to the Klasterni Strahov microwbrewery and U Tri Ruzi microwbrewery, but even then I was only paying £2.

I was over in Prague 6 weeks ago and could still get a pint of Dark Kozel, Budvar or Pilsner Urquell for between £0.95 - £1.20. I only paid more than that when I went to the Klasterni Strahov microwbrewery and U Tri Ruzi microwbrewery, but even then I was only paying £2.

What's the prices for grub? I'm going in August :)

What's the prices for grub? I'm going in August :)

Depends where you go, an Irish bar will cost you £12 for a burger or breakfast, go elsewhere and it will cost you £5

http://www.lunchtime.cz/jama/english/#denni_menu

If you work to the principal that 100Kc is £3 it's not bad value

http://www.nelso.co.uk/beer-price-map-of-prague/

If you are a fan of beer you should make time to go to a tank beer pub

http://www.expats.cz/prague/article/czech-food-drink/tank-beer-in-prague/

Depends where you go, an Irish bar will cost you £12 for a burger or breakfast, go elsewhere and it will cost you £5

http://www.lunchtime.cz/jama/english/#denni_menu

If you work to the principal that 100Kc is £3 it's not bad value

http://www.nelso.co.uk/beer-price-map-of-prague/

If you are a fan of beer you should make time to go to a tank beer pub

http://www.expats.cz/prague/article/czech-food-drink/tank-beer-in-prague/

Cheers for the links ;)

That Tank Beer sounds superb ill be right in about that.

Food and Beers cheaper than I thought. Can't wait :)

Cheers for the links ;)

That Tank Beer sounds superb ill be right in about that.

Food and Beers cheaper than I thought. Can't wait :)

That's a pretty decent list, but also try U Medvidku, Skorepka and U Vejvodu for reasonably cheap food and beer.

Was in Prague Thurs to Sun last week for a stag weekend and can honestly say it's by far the best place I've been for a stag. As some1 said most of the places we went to was about 80p-£1 a pint and roughly £10 for a 3 course meal. Plenty of good pubs and clubs but do avoid the usual Irish, British bars etc. The Prague sports bar just off the square is a gem shows every game imaginable on about 10 large screens and the beer is about £1.30!

That's a pretty decent list, but also try U Medvidku, Skorepka and U Vejvodu for reasonably cheap food and beer.

Cool cheers.

We were thinking of going to a match ( any team ) do you know if its easy to get tickets and when the season starts? We go end of August.

We tried to get into the Wroclow game a few years back and queued up for ages at the ticket office just before the game ( I say queued up, it was a free for all ) and when we got to the window the guy said we needed ID for the game.

Just wondering if its the same over there?

Cool cheers.

We were thinking of going to a match ( any team ) do you know if its easy to get tickets and when the season starts? We go end of August.

We tried to get into the Wroclow game a few years back and queued up for ages at the ticket office just before the game ( I say queued up, it was a free for all ) and when we got to the window the guy said we needed ID for the game.

Just wondering if its the same over there?

The season starts about the same time as Scotland, they play either a Friday night, Saturday afternoon or a Sunday evening, so between Sparta,Slavia, Bohemians,Victoria Zizkov and Dukla you'll be able to get a game in

There are underground stops near all the grounds and you get tickets from the ground.

Czech football is similar to the top flight in Scotland,some impressive stadia but crowds of about 5-6 thousand

Sometimes they ask to see your passport when buying tickets,They are big on their ultras here.it depends on the opposition

A league game costs about £10 and includes a free program + you can buy a beer

The season starts about the same time as Scotland, they play either a Friday night, Saturday afternoon or a Sunday evening, so between Sparta,Slavia, Bohemians,Victoria Zizkov and Dukla you'll be able to get a game in

There are underground stops near all the grounds and you get tickets from the ground.

Czech football is similar to the top flight in Scotland,some impressive stadia but crowds of about 5-6 thousand

Sometimes they ask to see your passport when buying tickets,They are big on their ultras here.it depends on the opposition

A league game costs about £10 and includes a free program + you can buy a beer

Good stuff sounds the business.

Cheers for all the info appreciated :)

Good stuff sounds the business.

Cheers for all the info appreciated :)

I've been to all of the stadia in Prague, been there 8 times, and Bohemians is my favourite. Both Slavia and Bohemians are on the same tram line (Tram 22 heading south east, I think) Bohemians is before Slavia.

There is a wee shop at Betlemska Namesti, near the Narodni Trida Metro station which sells tickets, t-shirts and souvenirs for most of the football and ice-hockey teams.

I've seen the Sparta stadium ( I believe in the north of Prague, near Holesovice) when travelling in from the airport. It looks interesting in a Cappielow-style of faintly rundown splendour.

I've seen the Sparta stadium ( I believe in the north of Prague, near Holesovice) when travelling in from the airport. It looks interesting in a Cappielow-style of faintly rundown splendour.

Spot on vT.

I'll be going to both in the summer. We're booked up to stay in 'Greg & Tom's Party Hostel' in Krakow which, despite sounding like a gay brothel, is meant to be absolutely amazing.

Does anyone know of any good hostels in Prague?

Also, is there anything anyone would recommend doing in either city?

Been to Prague but not for a stag-do type holiday, went when I was 16 with my parents and loved it. Stayed in a hotel called Hotel Pav which is round the corner from the national theatre, 5 minute walk from Charles Bridge. Didn't have to go far for some excellent pubs, was a great place literally next door to the hotel and others in the streets around it which were good enough for just going for food and a few drinks without getting pished. Wandered up Wenceslas Square, took in some museums and the castle, did the boat trip. No idea how it'd be for a stag do but nice city for a four or five day holiday if anyone's considering it for that.

I'll be going to both in the summer. We're booked up to stay in 'Greg & Tom's Party Hostel' in Krakow which, despite sounding like a gay brothel, is meant to be absolutely amazing.

Does anyone know of any good hostels in Prague?

Also, is there anything anyone would recommend doing in either city?

Sir Toby's Hostel is excellent and can be insanely cheap if you're lucky. It has it's own pub and I believe an outside terrace as well. It's in Holesovice across the river from the old city, but you'll be using the public transport anyway so it doesn't matter.

Archived