Krakow v Prague

Gaz FFC

Going here on Friday until Monday, good to read a bit about it. Has anyone else got anything to add? Going with 14 boys just a random trip away first time i've been so really looking forward to it.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prague, I presume? Try getting your way over to Riegrovy Sady, it's a massive park around the working-class area of Žižkov, and has the city's largest outdoor beer garden parked right in the centre. Or you can do what everyone else does anyway, and bring a carryout (or a joint) with you to watch the sun set over the Old Town.

Prague, I presume? Try getting your way over to Riegrovy Sady, it's a massive park around the working-class area of Žižkov, and has the city's largest outdoor beer garden parked right in the centre. Or you can do what everyone else does anyway, and bring a carryout (or a joint) with you to watch the sun set over the Old Town.

Yeah sorry should've said we are going to Prague. We are staying near the Old Town so will be there a lot no doubt but like the sound of the beer garden so will look into that definitely.

Cheers

Going here on Friday until Monday, good to read a bit about it. Has anyone else got anything to add? Going with 14 boys just a random trip away first time i've been so really looking forward to it.

Depends on what you want to do,you'll get mobbed in a group that size anywhere in the city center by reps for strip clubs and guys selling drugs.

From knowing lot of people in Prague and spending a couple of years living there I would offer the following...

The strip clubs are strip clubs despite what they tell you outside,there are only 1-2 places in the center that will offer extra services,Darlings advertises it's self as the best stag do venue in Prague and it probably is.

Don't buy drugs on the street,there is a bar not far from the Dubliner pub that you can buy anything like that,the guy who runs it it from Dundee coincidentally........

If you want to know any specifics and don't want folk on here to know your going hooring it...send me a DM and I'll let you know.

It's a good city and you will probably love it,the only downside would be if you got robbed/ripped off and it happens quite a lot there if your naive enough

Sir Toby's Hostel is excellent and can be insanely cheap if you're lucky. It has it's own pub and I believe an outside terrace as well. It's in Holesovice across the river from the old city, but you'll be using the public transport anyway so it doesn't matter.

Ended up staying there and it was absolutely fantastic. On the last night a singer/songwriter from Texas who was touring Europe for three months played a free gig in the basement and after that I met the son of the man that wrote the Home and Away theme tune. You just can't get better than that.

Unfortunately my time in Prague coincided with the second bout of flooding so the torrential rain stopped me from doing a lot of the stuff I wanted to do. Krakow is excellent though, extremely picturesque and there's a lot of cool stuff to do as well as Auschwitz being close enough to visit. One of my pals got scammed out of almost £900 though so if anyone is heading out there then they need to be careful, especially if they meet Russian girls that want to go somewhere for a drink.

Depends on what you want to do,you'll get mobbed in a group that size anywhere in the city center by reps for strip clubs and guys selling drugs.

From knowing lot of people in Prague and spending a couple of years living there I would offer the following...

The strip clubs are strip clubs despite what they tell you outside,there are only 1-2 places in the center that will offer extra services,Darlings advertises it's self as the best stag do venue in Prague and it probably is.

Don't buy drugs on the street,there is a bar not far from the Dubliner pub that you can buy anything like that,the guy who runs it it from Dundee coincidentally........

If you want to know any specifics and don't want folk on here to know your going hooring it...send me a DM and I'll let you know.

It's a good city and you will probably love it,the only downside would be if you got robbed/ripped off and it happens quite a lot there if your naive enough

Cheers for the reply, most of us have gf's so not bothered about hooring it up just there for the beer really no doubt a few of the boys will venture into the strippers at some point though. Really looking forward to it now.

• 2 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03cwv1l/Sex_Stags_and_Prague_Stacey_Dooley_Investigates/

Just watched this, Stacey Dooley appears to be a female Karl Pilkington, how is she employed as a journalist/presenter?

I've always asked the same thing. No offence to the lassie, but she is thick as f**k.

Watched the one in Sunny Beach last week. Classic Brit abroad, speaking to the locals as if they're blind, deaf and dumb by speaking ridiculously slowly and signing what she meant. Of course the answers came back in better English than she can speak.

Looked her up and she actually appears to be a relatively serious journalist. I assumed she'd won Big Brother or something.

Watched the one in Sunny Beach last week. Classic Brit abroad, speaking to the locals as if they're blind, deaf and dumb by speaking ridiculously slowly and signing what she meant. Of course the answers came back in better English than she can speak.

Looked her up and she actually appears to be a relatively serious journalist. I assumed she'd won Big Brother or something.

She asks a stripper if people ever grab her fanny......

On phone so can't post decent links but there's a Connor Woodman Prague undercover thing which is one of the most inadvertently hilarious things going.

At one point he's in some unlit cupboard talking to a prostitute about liking Prague's architecture.

I saw the scam city one, It was one of the better Prague ones, they normally just end up showing revelations that Prague has lap-dancing and brothels and people can get ripped off in them, Like most major cities

Stacey Dooley's approach was to say that every man who's been on a stag do to Prague has

A. definitely shagged a hooker

B. Didn't wear a condom

C. Probably has aids

• 6 months later...

Seeing as this is *apparently* a Prague guide now, it seems the best place to share a couple of excellent travel resources. First, the place to go when trying to pick out a good local pub or beer garden (and the better beers) from the 17 million choices in Prague:

http://www.praguebeergarden.com/

Get the Google map location/address, bung them onto the inevitable city map, job done.

And also a seemingly no longer updated site detailing other good places to visit in the the Czech Republic, nearer and further away from Prague:

http://www.outsideprague.com/

• 5 months later...

Krakow is the only place where someone has shouted at me calling me a cucumber...I turned and ran just so they didn't get the satisfaction of seeing the tears streaming down my face.

In all seriousness, Krakow is probably the nicest city I've been to in Poland - but it's also the most expensive.

• 1 year later...

Heading to Prague in April with my boyfriend for a few nights over my birthday. I was just curious if anyone had any must do suggestions, touristy or not.

Outside of Prague, is there anywhere else in the Czech Republic that might be worth a visit for a day? Also, if anyone here has been there often/lived there, I'm assuming that since it's fairly Central Europe, the country has a decent tolerance to the LGBT community? A quick look online suggests it's quite an accepting place.

A day trip to Karlštejn castle is a standard option, about 50 minutes from Prague. Organised trips are available or you can take the suburban train to Beroun and get off at Karlštejn's village station. Plzeň has the famous brewery and a nice centre and is an hour and a half away by train. The site 'Outside Prague' has quite a few suggestions.

Archived