PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are aimed at different markets. And have totally different price points. Do some googling and ul see how disappointed they were with the sales.

Of course.

You said the PSP sales were poor. Having the 8th best selling console of all time, with 80m units sold, isn't poor.

Gta out on any of the new consoles?

Nope. They may release a next gen one around the time of the PC one, but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting. With them still supporting GTA Online pretty heavily, I imagine work on other versions has been slow.

If anyone is looking to get a PS4 for Xmas Amazon say they will have stock in on the 21st December of both the Knack bundle and Killzone bundle. If you sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime (30 days) that will ensure you get it before Xmas.

If anyone is looking to get a PS4 for Xmas Amazon say they will have stock in on the 21st December of both the Knack bundle and Killzone bundle. If you sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime (30 days) that will ensure you get it before Xmas.

Got a link? can only find ones that are being sold by individual sellers on amazon, which i don't trust at all.

Dear god, it is in comparison to their hopes and predictions. It's really not a hard thing to grasp.

It's not hard to grasp but that's not the point you made originally and it doesn't make you any more correct. As we all know the business heads in the video game industry tend to over-inflate their expectations by a considerable margin. Tomb Raider was the big one to do this last year being considered a flop by their publisher (Squenix? Eidos? Something along those lines...) despite selling well over a million units.

Given that Sony really only make a profit from their video games division it would make sense for them to project much higher sales in order to look more appealing to shareholders. 80million units for a handheld is very fucking impressive.

On the subject of handhelds: I've now had a go on both the Nintendo 3DS and PSVita and I must say I love both. 3DS is still a similar feel to the old school DS and GBA, fits naturally in your hands and doesnt feel flimsy or lightweight at all. 3D display works a lot better than I imagined it would although the game I had on didnt seem to use it too much. The virtual console thing is the best move Nintendo could make offering up a tonne of classic game boy games to download for cheap.

Vita looks far better than you could imagine any handheld if you think back to the old gameboy days. Even the PSP isnt a patch on it. Like the 3DS it feels solid and comfortable. The back touch pad is an interesting concept but not sure that it works.

The big difference maker is the games available though, Nintendos catalogue is far more impressive for what I want just now. However with FFX/X-2 being released on Vita next spring that might push me to invest in one.

It's not hard to grasp but that's not the point you made originally and it doesn't make you any more correct. As we all know the business heads in the video game industry tend to over-inflate their expectations by a considerable margin. Tomb Raider was the big one to do this last year being considered a flop by their publisher (Squenix? Eidos? Something along those lines...) despite selling well over a million units.

Given that Sony really only make a profit from their video games division it would make sense for them to project much higher sales in order to look more appealing to shareholders. 80million units for a handheld is very fucking impressive.

On the subject of handhelds: I've now had a go on both the Nintendo 3DS and PSVita and I must say I love both. 3DS is still a similar feel to the old school DS and GBA, fits naturally in your hands and doesnt feel flimsy or lightweight at all. 3D display works a lot better than I imagined it would although the game I had on didnt seem to use it too much. The virtual console thing is the best move Nintendo could make offering up a tonne of classic game boy games to download for cheap.

Vita looks far better than you could imagine any handheld if you think back to the old gameboy days. Even the PSP isnt a patch on it. Like the 3DS it feels solid and comfortable. The back touch pad is an interesting concept but not sure that it works.

The big difference maker is the games available though, Nintendos catalogue is far more impressive for what I want just now. However with FFX/X-2 being released on Vita next spring that might push me to invest in one.

It's not the point I originally made? Is English your second language?

Your original point was that the PSP's sales were poor.

To whom? You didn't define that. Objectively, 80m and 8th all-time in an effective list of 26 isn't poor.

Subjectively, to Sony execs who might have thought they had the new Gameboy, the sales were disappointing. That wasn't your point at all, or at least that wasn't what you expressed.

Is English your second language?

Eh, I can maybe chip in and buy another one, two tops, on their own for the others:lol:

It's a long game in the console wars. The PSP broke many launch records but it's overall sales were poor.

I'm not concerned really, I like my xbox and hope anyone that gets a PS4 likes that.

:rolleyes:

Your original point was that the PSP's sales were poor.

To whom? You didn't define that. Objectively, 80m and 8th all-time in an effective list of 26 isn't poor.

Subjectively, to Sony execs who might have thought they had the new Gameboy, the sales were disappointing. That wasn't your point at all, or at least that wasn't what you expressed.

Is English your second language?

No matter how you try to sound clever. If you couldn't see this from what I posted you're an idiot.

Couple of Sony fanboy getting all upset. :lol:

Google it, sony stated they were disappointed in the overall sales. Don't bother replying to me as I won't reply to you. You are clearly someone incapable of doing research.

If you look at my previous post you'll see that I know that, I'm just saying that its not what you said. You really need to get a grip mate, getting this upset over something so silly. :lol:

God of War, on 18 Dec 2013 - 15:19, said:

No matter how you try to sound clever. If you couldn't see this from what I posted you're an idiot. Couple of Sony fanboy getting all upset. :lol:

Your absolute staunch defense of Xbox over every little point made has you firmly in the Xbox fanboy category tbh.

Your absolute staunch defense of Xbox over every little point made has you firmly in the Xbox fanboy category tbh.

I won't deny that mate I probably am. A fanboy. :lol: although as I stated before I'm not bothered which console people buy, I hope they enjoy them. It's the petty point scoring and deliberate misinterpretation of posts even in here which I have no time for.

Do you have either yet? How you finding it?

God of War, on 18 Dec 2013 - 16:17, said:

I won't deny that mate I probably am. A fanboy. :lol: although as I stated before I'm not bothered which console people buy, I hope they enjoy them. It's the petty point scoring and deliberate misinterpretation of posts even in here which I have no time for.

Do you have either yet? How you finding it?

Not got either yet, I'll be plumping for the Ps4 I think, but feel like waiting until some more games come out for it first.

Not got either yet, I'll be plumping for the Ps4 I think, but feel like waiting until some more games come out for it first.

Not a bad shout to wait. I think both have very few good games at the moment. Hopefully as more come out the console will come down in price a bit as well.

No matter how you try to sound clever. If you couldn't see this from what I posted you're an idiot. Couple of Sony fanboy getting all upset. :lol:

I "couldn't see" what you meant from your first "poor" post, I'm not telepathic. If you can't tell the difference between what you think and what you express, then you're an idiot.

ETA: For the record, there was no petty point-scoring initially, I was innocently stating that 80m sales is not poor - I hadn't thought of the repurcussions of using the 360 selling less as an example, it was simply the next console down the list. Watching you try to dig yourself out of a hole has been amusing though, especially the finish.

Archived